The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

52 minutes ago, buddhahoodlum said:

Any other season and I might share your concern. And while I don't think the North will be a cakewalk, I feel there will be less physicality than the other divisions. 

Perhaps you are correct buddha.

One thing that concerns me is the fact that we still have some of the absolute worst travel demands in the league despite being in an all-Canadian division - this (travel) is a known factor in fatigue and fatigue is commonly linked to injury. Furthermore, there are more back-to-back and/or quick turn-around games this season due to the condensed schedule - this is also a known factor in injury over the course of a challenging season.  Not to mention, playing all of the same teams all season is undoubtedly going to, in my view, lead to some ill will (otherwise known as fiesty games) and when this happens injuries can often result. 

This season, above almost any other, is going to test the durability/resilience of the players and the on/off ice management of the coaches. 

38 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Utica needs a goalie.

Im sure we’ll sign another goalie just for practicing once he’s loaned.

Then anytime we need him we can recall him no problem.

Utica has enough goalies we are sharing with STL

51 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

It would seem to make more sense if Kielly was kept up in the taxi squad and we sign some AHL netminder (if St Louis doesn't have their own goaltending to provide with their joint affiliation with us this year). I get the benefit of having DiPietro on a Canadian AHL team, but the taxi squad portion doesn't.

Have to wonder if we are keeping DiPietro around to practice with the big boys until the AHL is up and running and then we send him off while calling up Kielly then.

After their 2 roster goalies and a taxi squad one, the Blues have 2 more under contract - Fitzpatrick and Gillies.  Presumably they will be assigned to Utica

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I swear I can see Schmidt's smile BEHIND his mask.  Schmizing as Tyra would say.

LOL...and the comment on Gaud's picture.  Someone said "Finally Mark Donnelly puts a dang mask on."    :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Not cool from one teammate to another. Way to build comradery. Bo called him out too. I think those issues should remain in the locker room.

It's really no secret though.

Love Jake....sometimes the truth hurts but it's important to hear it.  Normally I'd agree with you....but I feel like Jake needs this.  His teammates want him to be accountable and that's not a bad thing.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

Not cool from one teammate to another. Way to build comradery. Bo called him out too. I think those issues should remain in the locker room.

It’s all how’s it interpreted and how media likes to exaggerate. I wouldn’t put anything into it 

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Love Gaudette, haaaaaaaaate his hair!

Received a Canuck calendar over the holidays. The Missus said he's the most handsome monthly dude. Under my salt & pepper dwindling patch, insane jealousy is building up like Yellowstone...

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2