The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Not a big surprise I guess, seeing lots of allegations of people (US at this time) paying to jump the queue for vaccinations.  Hoping that our medical system will prevent this, at least for the first few months when the focus should be on the oldest, the front line workers, the most immune compromised.  

2 hours ago, The Lock said:

I guess personally, I don't believe a company should be taking advantage of world crisis in that way. I get that it will happen. I don't have to agree with the ethics of it though unless if the money goes to helping others in need at the same time.

there's always a crisis for someone with a health issue. Also, they didn't create the crisis (that was Bill Gates :P /s). These companies take huge risks in developing new drugs, of course they need to make money. Ethics is a slippery slope particularly when we're working off of individual definitions of it, if we wanted the drug industry to be not for profit you might not get the innovations needed to help people. 

39 minutes ago, skategal said:

Not a big surprise I guess, seeing lots of allegations of people (US at this time) paying to jump the queue for vaccinations.  Hoping that our medical system will prevent this, at least for the first few months when the focus should be on the oldest, the front line workers, the most immune compromised.  

we don't have a legit avenue for this to occur here. There's no one to pay. 

40 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

we don't have a legit avenue for this to occur here. There's no one to pay. 

I guess I'm more cynical than you are.....I won't be surprised at all to hear that some private health care clinic (Copeman?) might get access to vaccine and "arrange" for their extremely well off clientele to obtain vaccinations long before they might otherwise.  Money can accomplish almost anything.  

Finally got the vaccine today...such an overwhelming feeling. This last year has been so difficult, personally and professionally. Feels like I can kind of make out a light at the end of a long tunnel.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Amaneey said:

Finally got the vaccine today...such an overwhelming feeling. This last year has been so difficult, personally and professionally. Feels like I can kind of make out a light at the end of a long tunnel.

If you turn into a zombie can I have your things???

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

If the first shot turns you into a zombie does the second dose then make you a double zombie?

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Of course, don't you know how vaccine's work?

You guys are suckers. The real issue is not the vaccines and tracking people or being zombified. That's a smokescreen. The real issue is the testing. They're taking dna samples of everybody and are cloning people as we speak. The clones will all vote for lefty governments. The people replaced by clones will eventually be turned into soylent red. Don't worry, the soylent red will be pet food.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

You guys are suckers. The real issue is not the vaccines and tracking people or being zombified. That's a smokescreen. The real issue is the testing. They're taking dna samples of everybody and are cloning people as we speak. The clones will all vote for lefty governments. The people replaced by clones will eventually be turned into soylent red. Don't worry, the soylent red will be pet food.

That’s exactly what I wanted for Christmas! 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, skategal said:

I guess I'm more cynical than you are.....I won't be surprised at all to hear that some private health care clinic (Copeman?) might get access to vaccine and "arrange" for their extremely well off clientele to obtain vaccinations long before they might otherwise.  Money can accomplish almost anything.  

people with that kind of money just go to Palm Springs or some other sufficiently boring gated US community and get what they need there. 

• Cheers 2

The US will end up at over 500,000, even if no one else gets covid-ever.

http://www.covid-19canada.com/

8,313,923 active cases multiply by 1.7%  = 141,336+ current dead 360,229 = 501,565

Canada 78,949 active,  mort rate 2.7%= 2,131 plus 15,926 current dead= 18,051.

The US is basically 9 times Canada population. If Canada was the same pop. we would have 162,513 dead.

The US screwed up their response to covid costing 339,000 extra lives.

• Cheers 3

Should mention, I'm not overly happy with Schools being open in B.C., and have removed my self from the call list as a casual custodian; till I get the needle in my arm.

Expecting a big jump in numbers today, hoping not though.

Edited by gurn
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

8,313,923 active cases multiply by 1.7%  = 141,336+ current dead 360,229 = 501,565

The US is basically 9 times Canada population. If Canada was the same pop. we would have 162,513 dead.

But he banned travel from Jina......:unsure:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

But Hunter's laptop & Hillary's emails!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1