The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

On 10/15/2021 at 2:41 PM, drummer4now said:

What does drinking and driving and vaccines have to do with anything? Drinking and driving is an punishable offence; whereas not getting the vaccine is not… 

Why don’t you people understand it is a voluntary to get one.. screw the social norms. 

As of yet it is not illegal to be unvaccinated and I don’t understand how you can discriminate against them. 

Also a person should not be held liable for being unvaccinated and unknowingly spreading the virus; it is not their fault someone’s immune system is compromised or weak. 

Based on all your logic we should sue the fast food industry for giving people premature heart disease.. when it is the consumers fault. Same goes with CoVid if you feel unsafe or vulnerable stay in doors.. in instead of making others feel guilty or screwing others over. 

I challenge you to see the flip side of this argument.. 

Both drinking and driving and not getting vaccinated potentially kill others along with potentially killing yourself. The very fact that you need to question this honestly makes me wonder how in your own world you must be to not realise this. It doesn't matter if one is punishable and the other isn't when they both literally kill people in both cases. If anything, by your logic, not getting vaccinated should then BE a punishable offense if we really want to go down the path you are going with this.

Screw the social norms? How about screw the people who don't give a **** about the lives of others and putting "going against the social norms and the government above people's abilities to even live". Seriously, I've been trying to be reasonable with you in all of this, but if you want to completely lose my respect, you're starting to actually do just that with with this whole pretending not to realise how drinking and driving and not getting vaccinated are similar. This isn't you not getting it. This is you ignoring it because you don't believe people should have to get vaccinated.

What challange do you have? For me to be for killing people? No thanks. I'm not a sadist. I've thought long and hard on this and I firmly believe the only people who should not get vaccinated are the people who would literally die from getting the vaccine. Everyone else not getting vaccinated is being selfish and reckless in my opinion.

Edited by The Lock
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

Technically driving sober also increases your chances of killing someone as opposed to just walking or riding your bicycle.  

Hey why is this topic still pinned, you guys haven't had enough discussion after 1816x20= 36,320 posts?  Just wondering, carry on ;) 

2 hours ago, johngould21 said:

I just spoke to my cousin who lives in Red Deer Alta., a cancer survivor, and double vaccinated. She spent 16 days in hospital, not intubated though, however, medical staff asked her what her wishes were in case. An entire surgical ward in the Red Deer hospital was being used for Covid patients. GET VACCINATED!

Lots of places are getting inundated with Covid patients, my friend that's a nurse told me a similar story on the Island and we heard about the Northeastern BC as well.  

Saw some ad campaigns for hiring more nurses, probably put on by the nursing union.  Tough to argue with that, especially now.  

This should still be pinned so long as there's a pandemic.

Once there is not a pandemic then I'd agree that this shouldn't be pinned anymore, but this relies heavily on people getting vaccinated otherwise this pandemic will be prolongated.

I realise some of you people who don't believe in this discussion would be against this, but that shouldn't matter as clearly people are still dying from this pandemic. Sorry for putting the lives of others above unpinning a topic on a discussion board?

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 2

On 10/15/2021 at 11:32 PM, JM_ said:

I don't think you understand what your position means.

Lets try it this way. Do you think its OK for an un-vaccinated person to work in a long term care facility?

they are if you read the BC health issue for care homes.  full time employees do not have to be jabbed.  only outside third party caregivers.  How many are in fact unjabbed - who knows, but again read the health act on care homes.  they must under go regular testing if not jabbed.  

• Thanks 1

Anyway, I've had enough of people not taking this pandemic seriously and prolonging this whole thing as a result. It gets a little much when you see death all around you while also seeing people acting like they're above everyone else.

To anyone wondering why they get so much backlash about their views, just look at the death that's happened rather than pretending this whole thing is nothing.

• Vintage 2

31 minutes ago, samurai said:

they are if you read the BC health issue for care homes.  full time employees do not have to be jabbed.  only outside third party caregivers.  How many are in fact unjabbed - who knows, but again read the health act on care homes.  they must under go regular testing if not jabbed.  

Do you have a link for this? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, samurai said:

thats old info samurai. All workers have to be vaccinated by Oct 12th  (Don't get too exicted @drummer4now)

• A new provincial health officer (PHO) order will:
    • require employers to provide information collected from all staff in long-term care and seniors assisted living facilities to the PHO, to allow public health to confirm vaccination status of staff.
    • until Oct. 12, require all unvaccinated staff to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and be tested regularly for COVID-19.
  • All staff will be required to be vaccinated by Oct. 12.
  • Volunteers and personal service providers entering long-term care settings must be fully vaccinated.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0150-001598

Edited by JM_
  • Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, JM_ said:

thats old info saumurai. All workers have to be vaccinated by Oct 12th  (Don't get too exicted @drummer4now)

• A new provincial health officer (PHO) order will:
    • require employers to provide information collected from all staff in long-term care and seniors assisted living facilities to the PHO, to allow public health to confirm vaccination status of staff.
    • until Oct. 12, require all unvaccinated staff to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and be tested regularly for COVID-19.
  • All staff will be required to be vaccinated by Oct. 12.
  • Volunteers and personal service providers entering long-term care settings must be fully vaccinated.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0150-001598

u are quoting from a 'news release'.  Can you show me clearly in the most recent 'order' or previous ones that show that full time employees need to be jabbed.  The 27th and 6th do not contain such info.   The news release you mention says 'will'.   Much of this is a mute point considering the % of healthcare workers that are jabbed.  But the gov't when it first made the order did not publicly say full employees didn't need to be jabbed but if you read the first act  these employees only had to test and disclose. Third parties had to be.  I would like to see where it says now need to be jabbed - I cannot find it, and don't think it exists?  

2 hours ago, samurai said:

u are quoting from a 'news release'.  Can you show me clearly in the most recent 'order' or previous ones that show that full time employees need to be jabbed.  The 27th and 6th do not contain such info.   The news release you mention says 'will'.   Much of this is a mute point considering the % of healthcare workers that are jabbed.  But the gov't when it first made the order did not publicly say full employees didn't need to be jabbed but if you read the first act  these employees only had to test and disclose. Third parties had to be.  I would like to see where it says now need to be jabbed - I cannot find it, and don't think it exists?  

that " news release"was from the provincial govt, no the weekly world news

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, samurai said:

here you go: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus

3rd main bullet - Oct 8th order

Edited by JM_
  • Upvote 2

A whole lot of dirty pool going on in Florida, thanks Darth DeSantis.  Some of the worst Covid data reporting in the US.  But, both parties right?

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2021/10/17/for-105-days-covids-death-toll-in-florida-counties-went-missing/

For 105 days, COVID’s death toll in Florida counties went missing

The state and federal government could have shared the death toll in each county with the public, but didn’t.

100%.  No jab by choice, no visit.  Very few would qualify for an exemption.  

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/growing-number-of-canadian-hospitals-to-require-visitors-to-show-proof-of-covid-19-vaccination-for-entry-1.5626954

Growing number of Canadian hospitals to require visitors to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination for entry

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1