The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] DeAngelo NYR

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I stand by what I said.  Openly supporting a war on democracy is not "having a different view that isn't liberal BS".  Making excuses for these scumbags doesn't help the situation.  Trump has far too many similarities to Hitler's rise to power to ignore and whine when people cal out his ignorant followers.  I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by calling a spade a spade.

First off I don’t support any side that inflicts violence and destroys city’s because they are butt hurt. Second off I think u need to stop listening to the mainstream media that has done nothing but twist the truth on many matters about Trump and more. You want similarities to nazis and hitler? Go look what the Democrats are trying to force on society. Anyways...this isn’t hockey talk so I’ll stop. But I stand by my original comment

I look at some of these dmen getting moved around, asking for trades, poor performance, DeAngelo is part performance. All are smaller, supposed leaning towards offense types. Mete, DeAngelo, Dunn, McDermott, even Barrie. Too many of these guys in the NHL for my liking and maybe the GM's are seeing that. The pendulum always swings too far one way. I think every team has room for one smallish dman if he can move the puck, run PP's. I for one miss the crease clearer. I would love to see more physical dmen in the leugue that can actually clear the net and make players pay on the boards. I loved Myers hit the other night and if you want to play the game looking at your skates you should pay. One of my favourite guys too watch right now is Parayko. Guy can skate and punish. Please, no to any of these smallish dmen. We already have one of the best in Hughes and I love this kid. Bring back Tryamkin and go with what we got in our vets and kids and I like our chances. 

Edited by rekker
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

I look at some of these dmen getting moved around, asking for trades, poor performance, DeAngelo is part performance. All are smaller, supposed leaning towards offense types. Mete, DeAngelo, Dunn, McDermott, even Barrie. Too many of these guys in the NHL for my liking and maybe the GM's are seeing that. The pendulum always swings too far one way. I think every team has room for one smallish dman if he can move the puck, run PP's. I for one miss the crease clearer. I would love to see more physical dmen in the leugue that can actually clear the net and make players pay on the boards. I loved Myers hit the other night and if you want to play the game looking at your skates you should pay. One of my favourite guys too watch right now is Parayko. Guy can skate and punish. Please, no to any of these smallish dmen. We already have one of the best in Hughes and I love this kid. Bring back Tryamkin and go with what we got in our vets and kids and I like our chances. 

You and me both.  Fortunately we have Woo to look forward to as well, who at least plays a physical game although he isn't a huge guy.  If Anaheim ends up having to consider a Manson trade, I hope we're one of the frontrunners. 

25 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I stand by what I said.  Openly supporting a war on democracy is not "having a different view that isn't liberal BS".  Making excuses for these scumbags doesn't help the situation.  Trump has far too many similarities to Hitler's rise to power to ignore and whine when people cal out his ignorant followers.  I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by calling a spade a spade.

Democracy does suck ass. 

26 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I think that there are better words you can use. Nazi's were murderous thugs who were out to destroy the Jewish race and create their own elite race. I'm not a fan of Trump but I'm pretty sure Trump wasn't about any of that.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You and me both.  Fortunately we have Woo to look forward to as well, who at least plays a physical game although he isn't a huge guy.  If Anaheim ends up having to consider a Manson trade, I hope we're one of the frontrunners. 

Yip. My favourite dman growing up was Ohlund. He did it all and even got some Norris votes along the way. When I watch some of our games I just tip my hat to Eddie. He has lost a step, is out of postition at times, and at times I have yelled at my tv "bad Eddy". But that old Swede still plays heavy, finshes checks, clears the net. It befuddles me to see those who want him gone. Tissue soft we would be. I truly hope he signs a cheaper extension as we still need him at some capacity for another few years. 

Edited by rekker
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Your lack of historical knowledge is apparent. You do know that Hitler touched off a "race war" against the Jews, Gypsies, mentally and physically handicapped people (look up Eugenics) Blacks and homosexuals. At least, I would hope you do. I'd also hope you know that Hitler's armies invaded Poland, Czechoslovakia, North Africa and most of continental Europe including Russia. After 12 years of Hitler's rule, much of Europe was in ashes and about 10,000,000 people were dead or displaced. 

So far it seems like the Democrats under Biden are trying to get a handle on COVID, trying to get money to people who desperately need it, making sure people have health care, trying to achieve greater cooperation between the two major parties, acknowledging the threat of climate change, recognizing the rights of Palestinians to exist and letting Russia know that the US is no longer willing to let them do whatever they want. I don't know how many times Joe Biden has to repeat that he is the president for ALL Americans, and not just the ones who voted for him. Doesn't sound very Hitlerian to me.

And one more thing: you use the same old tired saw about the Mainstream media twisting the truth. Are you kidding? All the media does is point a camera and a microphone at Trump and he lies his frickin' face off. (Over 20,000 documented lies between announcing a run for office in June 2015 until the day before the inauguration.) And you say the media lies? Next thing you know, you'll be telling us that there are very fine people on both sides.

Soooo you stand by heffy and squaman saying three players on the bluejackets are nazi’s for supporting Trump? That’s all we needed to know. You’re a liberal. I’m not. I’m not even going to begin to counterattack half of what you said. 

2 minutes ago, linden17 said:

Soooo you stand by heffy and squaman saying three players on the bluejackets are nazi’s for supporting Trump?

I said no such thing, and there you go projecting something onto others that you yourself believe is true.

3 minutes ago, linden17 said:

I’m not even going to begin to counterattack half of what you said. 

That's because you have no answer to truth.

43 minutes ago, linden17 said:

Heaven forbid someone had a different view than the liberal agenda. When the lefts kills people and burns things down it’s called a protest. When the right does it it’s a riot. Give ur head a shake

Protests that lead to riots and the storming of the capitol building while both senate and congress are in session to ratify an election are two very different things.....but you be you bud! 

2 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I said no such thing, and there you go projecting something onto others that you yourself believe is true.

That's because you have no answer to truth.

I absolutely do have an argument back. I could go on and on about censorship and all sorts of stuff that you could compare the nazis and Democrats to. Where are we, dude? A Canucks forum? All I got out of this is you painting a bad picture of nazis (which they are) and you supporting heffy and quaman calling three players on the bluejackets nazis because they may support Trump. Don’t get too high on your previous responses because they aren’t something to get high about.

2 minutes ago, linden17 said:

I could go on and on about censorship and all sorts of stuff that you could compare the nazis and Democrats to.

Then stop talking about it and do it. Then we can see if your comparisons are valid or just right wing bum fodder.

1 minute ago, Curmudgeon said:

Then stop talking about it and do it. Then we can see if your comparisons are valid or just right wing bum fodder.

Nah, again where are we? You would never agree with me anyways and this isn’t a platform where we are supposed to convince the people reading this about our political views. If this were Facebook or twitter then.....yeah. Have a good one

Just now, 70seven said:

Who has cap to absorb a skilled locker room cancer?

Problem is he isn't even a good hockey player.  He puts up points but his defensive game is absolutely atrocious, and he has shown no evidence that he is taking the necessary steps to learn how to play in his own end to an acceptable standard.  I hope one of our division rivals picks up this pylon.

• Cheers 1