The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

9 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

I'm guessing they back off of this one quietly.

well thats interesting. Quebec is pretty darn crafty, I don't think Legault says this if he doesn't think he can pull it off. 

I'd love to see this across the rest of the country, it might just get the majority of anti-vax to the clinic. 

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He's not wrong.  Bring back the MSP for the antivaxxers here.  For people who love to use the smoking comparison, look at how heavily tobacco is taxed.

I'd be fine with this kind of thing for higher risk activities. We go to the backcountry, and I'd be just fine with paying to help cover any accident or search and rescue costs. 

Quebec has had enough. News reporting that anyone not vaxxed without an approved exemption will be paying significantly more medical fees.. details not provided on how that rolls out ( upfront increase or only if.they seek medical aide )

But it's clear that across Canada patients with unvaxxed by choice has run out and id suspect more chabges canada wide in short order

Ctv reporting record hospitalizations in Quebec and Ontario and over 60.deaths in Quebec alone 

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, iwtl said:

Quebec has had enough. News reporting that anyone not vaxxed without an approved exemption will be paying significantly more medical fees.. details not provided on how that rolls out ( upfront increase or only if.they seek medical aide )

But it's clear that across Canada patients with unvaxxed by choice has run out and id suspect more chabges canada wide in short order

Ctv reporting record hospitalizations in Quebec and Ontario and over 60.deaths in Quebec alone 

Ontario over 3000 hospitalizations, a record for the pandemic, was around 220 3 weeks ago.  

80 people added to ICU yesterday, a record for the pandemic.

54% less likely to get you sick...

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Ontario over 3000 hospitalizations, a record for the pandemic, was around 220 3 weeks ago.  

80 people added to ICU yesterday, a record for the pandemic.

54% less likely to get you sick...

83 % of Ontario is vaccinated and they make up 76% of the hospitalizations today. 

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data/hospitalizations

https://covid19tracker.ca/provincevac.html?p=ON

Edited by Gatzkek

1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

This from Global News BC last night. Note that this little girl has already lost one kidney to this disease. Her “non-urgent” surgery has been cancelled.

Please don’t anyone try to tell me that an anti-vaxxer is more important.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8502090/bc-girl-surgery-delayed-pandemic/

Jesus, hang the anti-vaxxers from a tree so she can have her surgery.

40 minutes ago, JM_ said:

well thats interesting. Quebec is pretty darn crafty, I don't think Legault says this if he doesn't think he can pull it off. 

I'd love to see this across the rest of the country, it might just get the majority of anti-vax to the clinic. 

And further prove what a bunch of hypocrite sham artists they really are. Hit them in the wallet like anything else and they'll fall in line like the good sheep they are.

5 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

Jesus, hang the anti-vaxxers from a tree so she can have her surgery.

No, just boot them out of the hospital, until all the other important medical stuff is done; for those that cared enough to do what is right for the greater good.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

No, just boot them out of the hospital, until all the other important medical stuff is done; for those that cared enough to do what is right for the greater good.

They love doing their own research anyway, wouldn't want to force them to take any of the experimental treatments used in the hospital.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Gatzkek said:

77 % of Ontario is vaccinated and they make up 76% of the hospitalizations today. 

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data/hospitalizations

https://covid19tracker.ca/provincevac.html?p=ON

You know how ratios work?  Or?

So, 77.45 of all people from Ontario are fully vaccinated.  1735 fully pr partially vaccinated people are in the hospital with covid related symptoms.  leaving /13 of that or 552 unvaccinated people being unvaccinated in the hospital.  Further more, 172 people fully or partially vaccinated are in Ontario ICU beds and 138 unvaccinated are in there.

Meaning, that over 1/3 of ALL hospitalized cases come from less than 23% of the population.

Do you know why these ratios matter?

1159705739_ScreenShot2022-01-11at12_18_59PM.thumb.png.b24130cda52ca2c72d989bda9654bfe0.png

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You know how ratios work?  Or?

So, 77.45 of all people from Ontario are fully vaccinated.  1735 fully pr partially vaccinated people are in the hospital with covid related symptoms.  leaving /13 of that or 552 unvaccinated people being unvaccinated in the hospital.  Further more, 172 people fully or partially vaccinated are in Ontario ICU beds and 138 unvaccinated are in there.

Meaning, that over 1/3 of ALL hospitalized cases come from less than 23% of the population.

Do you know why these ratios matter?

1159705739_ScreenShot2022-01-11at12_18_59PM.thumb.png.b24130cda52ca2c72d989bda9654bfe0.png

With the ICU included 26.5% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated people. Only 17% of the population are unvaccinated. You are correct to point this out.

Edited by Gatzkek

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

He's not wrong.  Bring back the MSP for the antivaxxers here.  For people who love to use the smoking comparison, look at how heavily tobacco is taxed.

Private insurance like travel, life, etc has always cost more for smokers so it’s not like there isn’t already a precedent for it. 

Oh, Canada.

The cheers and applause as we sink deeper and deeper is the truly troubling part.  There was scene like this in one of the Star Wars movies I seen when I was a younger man, right now it keeps playing in my head.  

I realize this comment will be picked apart and laid bare, that is fine.  Still won't change the darker tone that our once great country has taken on over the last couple years.  I fear for what the future will look like for my daughter and her generation.  

4 minutes ago, Industrious1 said:

Oh, Canada.

The cheers and applause as we sink deeper and deeper is the truly troubling part.  There was scene like this in one of the Star Wars movies I seen when I was a younger man, right now it keeps playing in my head.  

I realize this comment will be picked apart and laid bare, that is fine.  Still won't change the darker tone that our once great country has taken on over the last couple years.  I fear for what the future will look like for my daughter and her generation.  

Darker tone? How so? Are you talking about Covid or Climate change? Or just the anti vaccination whine. 

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Gatzkek said:

With the ICU included 26.5% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated people. Only 17% of the population are unvaccinated. You are correct to point this out.

It's a pretty damning distinction when it is weighed against the majority being vaccinated and that's inarguable.