The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

7 hours ago, cuporbust said:

I voted for the NDP.

Pretty stoked about what they can get done with this.

What are the red flags and why did you post in this thread?

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I voted for the NDP.

Pretty stoked about what they can get done with this.

What are the red flags and why did you post in this thread?

because the "control conspiracy" folks think this is the government now "taking control" :lol: :picard: 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, JM_ said:

because the "control conspiracy" folks think this is the government now "taking control" :lol: :picard: 

Yeah must be, he posted the same link in the BC emerg thread for some reason, referencing the end of times and making some kind of comment on the Ukraine...

So, um....:unsure:.....:mellow:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Yeah must be, he posted the same link in the BC emerg thread for some reason, referencing the end of times and making some kind of comment on the Ukraine...

So, um....:unsure:.....:mellow:

get to preppin' my friend. I have an extra generator if you can trade me for some rations. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Smh. The article cites facts. Enough bunk arguments. 

But you misrepresented the "facts".....as did the author of the NP article. The Bangladeshi study does not say that cloth masks had zero efficacy and it showed masks resulted in an 11% overall efficacy. Not just for people over 50, as you claim....

Mask efficacy is supported in the study's Conclusion, which I have posted once and Destroyer twice....

Speaking of "bunk arguments"....:rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Do you not know how politics work? We have literally had alliances with parties in minority governments since Canada was born. If you seriously think this is a red flag, learn a bit of history about our country and politics. This is not only normal, this is what should be expected if a government wants to get things done in a minority government.

I'm assuming you voted either Conservative or the PPC. If the Conservatives had a minority government and teamed up with someone else, would you also say there's "red flags"? If the Liberals teams up with the Convervatives instead, again, would you say there are red flags with that? Please answer this truthfuly. In fact, if you don't answer this here, I'm going to assume the answer would be "no" out of an assumption of hipocrisy.

Edited by The Lock
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, The Lock said:

Do you not know how politics work? We have literally had alliances with parties in minority governments since Canada was born. If you seriously think this is a red flag, learn a bit of history about our country and politics. This is not only normal, this is what should be expected if a government wants to get things done in a minority government.

I'm assuming you voted either Conservative or the PPC. If the Conservatives had a minority government and teamed up with someone else, would you also say there's "red flags"? If the Liberals teams up with the Convervatives instead, again, would you say there are red flags with that? Please answer this truthfuly. In fact, if you don't answer this here, I'm going to assume the answer would be "no" out of an assumption of hipocrisy.

The red flags started with things like his public statement regarding his admiration with China's " basic dictatorship", and continued with the lavelin scandal . The use of the emergencies act that has basically never in history been used for that application. The speach he gave on not" tolerating people"  that disagree with him and "take up space" ( being completely unwilling to use diplomacy), his stance on the mandates,  and what he was willing to do to force them. His full support of the world economic forum and Klaus Schwab ....his letter of admiration and views on dictator and personal family friend Fidel Castro....his efforts to force his versions of family values with legislation...........ya , its all those things coupled with what just happened and more .

Edited by cuporbust
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

The red flags started with his public statement regarding his admiration with China's " basic dictatorship", and continued with the lavelin scandal , the use of the emergencies act that has basically never in history been used for that application, speach he gave on not tolerating people that disagree with him and take up space ( being completely unwilling to use diplomacy), his stance on the mandates,  and what he was willing to do to force them. So ya , its all those things coupled with what just happened and more .

Do you have proof of this "admiration with China's 'basic dictatorshop'"?

You also failed to answer my question; nor did you acknowledge anything I posted. I'm assuming then everything I said was relevant and you're here kicking and screaming about by making crazy claims.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

The use of the emergencies act that has basically never in history been used for that application. The speach he gave on not" tolerating people"  that disagree with him and "take up space" ( being completely unwilling to use diplomacy), his stance on the mandates,  and what he was willing to do to force them. 

Which countries do you think would have tolerated domestic terrorism from neo-Nazis for longer?  The problem was treating those pieces of garbage with the kid gloves.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

The red flags started with things like his public statement regarding his admiration with China's " basic dictatorship", and continued with the lavelin scandal . The use of the emergencies act that has basically never in history been used for that application. The speach he gave on not" tolerating people"  that disagree with him and "take up space" ( being completely unwilling to use diplomacy), his stance on the mandates,  and what he was willing to do to force them. His full support of the world economic forum and Klaus Schwab ....his letter of admiration and views on dictator and personal family friend Fidel Castro....his efforts to force his versions of family values with legislation...........ya , its all those things coupled with what just happened and more .

so in your mind what do all these 'red flags' add up to? not sure what your actual point is. 

• Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

The red flags started with things like his public statement regarding his admiration with China's " basic dictatorship", Taken wildly out of context, see full comment for details.  No different than former Conservative leaders stated admiration for Mao

and continued with the lavelin scandal.  Lavalin scandal started under former government, see super hospital, admitting porter to security post; claiming this is a specific single government issue shows ignorance

The use of the emergencies act that has basically never in history been used for that application.  As a person who's family was part of the native convoy in the 70s; watching this used against the FLQ and seeing 3 weeks worth of occupation finally ended via this legislation you're technically right, but ignorant still of the measures without factoring in it was a multi party government in power that made this possible

The speach he gave on not" tolerating people"  that disagree with him and "take up space" I have to ask what is wrong not tolerating people that disagree with him when they only spout off the most ridiculous conspiracy theories, have called him horrific names, defamed his name and mother as well as threatened his personal safety and that of his family and elected officials because they refuse to accept the science?  Would you be tolerant of those people?  Judging by your posts...no.  No you wouldn't.  

( being completely unwilling to use diplomacy), his stance on the mandates,  and what he was willing to do to force them.  There is no diplomacy for people who occupy a nations capital with a manifesto written to literally depose the duly elected government and install their own handpicked individuals in their place through fear, coercion and violence if necessary.  There is literal laws in canada detailing why this is actually terrorism.  His stance on mandates was guided by medical professionals and continues to be guided by medical professionals. 

What he was willing to do?  That is not how our government works, he is only the figurehead of a party that only sits in power via a willing coalition of multi party support in an elected democracy.  Why you keep blaming HIM is beyond me because it only further proves you don't know how our government works.

His full support of the world economic forum and Klaus Schwab ....his letter of admiration and views on dictator and personal family friend Fidel Castro....his efforts to force his versions of family values with legislation...........ya , its all those things coupled with what just happened and more .  His support of the WEF is no different than the former government, see their response and statements about that and the IMF post 2008.  His views on a former world leader are just that, being a "close family friend" and in your circles rumoured idiocy, possible son of; said individual means that he had and was and continues to be entitled to views we can't share. 

I do not buy in to Americanism boogeyman rhetoric about Cuba having visited numerous times.  It was not lead by good people or governed well but I was not subject to any of the BS that gets parroted about every day life there.  His version of family values with legislation are and would be literally no different than the former government enacting their OWN legislation about family values and how women and minorities were allowed to conduct themselves.  You're again; cherry picking.

Almost everything you have said is little more than rhetoric and completely opinion based BS and shows you know nothing of how our government works.  EVERYTHING since Covid started has been mandated by multi party support thus ensuring the majority of Canadians are represented.  Your claims of intloerance are baseless, your cherry picked statements have been so oft disproved as to be just annoying now.

Honestly, until you're ready to accept your limitations in this argument by admitting you don't understand what you're talking about because you don't have that basic understanding of how our government works or why specific measures were enacted; maybe you should sit this one out until you've completed a remedial social studies course about our nation.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think it's kind of like the World Series trophy, only the flags are all red instead of gold....:unsure:

yeah its odd. I'm super curious how SNC plays into the whole plot though. 

• Vintage 1

B.C. COVID-19 pandemic update:

As of Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 90.8% (4,526,085) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 87.1% (4,341,506) have received their second dose.

In addition, 93.4% (4,330,184) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 91.0% (4,217,679) received their second dose and 57.1% (2,648,785) have received a third dose.

Also, 93.8% (4,055,277) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 91.4% (3,953,391) received their second dose and 58.9% (2,549,120) have received a third dose.

B.C. is reporting 269 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 354,603 cases in the province.

The new cases include:

• Fraser Health: 49
  • Vancouver Coastal Health: 51
  • Interior Health: 73
  • Northern Health: 43
  • Island Health: 53
  • People who reside outside of Canada: zero

There are 258 individuals hospitalized with COVID-19, and 49 are in intensive care.

In the past 24 hours, one new death (Northern Health) has been reported, for an overall total of 2,975.

There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks, for a total of five facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:

long-term care:

• Hillside Village (Interior Health)
  • The Heights at Mt. View, Yucalta Lodge and Selkirk Seniors Village (Island Health)

acute care:

• Surrey Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health)

assisted or independent living:

• none

From March 15-21, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 16.0% of cases.

From March 8-21, they accounted for 26.3% of hospitalizations.

Past week cases (March 15-21) - Total 1,416

• Not vaccinated: 203 (14.3%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 24 (1.7%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 1,189 (84.0%)

Past two weeks cases hospitalized (March 8-21) - Total 369

• Not vaccinated: 84 (22.8%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 13 (3.5%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 272 (73.7%)

Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (March 15-21)

• Not vaccinated: 60.4
  • Partially vaccinated: 18.2
  • Fully vaccinated: 25.5

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (March 8-21)

• Not vaccinated: 23.8
  • Partially vaccinated: 11.7
  • Fully vaccinated: 5.8

Since December 2020, the Province has administered 11,458,133 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2022HLTH0096-000412

• Thanks 3