The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Do kids who don’t get the required child vaccines get to attend public schools?  Or are they home schooled?  So there are consequences (not fair to the kids really; it’s not their fault) for refusing required vaccines.  

Yes they do that's how I got whooping cough as a kid, and then I gave it to my parents, it was bad.

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Ontario and New Brunswick are two of the provinces with mandatory vaccinations to attend school. Ontario and NB kids must be vaccinated against measles, diphtheria, tetanus, polio, mumps and rubella. Manitoba has mandatory measles vaccination. In BC it became mandatory for for parents to register the vaccination status of children with the school in 2019. In the event of an outbreak unvaccinated children would not be able to attend school for 21 days.

But they're still allowed to travel correct? 

4 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

But they're still allowed to travel correct? 

And the Covid non vaccinated will be allowed to travel (by their own means) between provinces too.  It’s a passport for accessing businesses, like restaurants and such.  

54 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well if Canada implements something that prevents you from going from province to province without a vaccine then it does, you can disagree all you want but if that ends up happening that's taking away your freedom, you can compare it to buying food all you want but it's not the same. 

Well the charter says you have the right to move freely from province to province if it is for work or to set roots down essentially. Going to Barhead to sniff some sneef and listen to Silverchair albums is not included in that. So unless it retricts that right specifically regarding travel then no rights are lost, Just privileges. Having said that I'm not sure travel is even a part of the proposed passports, pretty sure it isn't.

Edited by EOTM

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And the Covid non vaccinated will be allowed to travel (by their own means) between provinces too.  It’s a passport for accessing businesses, like restaurants and such.  

Well will see, this all new, will be interesting what they implement, I know Manitoba is already doing something like this on their phone for businesses but it's not a passport yet. I feel they will try and implement it for travel but then all provinces need to be on the same page for that to happen obviously.

21 minutes ago, EOTM said:

Well the charter says you have the right to move freely from province to province if it is for work or to set roots down essentially. Going to Barhead to sniff some sneef and listen to Silverchair albums is not included in that. So unless it retricts that right specifically regarding travel then no rights are lost, Just privileges. Having said that I'm not sure travel is even a part of the proposed passports, pretty sure it isn't.

The airlines would be free to set their own standards.  I'd pay a slight premium to an airline that required vaccination over one that didn't.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well will see, this all new, will be interesting what they implement, I know Manitoba is already doing something like this on their phone for businesses but it's not a passport yet. I feel they will try and implement it for travel but then all provinces need to be on the same page for that to happen obviously.

I actually believe Canadians have the right, granted in our charter, to move freely between the Provinces.  Although, that did get altered during the worst of the pandemic for ground travel in some provinces.  People could fly to other Provinces but land travel was restricted.  

• Cheers 1

I actually believe Canadians have the right, granted in our charter, to move freely between the Provinces.  Although, that did get altered during the worst of the pandemic for ground travel in some provinces.  People could fly to other Provinces but land travel was restricted.  

I know it's not being implemented right now, but I can't think once they see other countriea doing it and the numbers of cases keep going up, they will try and implement something here, that's my concern a bit.

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I know it's not being implemented right now, but I can't think once they see other countriea doing it and the numbers of cases keep going up, they will try and implement something here, that's my concern a bit.

Maybe.  I can understand some Provinces being concerned about the non vaccinated getting so ill with Covid they take up a local hospital bed.  

5 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Your concern is my hope.  Keep the Albertans in their hellhole of a province and away from the civilized parts of the country.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe.  I can understand some Provinces being concerned about the non vaccinated getting so ill with Covid they take up a local hospital bed.  

Give them the old Ralph Klein option:  (a free bus ticket back to Alberta).

• Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

"Horse paste"....like wtf??? Jeebus, humanity is doomed.

Our local pet/farm supply store has taken these types of animal treatments off their shelves after some customers asked about them regarding covid...

I agree....wtf.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Our local pet/farm supply store has taken these types of animal treatments off their shelves after some customers asked about them regarding covid...

I agree....wtf.

Holy!  People are so stupid!  Squirt some horse wormer in your mouth, then huff on a bleach soaked paper bag.  Definitely won’t have any Covid getting into me!  :lol:

• Haha 2

Holy!  People are so stupid!  Squirt some horse wormer in your mouth, then huff on a bleach soaked paper bag.  Definitely won’t have any Covid getting into me!  :lol:

And then chug some of your aquarium cleaner to round off the treatment ...that covid will not have a chance....nor will any of your body functions....such as being alive..

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

"Horse paste"....like wtf??? Jeebus, humanity is doomed.

there's a quack in Australia pushing this idea, despite this:

Ivermectin has been shown to inhibit the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in cell cultures.13However, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies suggest that achieving the plasma concentrations necessary for the antiviral efficacy detected in vitro would require administration of doses up to 100-fold higher than those approved for use in humans.14,15

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/therapies/antiviral-therapy/ivermectin/

48 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The airlines would be free to set their own standards.  I'd pay a slight premium to an airline that required vaccination over one that didn't.

And that will likely be what happens. Their industry will need to get back to normal as well and the best way to do that is back what the majority of people want; safety.

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I think we all already know that Jason Kenbabe will do the opposite of what is good.