The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

41 minutes ago, EOTM said:

Not even close. It's a choice with options you may not like but that doesn't mean it isn't a choice. You people whine an complain but you've just never had to make a tough choice before that you don't want to make. 

Merck is also giving you yet another choice/option. The answer is it's not ethical or moral for them to give that choice the way they are in any system other than capitalism. 

we have a $40 vaccine option that works to keep people out of ICU 99% of the time, and he's seeing conspiracies. Just take the shot. 

• Upvote 2

Vaccine mandates are not even remotely new. What is new is the reaction (or over-reaction) to them. That seems to have snowballed since the now debunked claims of a connection between autism and vaccinations.

Here’s a screenshot of part of the story for those who can’t follow the link.

31CBCD01-C783-4448-BC7A-7731F6CEA101.jpeg

• Vintage 2

9 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Vaccine mandates are not even remotely new. What is new is the reaction (or over-reaction) to them. That seems to have snowballed since the now debunked claims of a connection between autism and vaccinations.

I suspect this won't mean much to the anti-vax/passporters. 

I am getting pretty tired of having to pretend some sort of equivalence on this issue tho. We're now at ~82% of eligible people vaccinated. The remaining ones are not on some sort of equal footing, there isn't a polarization that splits us down the middle. 

We have people who are too entitled/selfish/religious and or frankly just too stupid to see how lucky we are to have such easy access to an affordable vaccine.

Hey here's a $40 solution. Tyranny!! :frantic:

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 2

32 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I am getting pretty tired of having to pretend some sort of equivalence on this issue tho. We're now at ~82% of eligible people vaccinated. The remaining ones are not on some sort of equal footing, there isn't a polarization that splits us down the middle. 

We have people who are too entitled/selfish/religious and or frankly just too stupid to see how lucky we are to have such easy access to an affordable vaccine.

At least we’re on track to hit 90% of all people above age 12 fully vaccinated considering we’re at 89% now who’ve had 1 dose (if they get one they’re almost assuredly going to get the 2nd). The anti-vaxxers are a small minority and are shrinking daily in numbers. They just like to be really loud on the internet to make their following seem bigger. It’s encouraging to see that Canada is also creeping up the vaccine charts as we used to be 20th in the world with more people getting the shot/s.

As of today we’re 12th in the world in 1st doses behind U.A.E., Portugal, Cuba, Malta, Chile, Qatar, Singapore, China, Cambodia, Spain and Uruguay.

We’re 14th in fully vaccinated behind U.A.E., Portugal, Malta, Singapore, Spain, Qatar, Iceland, Denmark, Ireland, Uruguay, Chile, China and Belgium.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

At least we’re on track to hit 90% of all people above age 12 fully vaccinated considering we’re at 89% now who’ve had 1 dose (if they get one they’re almost assuredly going to get the 2nd). The anti-vaxxers are a small minority and are shrinking daily in numbers. They just like to be really loud on the internet to make their following seem bigger. It’s encouraging to see that Canada is also creeping up the vaccine charts as we used to be 20th in the world with more people getting the shot/s.

As of today we’re 12th in the world in 1st doses behind U.A.E., Portugal, Cuba, Malta, Chile, Qatar, Singapore, China, Cambodia, Spain and Uruguay.

We’re 14th in fully vaccinated behind U.A.E., Portugal, Malta, Singapore, Spain, Qatar, Iceland, Denmark, Ireland, Uruguay, Chile, China and Belgium.

90% would be great, thats probably where we will top out unless more passport restrictions are brought in. Have to hope thats good enough to not get new worse variants.

36 minutes ago, JM_ said:

90% would be great, thats probably where we will top out unless more passport restrictions are brought in. Have to hope thats good enough to not get new worse variants.

We’ll get to around 92-93% in the end I’d bet. About 5% of Canadians are hardcore will never ever get the shot regardless of logic, fact, reason or consequences and there’s probably about 2-3% who can’t get it due to being immunocompromised. The other unvaccinated people still have questions or are hesitant and can be convinced to get protected. Given that every day we see the first dose and second dose numbers increase I think we still haven’t hit the ceiling there yet.

91% of kids in Canada are vaccinated against measles and mumps so getting us close to or even over that number despite the deluge of misinformation and disinformation on social media/internet that never occurred for those diseases is pretty damn encouraging. It reflects well on our country, lifestyle and values regardless of our political differences.

Don’t get me wrong there’s still going to be unnecessary deaths, hospitalizations and outbreaks, but I shudder to think about what situation we’d be in if say a quarter of our country said no to the vaccine.

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

You're wrong. Extortion is precisely what it is. There is no option when the option is living on the street, you goof. 

Look you angry little elf you can call it what you want but there is another option even if your tamtruming arse doesn't like it. 

