The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

40 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

I work in a hospital, dip$&!#.. and am well-experienced in working in isolation with infectious diseases. FFS, get your head out of your ass and give it a shake. I'm a member of the group who will most likely be looking after the assholes like you who minimize the danger...or I'll be looking after the child or the 40 year old or maybe your grandmother or a parent that you have so casually passed the virus on to. It's people like you who will be responsible for someone dying because you know, you just had a cold.... and went to work...the grocery store...to visit an elderly relative on their birthday.... Reality is going to be a real kick in the nads for you.

This is some of your finest work.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, xereau said:

3% is incredibly high man, and when the dust settles, these insanely high numbers being tossed around by the professional liars, aka, the media, will turn out to be way way under 1%.

827 people dead out of 12000 cases in Italy.  Those are real numbers and around 6.5-7%.  

• Thanks 3

I work as a nurse, the concern is more so towards the older demographic and the immune compromised not the relatively healthy younger folks . That is be vigilant in the regards of clients / patients .

Also relax on the toilet paper people lol 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Brock Botanen said:

So tell me genius. How is this going to play out. I want to be able to quote u in a few months and have a good laugh

it all depends on whether they get out in front of it or not.  There are countries taking drastic measures who are able to contain it so far, so if we take decisive action, we might avoid a situation like Italy is in.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Perfect.  Put your money where your mouth is if you catch it.

Look up Cape breton health care crisis.

I catch it I bet you I'll be perfectly fine in 2 weeks. Itll be a hell of a 2 weeks, but I'll make it

Just now, stawns said:

it all depends on whether they get out in front of it or not.  There are countries taking drastic measures who are able to contain it so far, so if we take decisive action, we might avoid a situation like Italy is in.

We had months to get in front of it. That government and media that you guys put so much stock into are the reason we are in this mess

This may sound obvious but some don't seem to understand very obvious things. 

The more the virus spreads the harder it is to control. Stopping the spread is paramount. 

They also don't know everything about the virus. Being cautious until we all know more is in the best interest of everyone. As the saying goes, better safe than sorry. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, Silky mitts said:

I work as a nurse, the concern is more so towards the older demographic and the immune compromised not the relatively healthy younger folks . That is be vigilant in the regards of clients / patients .

Also relax on the toilet paper people lol 

as I posted earlier, Chad Staley, a 25 year old pro hockey player in Norther Italy died on Monday night and though the cause of death is "unknown", the rumour is covid.  I do acknowledge that's a rumour, but the location and timing fit.  

I'm also tired of people saying it's "just older people".........the boomer population is massive and they are human beings, their lives are every bit as important as others.  It may very well ravage that generation if it gets a foothold.  

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

We had months to get in front of it. That government and media that you guys put so much stock into are the reason we are in this mess

I haven't seen you post one article as evidence of your stance.  I'd say youre a troll, but given your post history it's clear you truly believe the garbage you spew.

• Cheers 2

Just now, stawns said:

as I posted earlier, Chad Staley, a 25 year old pro hockey player in Norther Italy died on Monday night and though the cause of death is "unknown", the rumour is covid.  I do acknowledge that's a rumour, but the location and timing fit.  

I'm also tired of people saying it's "just older people".........the boomer population is massive and they are human beings, their lives are every bit as important as others.  It may very well ravage that generation if it gets a foothold.  

That generation raised me and a lot of other people on this forum.  Have some ****ing compassion; I've literally had my concern for their welfare met with "everyone dies".

This is going to hit way too close to home for many of us, unfortunately.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

This may sound obvious but some don't seem to understand very obvious things. 

The more the virus spreads the harder it is to control. Stopping the spread is paramount. 

They also don't know everything about the virus. Being cautious until we all know more is in the best interest of everyone. As the saying goes, better safe than sorry. 

and the longer it hangs around, the more chance it has to mutate

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, xereau said:

They didn't know crap about SARS, or swine flu, or chicken flu, and this has all the same hallmarks. Ridiculous hype and fear. This has more to do with control than anything, in the end.

this is what bugs me.. fear mongering to generate more control

hype and fear to such a degree that people have stopped thinking rationally and there's widespread panic..

obviously I don't want to catch this bug (or anyone to catch it) but I'm far more concerned with the economic impacts coming down the pipeline.. at first I was mostly annoyed by it all - not worried about it, but it felt like a senseless disruption.. now I feel like we're all lambs being led to the slaughter, whether a viral slaughter or an economic one.. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1