The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Nice to see OJ getting a legit look at PK 2:towel:

Our 4 tallest dmen with the longest reach, which I assume plays some part in the PK.  The 2 shortest dmen are on the 2 pp units.  It works out well.  I think, eventually, with OJ's passing and hockey IQ, he may be a 2nd line pp option.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Speaking of toughness, adding Hamonic should be a nice boost, in addition to Gaud and Jake, who seem a bit feisty this year. Big Mac too. And always nice to have a giant (Myers) on D.

Losing Tanev and Stecher certainly wasn't a big loss physically. Then in early May adding Podkolzin!   

In with : Hamonic,Schmidt

Out with: Tanev,Stecher,Baertchi and Ericksson

The playoffs and "Team Toughness" are looking more and more promising by the minute. ::D

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Our 4 tallest dmen with the longest reach, which I assume plays some part in the PK.  The 2 shortest dmen are on the 2 pp units.  It works out well.  I think, eventually, with OJ's passing and hockey IQ, he may be a 2nd line pp option.

OJ will be a pk and pp guy eventually

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

55 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Finally! we can put the Ericksson and Baertchi are legit NHLers to bed. No ill will towards them and I wish them luck. Oh and by the way, Trump is not a legit President either. ::D

I’m surprised a team like Anaheim wouldn’t want Baer. They are desperate for some offensive talent, have lots of cap room, and could use his skill on the second or third line

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I was gunna say... Hamonic looks like a pretty tough customer.

Might have him beat but it's a good bar. Happy to have a guy like Hamonic.

Big Serg gets bonus points for no windshield. I am super old school.

I was at a game once against the Rangers and Serg literally axe chopped Kocur? and Joey jumped and Serg completely missed.

In 2021 Serg would have gotten 10 games easily.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

58 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Finally! we can put the Ericksson and Baertchi are legit NHLers to bed. No ill will towards them and I wish them luck. Oh and by the way, Trump is not a legit President either. ::D

I think 2 out of the three will see ice this year as a Canuck still....