• Cheers 3
  • RoughGame 2

4 hours ago, JM_ said:

we have a $40 vaccine option that works to keep people out of ICU 99% of the time, and he's seeing conspiracies. Just take the shot. 

I think he is an angry little man who can't even handle people disagreeing with him so he has to double down on these theories and go after whatever he can. This is what children do who don't like their choices and everything they've said just keeps making them look more petulant.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Where is Torts now... People just being stupid, for them I hope you get Covid, serves all them right for acting like children...marching into schools, spitting on hospital staff...Like get bent, if that happened to my wife I would go deal with it myself

30 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Where is Torts now... People just being stupid, for them I hope you get Covid, serves all them right for acting like children...marching into schools, spitting on hospital staff...Like get bent, if that happened to my wife I would go deal with it myself

I just had Covid it was like the flu.. double vaxxed and all.

I developed mild respiratory problems and a bleeding nose from one nostril lol with fluid coming from the other.. 

Did the vaccine save me from going to the hospital maybe.. but it is not the end all be all. 

Firing people from their jobs and livelihood because they don’t want to be vaxxed is sick and wrong. 

5 hours ago, JM_ said:

Please leave religion out of this.. 

Vast majority of people in this world are not heathens thank god! 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, EOTM said:

I think he is an angry little man who can't even handle people disagreeing with him so he has to double down on these theories and go after whatever he can. This is what children do who don't like their choices and everything they've said just keeps making them look more petulant.

I think he's a kid who has someone influential in his life thats an anti-vaxxer. I actually feel sorry for him.

• Vintage 1

11 hours ago, drummer4now said:

I developed mild respiratory problems and a bleeding nose from one nostril lol with fluid coming from the other.. 

Did the vaccine save me from going to the hospital maybe.. but it is not the end all be all. 

Firing people from their jobs and livelihood because they don’t want to be vaxxed is sick and wrong. 

why would I leave a major factor out of it? its just a fact, some people are using religion to justify not getting the shot.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, drummer4now said:

Allowing  voluntary unvaxxed people to wander around, risking the lives of those who literally cannot be vaxxed, is the true sick and wrong thing.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2
  • RoughGame 2

How is ensuring people are healthy, and safe, sick and wrong? Wow you got problems dude!

Are you one of those little weenies afraid of the government?

If people want to be self entitled pricks they don't deserve a job. Go live off the land where you aren't killing the rest of our chances, where you're not affecting others, if you don't want to keep everyone safe. So twisted.

And yeah, if the vaccine did save you from death it is the definition of 'end all be all'.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 2

25 minutes ago, gurn said:

Allowing  voluntary unvaxxed people to wander around, risking the lives of those who literally cannot be vaxxed, is the true sick and wrong thing.

it just always keeps coming down to this. The anti-vaxxers don't want to live the consequences of their choices. They're cowards. 

• Thanks 1

"Please leave religion out of this."

Now insult non-religious people by calling them heathens and then put your religious beliefs into at the end.

Way to really make that point.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

I'm feeling like I still have a mild flu. I hardly ever feel sick so I know its something. 

But more, I am grumpy at the testing again.

Took a day to book an appointment for the test.

Was told I had options for results, one was a phone number where I could check on those results within 24-48 hrs.

Once I found that option on the rambling automated service...the cpu voice told me to go sign up for the text msg results and that they wont come until 48hrs. Then said, if I haven't heard after 72hr, to call back to the same number and select the ' I haven't received a call or text' option.

I called back and decided to do that even though it's only been a day with the hope that I could talk to a human. This line said the wait time was 2 mins, I waited for 30mins before I selected a callback option. They called an hour later. I know not to 'shoot the messenger' so I was very polite and explained myself. She was nice enough to check on my test results....theyre still pending.

My gripe should be obvious. I'm going on 3 days off work due to trying to do the right thing. My sister in-law is coming today to stay with us and I have to pick her up.

So, a double vaxxed person trying to do the right thing cant get results for potentially 4 days or more. How on earth will this system stop the spread? where are the resources? I am about to expose myself to the community in one way or another, so I hope obviously that it is just a flu. 

Also, I think I can trace back to a restaurant in Nanaimo when i started to feel sick. It would be good for the area to know as fast as possible. Mid-island isnt doing too well from what I have heard , case wise.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, JM_ said:

like, literally. 

It's like telling someone they have a 50% of killing themselves by doing something and they do it again because it didn't kill them last time. There are some levels of stupid you just can't fix.

10 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

"Please leave religion out of this."

Now insult non-religious people by calling them heathens and then put your religious beliefs into at the end.

Way to really make that point.

Religion is just an ideal people hide behind to justify their own belief that they are more important and valuable than the people they stand beside. That is sickening if anything is.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1