The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

29 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Ummm.....that shows about 1.2 billion non-religious people.....:unsure:

Yeah I apologize I was out to lunch on that one.. I am surprised I didn’t get bashed to bits lol 

I got the one million figure from just thinking about people who post on forums, but even then it would be higher. 

Anyway the majority of non religious are apparently in Asia and the Far East. 

28 minutes ago, JM_ said:

if there was a vaccine to prevent abortion, I bet you'd be pushing for that to be mandatory.

I sure would! 

Also I am not anti vaxx since I have had two doses of it, but I don’t believe in any mandates pressuring people into getting it. 
Especially if their livelihood is at stake. 

Edited by drummer4now

1 hour ago, drummer4now said:

I sure would! 

Also I am not anti vaxx since I have had two doses of it, but I don’t believe in any mandates pressuring people into getting it. 
Especially if their livelihood is at stake. 

So you say you're not anti-vax, yet you support a system that lets people be anti-vax. 

You seem to care more about their jobs than other peoples lives. Not cool from a christian pov. Its been a while since I attended church, but I'm right on that one. 

• Cheers 3

19 hours ago, drummer4now said:

I just had Covid it was like the flu.. double vaxxed and all.

I developed mild respiratory problems and a bleeding nose from one nostril lol with fluid coming from the other.. 

Did the vaccine save me from going to the hospital maybe.. but it is not the end all be all. 

Firing people from their jobs and livelihood because they don’t want to be vaxxed is sick and wrong. 

Please leave religion out of this.. 

Vast majority of people in this world are not heathens thank god! 

I am a heathen and proud of it since I do not believe in God - us heathens have brought a hell of a lot less misery on the world than religions have FYI :) oh yeah I am also a pinko-commie leftie vaccinated heathen for the record :)

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, JM_ said:

So you say you're not anti-vax, yet you support a system that lets people be anti-vax. 

You seem to care more about their jobs than other peoples lives. Not cool from a christian pov. Its been a while since I attended church, but I'm right on that one. 

I support the system that lets people be anti-vax because they have every right to do so.. 

I don’t believe in people being essentially handcuffed or pressured into something they don’t want; regardless of what the science says or societies expectations. 

With the last comment you’re putting words into my mouth.. I never mentioned caring more about people jobs than lives. Only mentioned their livelihoods.

9 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

I am a heathen and proud of it since I do not believe in God - us heathens have brought a hell of a lot less misery on the world than religions have FYI :) oh yeah I am also a pinko-commie leftie vaccinated heathen for the record :)

Good for you… 

You’re like the rest of them like China or North Korea I assume. 

Do you prefer to bow down to the the leader? 

Edited by drummer4now

B.C. COVID-19 pandemic update:

As of Thursday, Oct. 14, 2021, 89.0% (4,123,354) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.9% (3,842,247) have received their second dose.

In addition, 89.4% (3,867,728) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 83.6% (3,615,342) have received their second dose.

B.C. is reporting 580 new cases of COVID-19, including 11 epi-linked cases, for a total of 195,766 cases in the province.

There are 5,348 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 187,985 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 378 individuals are in hospital and 153 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.

Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.

The new/active cases include:

• 246 new cases in Fraser Health
    • Total active cases: 2,449
  • 53 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
    • Total active cases: 708
  • 104 new cases in Interior Health
    • Total active cases: 831
  • 129 new cases in Northern Health
    • Total active cases: 677
  • 48 new cases in Island Health
    • Total active cases: 625
  • No new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
    • Total active cases: 58

In the past 24 hours, nine new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,042.

The new deaths include:

• Vancouver Coastal Health: one
  • Interior Health: five
  • Northern Health: one
  • Island Health: two

There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks, for a total of 19 active outbreaks, including:

long-term care:

• Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum (Fraser Health);
  • Cottonwoods Care Centre, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre (Interior Health); and
  • Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).

acute care:

• Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health);
  • University Hospital of Northern BC (Northern Health); and
  • Tofino General Hospital (Island Health).

assisted or independent living:

• Sunset Manor, Evergreen Manor (Fraser Health); and
  • Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).

From Oct. 6-12, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 66.9% of cases.

From Sept. 29-Oct. 12, they accounted for 75.0% of hospitalizations.

