The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] DeAngelo NYR

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

Love it.  Couldn’t happen to a more deserving douchebag 

Not a fan of his politics but the guy has elite numbers so I'm surprised by this. Like I said don't like his politics but I'd be surprised if most teams are not trying to get him from the Rangers 

44 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Vancouver doesn’t have the cap space even if they wanted him.  

What about for Virtanen, Roussel, and a 1st and maybe a prospect like Lind? You think Rangers would take it ?

Edited by iinatcc
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Not a fan of his politics but the guy has elite numbers so I'm surprised by this. Like I said don't like his politics but I'd be surprised if most teams are not trying to get him from the Rangers 

If teams were trying to get him from the Rangers, he would not have been placed on waivers.

3 very  good ways to kill trade value:

demand a trade

get placed on waivers

sign for a whole lot of money, and deliver a very small bit of play.

Now, at a discount, some team may take a shot, but that is a big salary, bad attitude and poor play, this year, guy.

Edited by gurn

Just now, iinatcc said:

What about for Virtanen, Roussel, and a 1st and maybe a prospect like Lind? You think Rangers would take it ?

He’s already on waivers.  So any deal now has to wait until he potentially clears.  The guy has all sorts of character issues. Beyond that he’s really bad in his own end.  I get that the points are enticing. But the whole package is ugly. Vancouver should stay away. And offering that much for a guy that will poison the locker room is a huge overpay 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Jesus, man. And you want this to happen? We'll be the laughing stock of the league when we scratch him for not being deserving of ice time.

That will be another 5 million dollars gone and a bunch of Canuck fans on Benning's adds, plus losing a 1st rounder. Good god, no!

People whined about the Miller trade and he has no character issues. Why the hell will you give up another 1st for DeAngelo?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Jesus, man. And you want this to happen? We'll be the laughing stock of the league when we scratch him for not being deserving of ice time.

That will be another 5 million dollars gone and a bunch of Canuck fans on Benning's adds, plus losing a 1st rounder. Good god, no!

People whined about the Miller trade and he has no character issues. Why the hell will you give up another 1st for DeAngelo?

Ok I may have over sold it probably too much to add in Lind. Still Rangers aren't probably going to let him go unless it involves a 1st or a top prospect 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

Ok I may have over sold it probably too much to add in Lind. Still Rangers aren't probably going to let him go unless it involves a 1st or a top prospect 

The fact that he's being let go right now by a horribly underproducing NYR team should tell you a lot!

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1