The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

ffs

I am so f'ing sick of this bullsh!t

What is with all this government conspiracy  theory crap?  Most governments are lucky to organize a blow job at a sex workers convention with a pocket full of cash. 

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

I'm just going to leave this here... watch the entire video before you guys use the conspiracy card. 

This isn't about this super deadly virus with a 99.7 percent survival rate anymore. 

This isn't black or white with regards to survival or death.   There are a significant percentage of people who "survive" the virus who have significant after effects.   Those people are not included in that 99.7 talking point.  What about the chef or cook whose smell and taste doesn't return?  What about the person who works in a physically demanding profession whose cardiovascular system is compromised by some percentage?  Survival yes, but their careers are probably toast.  Yet, your position does not, in any way take into consideration for these people.  Health initiatives and vaccinations will prevent a number of people who are in the grey areas that your talking point ignores from suffering these after effects.

You say don't judge me as a tinfoil hatter, but this and your previous post are right from the tinfoil hatters club.  

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

This isn't black or white with regards to survival or death.   There are a significant percentage of people who "survive" the virus who have significant after effects.   Those people are not included in that 99.7 talking point.  What about the chef or cook whose smell and taste doesn't return?  What about the person who works in a physically demanding profession whose cardiovascular system is compromised by some percentage?  Survival yes, but their careers are probably toast.  Yet, your position does not, in any way take into consideration for these people.  Health initiatives and vaccinations will prevent a number of people who are in the grey areas that your talking point ignores from suffering these after effects.

You say don't judge me as a tinfoil hatter, but this and your previous post are right from the tinfoil hatters club.  

The often overlooked prequel to Through the Looking Glass and Alice in Wonderland

Just got a letter of a confirmed case at my kids school.  Doesn't mention if it's staff/teacher/student.

Hope it's not the music teacher.  He teaches (in person) music at 8 different schools. :unsure:

Update:  Rumor is that it is a student who hasn't been back to school since Nov 13th. 

Edited by BPA

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

I'm just going to leave this here... watch the entire video before you guys use the conspiracy card. 

This isn't about this super deadly virus with a 99.7 percent survival rate anymore. 

The vid is trash IMO, but I have to admit, I did get a good laugh out of a flat earther YouTube channel hosting a video that kept showing an image of a spinning, spherical Earth behind the cartoon image of the narrator:

5FE583C3-27BF-4399-9C8B-0A7855F0CA53.thumb.png.973a181e1265d970ec90a3a70251a278.png

I mean, come on guys, consistently is important!

Somebody really needs to work on their messaging. :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

you're going to physically force people to take the vaccine who don't want it? Polls show "many" people are going to reject it. 

my guess is we're likely going to have to produce evidence of vaccination for jobs, travel, stores etc etc.  If people don't want to take it, they'll likely find their lives severely restricted, as they should.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, stawns said:

my guess is we're likely going to have to produce evidence of vaccination for jobs, travel, stores etc etc.  If people don't want to take it, they'll likely find their lives severely restricted, as they should.

I’m by no means an anti-Vaxxer but I can’t help but be worried about this one. Specifically because of how quickly it was produced and how little study has been done on side effects/long term effects. I’m sure a lot of people feel the same way and you can’t really blame them. 

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

you're going to physically force people to take the vaccine who don't want it? Polls show "many" people are going to reject it. 

So what you meant to say was that the vaccine will solve the problem but the existence of dumb people will hinder the process.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trebreh said:

Just gonna say it

You're most certainly the type that believes the government couldn't organize a circular love in between men at a happy men convention.  But also believes they're smart enough to organize a massive global conspiracy.

right?

Edited by Warhippy
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Are we not getting an update today?.......waiting....

When the BC gov is now alllowing both my rec ice hockey teams to restart...... we all know how this story goes.... and its not pretty.

Just a crazy non-sensical  set of covid rules in BC....    pointless when the covid rules are done like this.

I would have prefered a 2   week reset now. A pause.   Get covid here  really in control.   Option 2 would be the pauce preceding xmas break of the schools.

So schools off for 4 weeks.

Right now we are going to see an explosion of covid in the schools.....   that is my prediction.   KId transmit covid just like adults.

So many untruths have been spread by our government about covid.  It is really discouraging for those of us that take this virus very seriously and are really trying to limit our behaviours / take all the precautions. 

• Wat 1

14 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

I’m by no means an anti-Vaxxer but I can’t help but be worried about this one. Specifically because of how quickly it was produced and how little study has been done on side effects/long term effects. I’m sure a lot of people feel the same way and you can’t really blame them. 

Why would you worry about it?  There's no conspiracy to turn us into a police state.  This is about public health.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1