The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

9 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

There is issues of how vaccine passports will be accepted internationally as there is no national or international standard… 

Vaccine passports are not a new thing. A few posters on here have talked about them.

I think used primarily for travelling reasons. Yellow book.

One at a time anti-vaxxers see the light, often too late.

A 58-year-old anti-vaxxer has died from COVID-19 after claiming he had ‘no more than a normal cold’.

Leslie Lawrenson died at home in Bournemouth on July 2, just nine days after he told his followers that he trusted his immune system and would not go to a hospital for Covid-related illness.

The Cambridge-educated solicitor leaves behind his long-term partner Amanda Mitchell, 56, and his stepchildren. His family are now urging people to get vaccinated and consider hospitalisation if they transmit the virus.

In a video posted to Facebook, Lawrenson said he understood elderly people getting a vaccine, but said he wouldn’t ‘impose’ himself on the NHS. He also detailed why he thought he had COVID-19 and explained why he wanted the virus.

Lawrenson stated:

I’ll gladly take [coronavirus]. Get the antibodies in my blood and also experience that it’s nothing to be afraid of. No more than a normal cold. So I hope I’ve got it. I hope it is Covid. Because I’d rather have the antibodies in my blood than take the jabs.

If my test proves positive with Covid, I’m going to let my immune system ride it out. I’m not going to go to hospital if it gets no worse than this.

Lawrenson’s condition worsened in the following days, and he uploaded a video that talked about his struggles to breathe. Paramedics then checked on him on July 2. Shortly after, Mr Lawrenson sadly died.

His partner Amanda Mitchell said she accepted his reasoning for not getting a vaccine because he was highly educated. Nonetheless, she said that he was wrong and is now encouraging people to get their vaccinations.

Mitchell told BBC News, ‘Les made a terrible mistake and he’s paid the ultimate price for that. I’m trying to stop any other family suffering a loss and the total devastation that we are going through.’

3 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

Yes have you seen what Ontario and Alberta are doing? 

BC, Alberta, Ontario are essentially closely related. 

Are we talking about restrictions and mask mandates? Or passports and stuff? I see Ontario and Alberta said no to passports, but B.C. said anything is possible...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Well unfortunately let's think like Alberta.....

I have $25,000 to spend in 2 weeks and I can't leave the country. I don't like Vancouver because it's a real city....I ain't going East......

BC interior it is. 

If I knew that BC was full of forest fires and smoke, had 25k to spend in 2weeks... I would staycation like a mofo, 2 weeks of super spoiling myself.

But, I may have a hard time thinking like Alberta.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

If I knew that BC was full of forest fires and smoke, had 25k to spend in 2weeks... I would staycation like a mofo, 2 weeks of super spoiling myself.

they're thinking? huh.

The more you try to reason with these people the longer they get to avoid getting the shot. Time to stop engaging, start blocking them. 

• Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Yea I mean I get it but staycations suck if you want trees, mountains, rivers, and temps above 25 degrees.

We are lucky a staycation involves a lot of stuff we take for granted.

Edited by Chris12345

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

they're thinking? huh.

The more you try to reason with these people the longer they get to avoid getting the shot. Time to stop engaging, start blocking them. 

It is a bit sad because you really see the damage a tourism economy can do.

I've always wondered what the net benefit is?

The bar makes money, the fish get diced in the prop.

When it comes to forest fires, so climate change, scientists are now warning of "The Day After Tomorrow" scenario, right here.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/06/world/climate-gulf-stream-collapse-warning-study-intl/index.html

The trigger would likely be the insane ice melt taking place in Greenland right now, here.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/greenland-experienced-massive-ice-melt-this-week-scientists-say-2021-07-30/

Scientist don't know where the tipping point is but if we hit it, look out!!

4 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

It is a bit sad because you really see the damage a tourism economy can do.

I've always wondered what the net benefit is?

The bar makes money, the fish get diced in the prop.

its hard to say no to a buck I guess. 

On one hand you have people that aren't afraid of Covid and call you a sheep for being too careful.  

On the other hand you have people that revel in seeing anti-vaxxers die of Covid.  

Be Safe and be kind

4 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

On one hand you have people that aren't afraid of Covid and call you a sheep for being too careful.  

On the other hand you have people that revel in seeing anti-vaxxers die of Covid.  

Be Safe and be kind

passports will save these people from themselves. Sometimes people get so entrenched in an idea its harmful to themselves and others. 

6 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Be Safe and be kind

I’m not sure I see anyone revelling in anyone’s death, at least I hope not. I think most of us hope that anyone who thinks their immune system is their safety net against Covid will see the risk they are taking for their own health and the health of others. 

Get vaccinated and we don’t need to talk about passports and freedoms. Get vaccinated because it’s the one thing that you can do to help your community. 

The BC Lions/Saskatchewan Roughriders game Tonight in Regina is sold out and could be a super spreader…just read an article that says proof of vaccination and negative COVID test are not required…

last nights game in Winnipeg was sold out and everyone in attendance was required to be fully vaccinated. 

Edited by Mj2345
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Mj2345 said:

The BC Lions/Saskatchewan Roughriders game Tonight in Regina is sold out and could be a super spreader…just read an article that says proof of vaccination and negative COVID test are not required…

last nights game in Winnipeg was sold out and everyone in attendance was required to be fully vaccinated. 

It’s maddening how different the rules are with each province.  

632CB872-5D7E-48B1-BF74-471AE823F818.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

When a passport forces you to have something injected into your body to travel, yes technically it does then strip away your freedom. A shirt or shoe isn't something you put into your body, you could always sit at home and order your food instead with no shirt or shoes on.

It doesn't force anything. Choices have consequences to them. Nobody has to get the vaccine because of a passport just like nobody has to fly because they want to travel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1