Past week cases (Oct. 6-12) – Total 4,052

• Not vaccinated: 2,441 (60.2%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 270 (6.7%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 1,341 (33.1%)

Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Sept. 29-Oct. 12) – Total 456

• Not vaccinated: 319 (70.0%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 23 (5.0%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 114 (25.0%)

Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 6-12)    

• Not vaccinated: 267.3
  • Partially vaccinated: 76.6
  • Fully vaccinated: 32.0

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 29-Oct. 12)

• Not vaccinated: 51.6
  • Partially vaccinated: 10.3
  • Fully vaccinated: 2.6

Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,008,858 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0061-001979

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

With the last comment you’re putting words into my mouth.. I never mentioned caring more about people jobs than lives. Only mentioned their livelihoods.

what do you think your stance results in? have you thought about it at all?

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, JM_ said:

what do you think your stance results in? have you thought about it at all?

A lot of unvaccinated deaths are from people who are overweight/with some other underlying condition or the elderly.. 

Like your enemy Horgan once said fatalities are part of life… every 30 seconds someone dies from Cardio related deaths in the US. 

Your point? 

I believe in freedom of choice and if someone has a complying reason not to get one leave them alone and respect their decision. As adults they should be able to gage the risks and benefits of getting one. Of course some will not want one for stupid reason like chips or 5g but for the sane ones I believe they have complying reasons. 

Don’t give me that crap I support murder or unwanted deaths. 

Just now, drummer4now said:

A lot of unvaccinated deaths are from people who are overweight/with some other underlying condition or the elderly.. 

Like your enemy Horgan once said fatalities are part of life… every 30 seconds someone dies from Cardio related deaths in the US. 

Your point? 

I believe in freedom of choice and if someone has a complying reason not to get one leave them alone and respect their decision. As adults they should be able to gage the risks and benefits of getting one. Of course some will not want one for stupid reason like chips or 5g but for the sane ones I believe they have complying reasons. 

Honestly, if health is the solution, we're screwed.

No one's going to follow whatever protocols you think would work to get us healthier. It's and extremely unfeasiable solution at this point. In our conversaion before, you even said it wouldn't be easy. Well getting vaccinated is EASY. ;)

• Thanks 1

HEALTH

Northern B.C. COVID restrictions tightened again amid lagging vaccination rates

ZUSSMAN_WEB_2021.jpg?quality=85&strip=al
By Richard Zussman  Global News
Posted October 14, 2021 1:55 pm
 Updated October 14, 2021 5:10 pm
Click to play video: 'New COVID-19 rules announced Thursday for B.C.’s northern region'

Provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry outlines new restrictions for the northern health region in an attempt to stop the rapid spread of COVID-19 through those who are unvaccinated.

Pubs and nightclubs could be closed early, house parties limited and religious gatherings moved back to virtual in an attempt to manage COVID-19 cases in Northern B.C.

70c8fc80

B.C. Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry outlined the new measures for the Northern Health region on Thursday. The communities of Kitimat, Terrace, Haida Gwaii, Stikine, Nisg̱a’a, Telegraph, and Prince Rupert are exempt from the new orders due to high levels of immunization.

As part of the new measures, proof of full immunization will be required for any activity inside or outside, Henry said.

All indoor and outdoor organized events will require a safety plan, and everyone is to wear masks and show proof of full immunization with their vaccine card.

The new restrictions include stopping all liquor sales after 10 p.m.

Pubs and nightclubs can remain open if they have food service, however, establishments with no food service will now be closed.

Restaurants can continue indoor dining with proof of vaccination.

Click to play video: 'Situation in northern B.C. expected to be addressed at COVID-19 briefing'Situation in northern B.C. expected to be addressed at COVID-19 briefing

Situation in northern B.C. expected to be addressed at COVID-19 briefing

Previously announced regional restrictions in Northern Health will also remain in place.

This includes restricting personal indoor gatherings to one additional family or five guests.

Personal gatherings outside of the home are restricted to up to a maximum of 50 people.

All indoor fitness classes and gym facilities can proceed at normal capacity with proof of immunization against COVID-19.

Sporting events will continue at 50 per cent capacity but a vaccine card must be used and masks will be required.

