The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That is scary.  How quickly this can get out of hand.  We're going down a dangerous slope.  Please take this seriously everyone.  Every measure to reduce the risk in this Province and Country including closing borders is vital to flattening the curve.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Perhaps because, the last time I looked Washington had the highest counts of confirmed cases of any US state. It's exploding there more than any other state in the US. Even more than New York or California. 

The odds someone coming through/from Washington have come in to contact with someone with the virus are higher than anywhere else in North America. Freely letting a higher risk population across our border, increases our risk and exposure.

That said, I doubt many people are even traveling right now but still, that they're still freely able to is a bit boggling. 

Anecdotal, but I bumped into a group of Americans at Save On and at Safeway over the last few days. Don't know why they were here, but they were definitely American. They had the tell-tale give-a-ways like, "I don't know what that's like in Canada" (said in a Washington drawl), or, "we may be up here awhile" in stereotypical American clothes and the same accent.  

If you're going to be on lockdown, and at risk of getting sick, why not go somewhere that your money goes 40% further!?  

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Perhaps because, the last time I looked Washington had the highest counts of confirmed cases of any US state. It's exploding there more than any other state in the US. Even more than New York or California. 

The odds someone coming through/from Washington have come in to contact with someone with the virus are higher than anywhere else in North America. Freely letting a higher risk population across our border, increases our risk and exposure.

That said, I doubt many people are even traveling right now but still, that they're still freely able to is a bit boggling. 

83 new cases as of today seems to speak to that point.

• Cheers 4

13 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

High school? Because I was there a decade ago and they were still wasting your time with sine and cosine like anybody cares. 

Yeah, you gotta fail grade 10 math before they put you in essentials and teach you useful stuff...

58 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I would go back and review the economics of a lemonade stand if you think ‘the financial system’ is based on nothing. Seriously?

lol. I have a commerce degree and understand the mechanics behind the financial system. It used to be based on something real - gold. That changed a long time ago.

10 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Anecdotal, but I bumped into a group of Americans at Save On and at Safeway over the last few days. Don't know why they were here, but they were definitely American. They had the tell-tale give-a-ways like, "I don't know what that's like in Canada" (said in a Washington drawl), or, "we may be up here awhile" in stereotypical American clothes and the same accent.  

If you're going to be on lockdown, and at risk of getting sick, why not go somewhere that your money goes 40% further!?  

Ed Hardys?

2 minutes ago, Green Building said:

EI will get you, you'll just need to do some paperwork. I don't think I'll be getting anything as a student though.

Yup, looking forward to spending some time with my wife and kids and hopefully get out for some bike rides and lose some of this 'hibernation weight'.

• Cheers 2

They shut everything else down except for Sky train's and bus's, Which more people use for to get around , Isn't that a high priority? More germs are on public transit then restaurants and pubs..at least the waitresses come around after your seating and wipe it down.

How about shut everything down for 2 weeks and let's solve this sh!t.

Edited by nux4lyfe
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2