The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

40 minutes ago, stawns said:

And this government f***s it up again by choosing to give the vaccine to a group of people who largely have ignored the virus and spread it amongst their communities rather than to.essential workers in this province

I think the thing is that those irresponsible groups pose a threat to the rest of us so it's not about them, it's more about us.

But it does suck.

6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I think the thing is that those irresponsible groups pose a threat to the rest of us so it's not about them, it's more about us.

But it does suck.

I certainly wouldn't reward misbehaviour in my classroom

27 minutes ago, stawns said:

I certainly wouldn't reward misbehaviour in my classroom

But if a student was running around the class with a knife your focus would be there, on stopping the damage at the source.  

Look beyond just "them" to who they will impact if not "contained".

It certainly isn't "fair" but it's understandable.  

10 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

But if a student was running around the class with a knife your focus would be there, on stopping the damage at the source.  

Look beyond just "them" to who they will impact if not "contained".

It certainly isn't "fair" but it's understandable.  

Not really.  Those camp workers should be getting vaccinated before essential workers

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Not really.  Those camp workers should be getting vaccinated before essential workers

I don't necessarily disagree....but I accept the "why's" in it all.

Even if they don't all make perfect sense.

56 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

But it does suck.

I think where we can fairly criticize BCs gov't is in enforcement, I just don't understand why we didn't bring the hammer down much harder on some groups. Literally just put an extra "0" on to the fine amounts and I think you'd see a big adjustment in behaviour. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Warning: stupid amounts of stupidity to come out of a stupid person's mouth - viewer discretion is advised :lol:

Full kudos to the officer's professionalism though.

FFS....just put on the mask.....it won't kill you on the way to Richmond....:picard:

Also, I know she meant it in a different context, but calling the officer a "pig" probably wasn't a good idea either.....

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think where we can fairly criticize BCs gov't is in enforcement, I just don't understand why we didn't bring the hammer down much harder on some groups. Literally just put an extra "0" on to the fine amounts and I think you'd see a big adjustment in behaviour. 

The punishment for murder in Canada can be viewed as severe, yet people still kill people.

I believe this is because some people are stupid, and there isn't much that can be done about that, at least on a short term basis.

Probably find a whole pile of anti vaccers are on social assistance, thus unable to pay any fines anyhow.

19 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I don't necessarily disagree....but I accept the "why's" in it all.

Even if they don't all make perfect sense.

vaccinate those most exposed first, not the ones who expose the most

1 minute ago, gurn said:

The punishment for murder in Canada can be viewed as severe, yet people still kill people.

I believe this is because some people are stupid, and there isn't much that can be done about that, at least on a short term basis.

Probably find a whole pile of anti vaccers are on social assistance, thus unable to pay any fines anyhow.

for sure, big fines aren't a fix all for 100% compliance. But I guarantee it will have an impact if someone making 40k per year gets a $10,000 fine, a lot of people think with their wallets more than their heads or hearts. 

• Vintage 1

40 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

FFS....just put on the mask.....it won't kill you on the way to Richmond....:picard:

Also, I know she meant it in a different context, but calling the officer a "pig" probably wasn't a good idea either.....

Nope, but luckily the officer was calm. I have a friend who knows him - apparently a pretty nice guy. 

There will always be differing views on who get what and when. I don’t agree with all off the UK set up but they nipped this argument in the bud early doors. They published their list of the groups and the priorities back in October/November I think I think it was a good idea as we have debated and now accepted and roll out is happening. Leaving it to statements and updating during roll out is just asking for criticism and poor planning 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Nope, but luckily the officer was calm. I have a friend who knows him - apparently a pretty nice guy. 

He looked Asian as well. I was honestly waiting for her to throw out a racist comment in addition to the rest of the garbage she was spewing....

2 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Most of the Transit Police seem to be the same from my experience. RCMP in Richmond... thats another story.. Probably fortunate she was arrested by him and not the RCMP once she got off. 

Edited by Ronaldoescobar

4 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Warning: stupid amounts of stupidity to come out of a stupid person's mouth - viewer discretion is advised :lol:

Full kudos to the officer's professionalism though.

Interesting.

But what's the point in people getting medically exempt cards from their physicians if they can't be used?

I gather from the officer's remarks that such cards are not valid on transit.  

And, yes, the officer behaved very well when placed in a difficult situation - between a person who believes her medical exemption excuses her from wearing a mask and BC laws that apparently require masks on transit despite such medical exemptions.

32 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Interesting.

But what's the point in people getting medically exempt cards from their physicians if they can't be used?

I gather from the officer's remarks that such cards are not valid on transit.  

And, yes, the officer behaved very well when placed in a difficult situation - between a person who believes her medical exemption excuses her from wearing a mask and BC laws that apparently require masks on transit despite such medical exemptions.

I think it's BS. Many people make one up at home too. If you are legitimately exempt then you probably have conditions that require you to stay home or avoid crowded indoor places during a pandemic. They should not be in places where they can either spread or catch the virus.  It is a not a pass to pee on everyone else.. 

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

If it was so important for her to see her kid, she could have put the mask on to ensure she was able to see her. 

If she’s so medically vulnerable then why park her car in Richmond? Take the car to wherever it was that she was going and then she wouldn’t have to wear the mask. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

If it was so important for her to see her kid, she could have put the mask on to ensure she was able to see her. 

If she’s so medically vulnerable then why park her car in Richmond? Take the car to wherever it was that she was going and then she wouldn’t have to wear the mask. 

No kidding.

It was obviously a BS excuse and for some stupid reason, she decided to go full Karen. I'm sure she expected all her yelling and screaming to garner her sympathy, but I'd be willing to bet that anyone within earshot was thinking "what an idiot".....:picard:

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1