The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

15 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

RDT_20220106_1143112480155660010816657.jpg

Adult antivaxxers are cowards.  Refuse vaccines, because of freedumb, and even protest outside hospitals and are abusive to healthcare workers.  But they get sick from Covid, and they come running to hospitals for treatment.  Cowards, who behave like spoiled children.  No vaccine card; no treatment for Covid.   

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Should be able to build that into the system easily enough.

Give vaccine choice the same legal weight as a DNR or medical advanced directive. We don't question whether or not someone is a Fox News viewer based on the content of their legal directions. We just follow it.

Being anti-vax is an informed choice. So lets triage our care fairly, and not have people suffer due to others choice .

Edited by JM_
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

2 hours ago, JM_ said:

not sure why you think there isn't any backing? all of the rationale is in the provincial health orders. E.g: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/covid-19/covid-19-pho-order-gatherings-events.pdf

For a couple of posters on here,

I think it comes down to either:

1.  Just being a Troll

2. Lack of Common Sense and or Critical Thinking Skills

Either way its just Verbal Diarrhea that we should all ignore

• Vintage 3

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Adult antivaxxers are cowards.  Refuse vaccines, because of freedumb, and even protest outside hospitals and are abusive to healthcare workers.  But they get sick from Covid, and they come running to hospitals for treatment.  Cowards, who behave like spoiled children.  No vaccine card; no treatment for Covid.   

Noone should ever think anti-vaxxers are reasonable.   Case in point:

RDT_20220105_1108594735644644908618221.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

One could wish, but I don't think this research will pan out in time for that.  

I don't know if I interpreted it right but in the interview with his dad I thought he said the 8 month mark is where they start feeling better and that he was symptom free/feeling better but had to wait on blood tests showing certain (normal) results before he could attempt any training or increased activity. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/brandon-sutters-ongoing-covid-battle-different-uncle-darryls/

So you never know but obviously health is #1 priority.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, stawns said:

wtf are those things?

I gotta find out.   They are human obviously. 

22 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

That's a rabbit hole that even I'm hesitant to go down.

Dammit.  I’m going in. 

edit:

They claim to have NO plastic surgery.  Hahahah

There was a picture of them younger.

They still looked like horrifying goblins, but not quiet as wild as now.  (Not now as  in dead and goblin looking)

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

I gotta find out.   They are human obviously. 

Dammit.  I’m going in. 

edit:

They claim to have NO plastic surgery.  Hahahah

There was a picture of them younger.

They still looked like horrifying goblins, but not quiet as wild as now.  (Not now as  in dead and goblin looking)

Could have all been done with Botox and fillers.  So no surgery but lots of poorly done injections.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Could have all been done with Botox and fillers.  So no surgery but lots of poorly done injections.

So they're ok with injecting Botox, which is an abbreviation of Botulinum toxin, but a covid vaccine is too weird for them?  That's priceless.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, JM_ said:

what? by what standards? metrics? 

The metrics is "covid19 health policy measures".  This guy is a world expert in airborne transmission. BCCDC is currently #2 worst offender behind the Netherlands.

You could say she did a good job and the death rates are low. You could also say the health policy is very poor and not based in science and probably would have saved more lives done differently. See whichever angle you want to see. The rest of the world regularly mocks our PHO decisions because the provinces head scientist doesn't listen to science.

Just the other day, she was asked about the test kits in the warehouse, calling it an "urban myth" they existed. The news reporter followed up, and indeed there is 1.3M test kits in a warehouse. So on top of bad policy we are also getting lies. And no, we didn't need to save the test kits, there's 14M more on the way this month. Plus, the kits also have an expiry date.

Even the WHO admits covid is airborne, so why do we have to take off our N95 mask in the hospital and replace it with a surgical mask. It's lunacy, it's obvious, and none of the trained peer scientists are supporting such policy. And that's just one policy... the list is pretty long.