Click to play video: '55 ICU patients have now been transferred out of Northern Health as COVID crisis worsens'55 ICU patients have now been transferred out of Northern Health as COVID crisis worsens

55 ICU patients have now been transferred out of Northern Health as COVID crisis worsens

As of Wednesday, there were 87 people in Northern Health in hospital with ongoing COVID-19 symptoms. There are 19 people in ICU in the region with COVID symptoms.

On Thursday, the province announced 58 people have been transferred from Northern Health ICU to Metro Vancouver and Vancouver Island.

“All of them, very ill,” B.C.’s Health Minister Adrian Dix said.

“We are doing everything we can to support the north and we will continue doing that.”

One person in their 20s also died from COVID-19 in the region, Henry said Thursday.

“We need to take additional actions,” she said.

Vaccination rates in Northern Health continue to lag behind other regions in the province. The region has struggled to keep up with COVID-19 testing due to high demand.

“The time for coddling and excuses is over,” Dawson Creek City Councillor Jerimy Earl tweeted on Thursday.

“The sound of an airplane leaving our airport has become a source of dread for many, as it symbolizes another citizen who may not be coming home. It doesn’t have to be this way.”

© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8266261/b-c-health-officials-set-to-announce-further-restrictions-for-northern-health/

40 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

Your point? 

There's so much wrong with this.

First I'd like to ask:  what is"complying reasons"?

Also....people who die of cardio related death aren't subjecting others to unnecessary risk.  Their cardio death impacts...them.  COVID impacts all of us.

And care to put up some data about the unvaxed being overweight, etc.?  You can't make stuff up around here.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, drummer4now said:

I support the system that lets people be anti-vax because they have every right to do so.. 

I don’t believe in people being essentially handcuffed or pressured into something they don’t want; regardless of what the science says or societies expectations. 

Good for you… 

You’re like the rest of them like China or North Korea I assume. 

Do you prefer to bow down to the the leader? 

So what about people who don't want to take a cab when they're drunk and they decide they want to drive?  OK with you?

Rights only extend so far.  And sure...stay home and exercise your right to do whatever you want but when you venture out into public, that changes.

People are free to make a choice in this.  But there are restrictions to that freedom once they leave  home.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, drummer4now said:

Anyway please get the voluntary vaccine so you don’t get fired from your job. Ridiculous that people have allowed this sort of thing to happen. 

Let's get one thing straight here....the people "allowing this to happen" are the ones who aren't doing what it takes to contain this thing.  

1 hour ago, drummer4now said:

Your point? 

Don’t be juvenile.  A life’s value isn’t less than yours or anyone else’s because of age or health.  Get vaccinated.

drummer4now, I'm beginning to wonder if you are in fact vaccinated. You've been on this board yakking the same nonsense over and over again, and all the while going through everything from rights, to losing jobs, to science, to religion, I don't get it, or you. Quit ^*$&ing trolling, and go get vaccinated so we all can get on with our lives. 20 and 30 year old people are now dying from this virus, but not according to you, it was like the flu.

• Wat 1

36 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

There's so much wrong with this.

First I'd like to ask:  what is"complying reasons"?

Also....people who die of cardio related death aren't subjecting others to unnecessary risk.  Their cardio death impacts...them.  COVID impacts all of us.

And care to put up some data about the unvaxed being overweight, etc.?  You can't make stuff up around here.

Complying reasons being religion or faith, health reasons, personal judgement, or just plain don’t want it… 

Non complying reasons being 5g or chips and conscripracy theories etc..

32 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

So what about people who don't want to take a cab when they're drunk and they decide they want to drive?  OK with you?

Rights only extend so far.  And sure...stay home and exercise your right to do whatever you want but when you venture out into public, that changes.

People are free to make a choice in this.  But there are restrictions to that freedom once they leave  home.

Please refrain from strawman arguments you know the answer to the cab question…  not acceptable to drink and drive. 

I agree with rights extend so far so why cant vaccinated people stay at home if they fear Covid so much aren’t they better immune to it?

drummer4now, I'm beginning to wonder if you are in fact vaccinated. You've been on this board yakking the same nonsense over and over again, and all the while going through everything from rights, to losing jobs, to science, to religion, I don't get it, or you. Quit ^*$&ing trolling, and go get vaccinated so we all can get on with our lives. 20 and 30 year old people are now dying from this virus, but not according to you, it was like the flu.

I will happily post my card.. if you want like I did with the education. 

Edited by drummer4now