The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

7 minutes ago, kurtis said:

My wife just came to me crying showing me tickets she had bought for Bryan Adams New years event surprise for us and my mother in law. Now it's been officially canceled. I hate smooth brain anti vaxxers with a passion. Oh and she works in health care and deals daily with the unvaccinated.

Son, the population here is predominately vaccinated people. If you're gonna blame someone, at least blame them this time. Or, you know, Bonnie and Dix for effectively canceling your concert

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

No, we don't need to listen to a quack who has been spreading misinformation.

One of the main things you need to know about that quack is his membership in the The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS).  Sounds legit, but the moment you did a search on them, you find out otherwise.

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is a politically conservative non-profit association that promotes medical misinformation, such as HIV/AIDS denialism, the abortion-breast cancer hypothesis, vaccine and autism connections, and homosexuality reducing life expectancy. The association was founded in 1943 to oppose a government attempt to nationalize health care. The group has included notable members, including American Republican politicians Ron Paul, Rand Paul and Tom Price.

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 2

12 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Son, the population here is predominately vaccinated people. If you're gonna blame someone, at least blame them this time. Or, you know, Bonnie and Dix for effectively canceling your concert

good point :unsure:

8 minutes ago, Joe_Kerr said:

You people really need to listen to Dr Peter A McCoullough on Joe Rogan #1747. The amount  of incompetence going on in the world right now is staggering

Got any Coles notes?

I heard about that interview just yesterday.

He's a cardiologist that gets published a lot but also gets debunked a lot regarding covid

17 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

No, we don't need to listen to a quack who has been spreading misinformation.

I'm recently fully vaccinated can you explain why I'm facing restrictions according to the "science"?  

Edited by bolt
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

HE pushed  hydroxychloroquine hard among other BS.

Man,

I'm close with a Joe Rogan fan.

I know of Joe very well as I have been watching MMA since the beginning. I liked Joe's early comedy specials and his DMT doc was great. He should be applauded for his selection of guests as they are so diverse. I like a bit of science so I have enjoyed the Michio Kaku and Brain Cox episodes. 

But what has he become? He has lost a lot of respect in the mma world due to his politicking. He's not the moron he claims to be, he's thirsty...all he sees is dollars. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Got any Coles notes?

I heard about that interview just yesterday.

He's a cardiologist that gets published a lot but also gets debunked a lot regarding covid

He's an advocate of Hydroxychloroquine....that should tell you all you need to know....

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, bolt said:

I'm recently fully vaccinated can you explain why I'm facing restrictions according to the "science"?  

Because we don't have enough data about the new variant to accurately determine risk, and it's better to err on the side of caution until we have the necessary information.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, bolt said:

I'm recently fully vaccinated can you explain why I'm facing restrictions according to the science?  

Well, we still have hundreds of thousands of people who are unvaccinated, many by choice.  

We have a variant that is much more contagious than the previous variants.

We do not know enough about this variant to claim that it is not a big deal.

Our healthcare system is being taxed to the limit with this pandemic.

Public health measures reduce the transmission of a contagious virus and thus, reduces the number of people who may need to go to the hospital.

Vaccines provide your body with the tools to fight off infections.  They are not a magical force field that prevents you from getting infected when exposed to a virus

Does that clear it up for you.

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

thats ridiculous. Check the hospital stats, son, and see who's clogging up the system. 

Just now, Tortorella's Rant said:

They're shutting things down because of the cases, not hospitalizations when the whole point was to reduce hospitalizations which has been achieved. 

where do you think the overload in hospitalizations comes from?

@Petey Castiglione  I'm happy that your friend has made it through.  On the topic of understanding the frustration with lockdowns, I don't know if we can all say that we understand it.  People that live alone are in a much different place mentally when it comes to lockdowns as opposed to those that live with their significant other, family, or roommates.  The same goes for lonely seniors who often depend on daily social interactions with strangers when they're out shopping or dining or going swimming and what have you.  I hate to pull anecdotal evidence here but this two year shutdown has destroyed my old father's social life and I really think that his mind has started going south because of it.  

I just want further lockdowns to be warranted based on science, not based on public perception.  Omicron is the latest variant, and one of many to come.  Let's figure out the severity of the health risks and the strain that it may put on our health care system compared to the previous iterations.  I'm not suggesting that we disregard the health risks, but we can't bury our heads in the sand and ignore the negative outcomes that come from depression, mental health, substance abuse, etc. 

I wish you all safe holidays.  I strongly believe that we will see effects of Covid subside by the end of the 2022 spring and hopefully have a normal summer.