The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

With the way India is trending upwards, I could see them hit more than 100,000 new cases in one day in the near future.

Seems pretty reasonable. After going to Kolkata last year, a city seeing 15 million people trafficking through it daily, people socially distancing there is, in a word, "impossible." Inevitable that India would get hit hard.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Seems pretty reasonable. After going to Kolkata last year, a city seeing 15 million people trafficking through it daily, people socially distancing there is, in a word, "impossible." Inevitable that India would get hit hard.

3 years ago, the college where I work had a huge influx of students from India. During orientation, one of our Deans did a presentation all about this thing that North Americans believe in called "personal space".....:lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'd like to see a map of all the places in Vancouver in the last month. It looks like the DT core and the West End are having exposures pop up at a lot of places that are all within 20 square blocks. 

My guess is there are tons more cases downtown. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, stawns said:

as shocking as it is to say, I don't disagree with KoS there, necessarily.

You would  have to be pretty daft to not see the NDP plan of having Dr. B reduce social distancing guidelines the weekend before kids go back to school.

Dr. B should stick to science and not let herself get pulled into politics.   She /we  had a great start in March / April.  Shame to see it all p.... ed away by sending mixed messages to BC young people. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

2 hours ago, Monty said:

When you have well over a billion people theres no room for ANY distancing.  From videos I have seen, the common person is just crammed to hell there on the best of times on streets, etc/  Nothing you can really do about it, still have to work and get groceries, etc. Doesn't help the country is polluted to hell at the best of times, sanitary practices are almost non existent.  Whats that river that is brown with pollution and garbage and people still swim in it?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Monty said:

All of them? But perhaps the Ganges is what you're thinking of.

Oh I bet its all of them.  I remember watching a documenty of one that was absolutely disgusting and it made me feel sick just seeing that people were actually swimming in it because they felt it was religious or something insane like that. 

10 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

he just reminds me of one of those nasty 7-11 hot dogs, its just goes on and on and nothing good comes of it. 

I could really care less about your opinion TBH.....   

Wear a mask, social distance and wash your hands..  Covid is a very serious issue here in BC and actually everywhere.....

Edited by kingofsurrey

So the gym I go to I mentioned some pages back - there is a restaurant above them and apparently they weren't even notified the gym had a case of the corona until a couple weeks after. So I went there yesterday for breakfast at the open and about 5 minutes later the server says they're closing down because the cook is wearing a mask but feels ill and is going for a test later. So they're still closed for "deep cleaning."

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Monty said:

Yeah, I traveled around India a bit over 10 years ago. Of course the cities are packed to the gills, but what really struck me is how there were people EVERYWHERE. Even on a beat-up road going from Delhi to Agra, there were people strewn along the sides of the road on a near-constant basis. You'd even look out into the fields, and there'd be people there too!

It's just madness. But what can you do? Can't lock them down forever, most need steady income just to survive.

21 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Yeah, I traveled around India a bit over 10 years ago. Of course the cities are packed to the gills, but what really struck me is how there were people EVERYWHERE. Even on a beat-up road going from Delhi to Agra, there were people strewn along the sides of the road on a near-constant basis. You'd even look out into the fields, and there'd be people there too!

It's just madness. But what can you do? Can't lock them down forever, most need steady income just to survive.

Yeah, took the road from Varanasi to Agra, and it was much the same. Train from Agra to Dehli was as you'd expect, especially the platform on Dehli. Social distancing isn't really something that can exist there in any way, shape, or form.

5 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

You would  have to be pretty daft to not see the NDP plan of having Dr. B reduce social distancing guidelines the weekend before kids go back to school.

Dr. B should stick to science and not let herself get pulled into politics.   She /we  had a great start in March / April.  Shame to see it all p.... ed away by sending mixed messages to BC young people. 

You can't put 30 kids in a classroom and keep a 2 meter distance so rather than reduce class size they change the protocol. 

• Cheers 2

42 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

You can't put 30 kids in a classroom and keep a 2 meter distance so rather than reduce class size they change the protocol. 

Yes of course you are correct. 

Young people in BC now just got the message from Dr. B that  you can hang out with 30 friends / no masks / 1 metre apart.

Maybe not the ideal message to give kids the day before the long weekend...... during a Pandemic . 

Edited by kingofsurrey