The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 23, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, CITY, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, rekker said:

Allright, on a side note, I give up. I'm trying to find a printer friendly game schedule for the Canucks. Anyone have a link to one?

Buy the Canuck  calendar from Shoppers Drug mart

• Like 1

The good news is we have the Sens after this. I see Petey getting one tonight, then getting 7 in the next 3 games against the Sens.

I'm thinking we'll be 5-5 after 10, which considering the slump the team is in now, the playoffs will still be a reality. 

If they lost tonight and then can't get 5/6 points against the Sens we can talk about next year.

• Cheers 1

169-0 Montreal.

An angry Claude Julien negotiates a deal with some nearby aliens to use their spaceship to abduct all the Canucks' healthy defencemen in retaliation for the Myers hit. Hughes is the only one who escapes the spaceship's tractor beam because of his height.

Left with only one defenceman, Green summons Eriksson from the taxi squad to play with Hughes for the entire game. Realizing the long odds, the remaining Canucks players, including Holtby, protest this injustice by lying face-down one by one across the blueline.

Tyler Toffoli ends up scoring all 169 goals.

Edited by Brad Marchand
  • Haha 3

Changes Green won't do, but that might work ....

Loui slots into his spot on Bo's line, moving Hoagie to Gaud's, and putting the Rooster in the stands.

Bo and Pearson with LE are a proven defensively responsible line that can score,  and who wouldn't like to see Gaud, Hoagie and the Shotgun perform?

Juolevi partners with Rafferty, with whom he had some chemistry last year in Utica.  Myers with Hughes and Benn with Schmidt 

Don't know where Mac and/or Bailey fit, but both would be improvements on 7 or 8 of our 12 current forwards (heck, if Baertschi were in the taxi squad, I'd dress him)

10 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

The good news is we have the Sens after this. I see Petey getting one tonight, then getting 7 in the next 3 games against the Sens.

I'm thinking we'll be 5-5 after 10, which considering the slump the team is in now, the playoffs will still be a reality. 

If they lost tonight and then can't get 5/6 points against the Sens we can talk about next year.

And if we win tonight, then sweep the Sens, we'd be 6 - 4 after 10 and this angst will be just a distant memory 

Edited by Googlie
For clarity

43 minutes ago, nux_win said:

I know it's nothing new but I'm totally disappointed at all these "fans" predicting a lopsided loss just so that they don't have to take any risks with their ego and actually cheer for the team to win.  I thought that fans were supposed to cheer for their team to win.  At least that's the way I interpret being a fan. Yeah, we've had a bad start but that's no reason to be convinced that we're a bad team.  Have a little backbone folks.  I'm going out on a limb here and predicting a 4-2 win.   And if we lose again I'm still going to cheer for the team to win the next game too.   Go Canucks Go!

I couldn't possibly imagine hanging out with some of these "so-called fans". I've been there and done it. Usually within a minute or so, I'm looking at them shaking my head, then I move along. The thing is, it's all about them. There's something about them that has to continually tear apart pretty much anything, including the Canucks. It's their nature. It starts from within. They must be a blast to party with. I wish them well, but seek help. 

Edited by BarnBurner
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Dazzle said:

Somehow we've really lost our grip as a fanbase. The posts people are making reflect a mentally ill fanbase. We've had calls for firing Benning (which really doesn't do anything at this point, a knee jerk reaction), firing Green and his assistants (probably won't happen at an instant) and some posters just repetitively drilling on the fact that Sutter, Eriksson and others could have kept Toffoli around. The reality is that the Canucks aren't just one top six winger away from a playoff spot.

People love to criticize every transaction that is made by Canucks management, but are unable to take criticism of their own. Your post is a good one because the toxicity of the fanbase needs to be addressed. This behaviour has been a long standing issue and it's honestly embarrassing. This fanbase is well known for having a lot of whiny fans.

Welcome to 21st century madness. 

17 minutes ago, nux_win said:

I know it's nothing new but I'm totally disappointed at all these "fans" predicting a lopsided loss just so that they don't have to take any risks with their ego and actually cheer for the team to win.  I thought that fans were supposed to cheer for their team to win.  At least that's the way I interpret being a fan. Yeah, we've had a bad start but that's no reason to be convinced that we're a bad team.  Have a little backbone folks.  I'm going out on a limb here and predicting a 4-2 win.   And if we lose again I'm still going to cheer for the team to win the next game too.   Go Canucks Go!

who the heck are you to tell me how to watch and cheer?

I am a hockey fan. Born almost 51 years ago in Vancouver, and have followed this team from my childhood. When they are not playing well, and aren't showing too many signs of turning it around, I am totally within my right as a fan to think they will not win the next game

..l..

15 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Maybe some of the guys still think Toffoli plays for Canucks still, because they really gave him a lot of goals 

Toffoli to Julien.

Toffoli: Coach, I know the secret to the Canucks defence!

Julien: That they have no defence? 

Toffoli: Shhhhh! That's the secret!