The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, BPA said:

Cuz people don't care.

In the news I read today.  There was a wedding in Calgary that was a superspreader event.  49 people confirmed with Covid-19 after that wedding.  Now they are scrambling to contact trace.

Stupid is that stupid does.

stupid forrest gump GIF

Have a frugal and tasteful shotgun wedding – Budgeted Wedding

37 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

The covid-19 pandemic has left about 285,000 more people dead in the United States than would be expected in a typical year, two-thirds of them from the disease itself and the rest from other causes, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Tuesday.

But the CDC also found, surprisingly, that it has struck 25- to 44-year-olds very hard: Their “excess death” rate is up 26.5 percent over previous years, the largest change for any age group.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/the-coronavirus-pandemic-has-caused-nearly-300000-more-deaths-than-expected-in-a-typical-year/ar-BB1ad6lv?li=BBnb7Kz

and to add to my post from above. this "news" is just to bash on DT, which is dirty play when your outright lying  and  boosting the pandemic death numbers by 80000 deaths

8 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Who exactly is 'they' and what exactly is the definition of 'long-term'?  Is it 3 weeks, 3 months, 3 years, 30 years....?  I get very suspect of these reports since this thing, as we know it now,  hasn't been around very long for people to be publishing reports of 'long-term' problems.  I'm not saying I don't believe there will be people with long-term issues, just that we can't speculate on what they are or how long they will last as there is no base-line yet. 

Long term means patients have damaged organs etc. that they will have to live with going forward. 
They are medical professionals who have reported their findings. 
How long long term is depends on how long they live. 

2 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

and to add to my post from above. this "news" is just to bash on DT, which is dirty play when your outright lying  and  boosting the pandemic death numbers by 80000 deaths

They didn’t say that 285k people died from Covid.
It says that number of deaths during the Covid pandemic is 285k higher vs. the same period of the last year without the Covid.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Long term means patients have damaged organs etc. that they will have to live with going forward. 
They are medical professionals who have reported their findings. 
How long long term is depends on how long they live. 

long term is not the same as permanent. some people may be okay with having  a bunged up lung for a few years, if its the differnce of working or sitting at home 

• Wat 1

12 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

They didn’t say that 285k people died from Covid.
It says that number of deaths during the Covid pandemic is 285k higher vs. the same period of the last year without the Covid.

im referring  to this "The covid-19 pandemic has left about 285,000 more people dead in the United States than would be expected in a typical year" this is the misleading part, some people  are not smart enough to understand what this articles is about. also after  30 seconds of fact checking that         you provided  show that the numbers are wrong. anything else? also the title is even worse. "The coronavirus pandemic has caused nearly 300,000 more deaths than expected in a typical year"

Edited by Petey_BOI

2 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

im referring  to this "The covid-19 pandemic has left about 285,000 more people dead in the United States than would be expected in a typical year" this is the misleading part, some people  are not smart enough to understand what this articles is about. also after  30 seconds of fact checking that         you provided  show that the numbers are wrong. anything else?

Bored Episode 15 GIF by The Simpsons

11 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

im referring  to this "The covid-19 pandemic has left about 285,000 more people dead in the United States than would be expected in a typical year" this is the misleading part, some people  are not smart enough to understand what this articles is about. also after  30 seconds of fact checking that         you provided  show that the numbers are wrong. anything else?

NCHS has directly tied 209k deaths, they are the most accurate since they use death certificate.

Also it takes few minutes to code death but for Covid it takes 7 days or more depending on the local authorities.

The 285k number also includes deaths of people that due to Covid did not seek medical attention or did not receive it due to Covid.

Do I look like I give a &^@# that people can’t figure out the numbers?

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

certainly nothing you've contributed.  Just the same old drivel

lol, all i have said is that this article is misleading.can you explain how its old?its also certainly not drivel, go ahead and look yourself.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/the-coronavirus-pandemic-has-caused-nearly-300000-more-deaths-than-expected-in-a-typical-year/ar-BB1ad6lv?li=BBnb7Kz

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#Comorbidities

To be honest, this very thread shows why we as humans can't be ready for a virus like this. When you have people who don't care about people dying and want the economy going, it just shows how far behind we really are if we ever hope to be able to respond well to these kinds of things.

• Upvote 1

@Petey_BOI

Get it now?

I can grab my kids crayons and draw you a picture!

The coronavirus pandemic has left about 285,000 more people dead in the United States than would be expected in a typical year, two-thirds of them from covid-19 itself and the rest from other causes, 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/coronavirus-excess-deaths/2020/10/20/1e1d77c6-12e1-11eb-ba42-ec6a580836ed_story.html

6 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

The 285k number also includes deaths of people that due to Covid did not seek medical attention or did not receive it due to Covid.

Do I look like I give a &^@# that people can’t figure out the numbers?

i dont believe you, i looked at the excess death count, it includes car accidents, heart,diabetes etc....... 

203k from the article you provided, nothing showing anything people not seeking medical attention. anything else?

Place of death All Deaths involving COVID-19 (U07.1)1 Deaths from All Causes Deaths involving Pneumonia, with or without COVID-19, excluding Influenza deaths
(J12.0–J18.9)2
Deaths involving COVID-19 and Pneumonia, excluding Influenza
(U07.1 and J12.0–J18.9)2
All Deaths involving Influenza, with or without COVID-19 or Pneumonia
(J09–J11)3
Total 203,043 2,203,637 207,687 92,095 6,722

7 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

@Petey_BOI

Get it now?

I can grab my kids crayons and draw you a picture!

The coronavirus pandemic has left about 285,000 more people dead in the United States than would be expected in a typical year, two-thirds of them from covid-19 itself and the rest from other causes, 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/coronavirus-excess-deaths/2020/10/20/1e1d77c6-12e1-11eb-ba42-ec6a580836ed_story.html

and the title? "The coronavirus pandemic has caused nearly 300,000 more deaths than expected in a typical year'

also its still misleading 285k cannot be contributed to the pandemic

Edited by Petey_BOI

3 hours ago, stawns said:

where is this happening, other than virus hotspots? 

The same people who spout this bs about 'lockdowns" are the same ones who are going to cause future lockdowns because they the ones who also refuse to wear masks, social distance ot inconvenience their lives in any way to keep other people safe,

Snowflake material right here. 

44 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

bash dt?

fake the numbers?

huh?

victim of paranoia much?