The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

6 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

"You will most likely be fine" And what exactly are your medical credentials?? People not in the oft-touted age range have been dying in Italy. Doctors there are having to turn elderly patients away which is basically a death sentence for them. And why is that? Because the hospital is overwhelmed and not enough equipment. Younger folk are getting this virus and ending up on ventilators. Do you want to be the one who has to make that decision for someone? What happens when the hospital staff starts getting sick or burned out...who cares for patients then? Do they just close the hospitals? You are one of those folks who will be passing it on to folks who cannot fight it off by your reckless attitude. Holy $&!#, this is not a trivial thing... Perhaps if you or someone you love gets it your attitude towards it might improve.

Would you rather the media said nothing?? And we could all be surprised when people just start dying around us? The ignorance is astounding.

Instead of watching government corrupt news how about go watch some videos of actual people with coronavirus talking about it. Or you can just continue to panic. I'm not gunna lose sleep over it

The media didnt say nothing and that's why it's at this point. BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT OF CHINA SUPRESSED IT. Now people know and yall are acting like it's the black plague. Of course I wouldnt want to catch it. If you read I said to wash your hands and try not to get it. Just because you dont like my opinion dont you dare try to attack my character. I get a common cold I stay home from work and try my best not to get others sick

MY POINT IS YALL ARE PANICING OVER A BAD BUT NOT THAT BAD OF A VIRUS. 100% it will be forgotten about in 6 months

When is WW3 starting? :bigblush:

Edited by Brock Botanen
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Bertorama said:

I work with and live with medical professionals and we are all have the same opinion. These are the people who work in our hospitals care homes and clinics. We all agree on the same thing there is an over reaction going on here we haven’t seen before. This is my last post on this thread I’m going to stick with hockey I couldn’t help but share my opinion for a quick second I all ready regret it. Until the next game we get to chat sports and our Canucks with you all hopefully sooner rather then later. Cheers

My friend many of us have family connections  in health care. I have hundreds of doctor clients.  Your opinion is not representative.

Further 18 percent of elderly patients so far who have contracted tbe virus have died.

As a compassionate member of the the health care profession surely you care about reducing the spread by washing hands and avoiding big groups in order to protect those at risk.

All health care professionals I know care about this. Please rethink your desire to downplay the reality. It can hurt people. Suggesting that people wash hands and avoid groups is good common sense advice.  Easy to do.

• Hydration 3
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Instead of watching government corrupt news how about go watch some videos of actual people with coronavirus talking about it. Or you can just continue to panic. I'm not gunna lose sleep over it

youtube fashion GIF\

yeah, what do actual experts know anyway?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

well, people have provided actual credible articles here stating otherwise, can you do the same please?  The NBA postponed it's season tonight and thre NHL may very well follow suit tomorrow.  Do you think they would forgo billions of dollars in revenue over something that's "no worse than the flu or cold"?  Is that what you seriously think.  It is also not just an old persons virus, Italy is being overwhelmed by serious infections of people in all age groups

Social media done that. Did they cancel for the SARS outbreak or the H1N1? No because people wernt so soft

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

18 percent death rate for elderly patients. My friend the precautions of washing your hands and avoiding big groups are to save them not you. 

You don't need to lose sleep just use common sense to help save lives. Thx.

Common sense yes I 100% agree. My point is this coronavirus isnt that bad compared to almost any other virus outbreak in recent memory. People are over panicking imo that's all I'm saying

Of course you should wash your hands and use common sense. Not 1 time did I say you shouldnt. You shouldnt go around elderly people with a common cold either, not just the coronavirus 

Edited by Brock Botanen

22 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Amazon sells toilet paper 

Ya had already ordered some from Amazon,  i just called to see if it was a joke , or serious.  Nope, not a joke. People are actually reacting to a pandemic by stockpiling toilet paper , or reacting to the idiots stockpiling toilet paper by stockpiling toilet paper. Stupidest thing since trumps inauguration. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Those panicking need to take it down a notch. If you’re under 60 and have no underlying health issues you have little chance of dying. Heck, if you contract the virus, you’ll most likely have a small cold for a few days, if you even notice the symptoms at all.

Paranoia feeds on paranoia. Those that are informed should be doing their part to not only protect the vulnerable but also educate those who don’t know wtf they’re talking about. 

• Like 1

Just now, cuporbust said:

Ya had already ordered some from Amazon,  i just called to see if it was a joke , or serious.  Nope, not a joke. People are actually reacting to a pandemic by stockpiling toilet paper , or reacting to the idiots stockpiling toilet paper by stockpiling toilet paper. Stupidest thing since trumps inauguration. 

Bottled water still in stock though lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brock Botanen said:

Common sense yes I 100% agree. My point is this coronavirus isnt that bad compared to almost any other virus outbreak in recent memory. People are over panicking imo that's all I'm saying

Of course you should wash your hands and use common sense. Not 1 time did I say you shouldnt

You're getting there my friend. Washing hands and not meeting in big groups slows transmission and saves lives. Particularly for the elderly.

Now just take one more step. With unprecedented actions by governments all over the world, this one is worse than the others.  We haven't seen the shutting down of economies travel and sports etc before. Its not panic.  It's a measured planned response by governments businesses and sports around the globe.  These steps will slow the spread. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

youtube fashion GIF\

yeah, what do actual experts know anyway?

They didn't know crap about SARS, or swine flu, or chicken flu, and this has all the same hallmarks. Ridiculous hype and fear. This has more to do with control than anything, in the end.

1 minute ago, Lionized27 said:

What in the actual eff?

For real?

LMFAO

Yea for real. Social media turned the world into a bunch of soft overreacting children. Cant buy toilet paper. Not water or canned food. Freaking toilet paper. The world has gone to $#!@

1 minute ago, Cerridwen said:

I work in a hospital, dip$&!#.. and am well-experienced in working in isolation with infectious diseases. FFS, get your head out of your ass and give it a shake. I'm a member of the group who will most likely be looking after the assholes like you who minimize the danger...or I'll be looking after the child or the 40 year old or maybe your grandmother or a parent that you have so casually passed the virus on to. It's people like you who will be responsible for someone dying because you know, you just had a cold.... and went to work...the grocery store...to visit an elderly relative on their birthday.... Reality is going to be a real kick in the nads for you.

I have a few questions or thoughts. Are test given out freely? Or only to people that are sick already and to those known to be in contact?

I ask this because there a positive tests in Europe from apparently healthy people and those that are symptomatic for only 24 hours like the NBA player.

Is it true that the virus can live for up to 9 days on a surface? That is one I can't find any reputable references for, like it is a secret or something.

Do you why Canada is not screening people at the airport or border crossings? Do you think they should?

The information, while pertinent like wash your hands, is not complete. How many people could have the virus and are just staying home or spreading it, I don't see police officers doing anything special to not contract it.

I wonder how many people actually have it in Canada that have only mild symptoms? Why would there be an alert to not go to old folks homes if you feel healthy or are without symptoms if this thing is more insidious than just being obvious.

Quite awhile ago I went to work sick and it ended up I had diphtheria, a couple of guys died of it, later I got one of the super flu's and went to work, my boss almost died and told me to never come to work sick again, that is one reason I ask about the testing, I have had some very bad things and "bulled" my way through and continued doing whatever I wanted which did end up with dire consequences so I am careful now but need to know because I can get these very bad things and continue to function almost totally normally, just take aspirin for the fever and a decongestant for breathing, which I am doing already, been 3 weeks now, one of the worst I have had, BTW I did visit the US a month ago.

• -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
  • -SN- featured and pinned this topic
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic