The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] DeAngelo NYR

21 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

You're kidding right? People get their lives ruined over completely innocuous behaviour these days. If anything it's gone the complete opposite direction.

That's not to say DeAngelo didn't deserve to be waived.

Ya, I get what your saying with the cancel culture and I thought about that as I wrote up my post. DeAngelo, Leipsic and such have paid the price. Maybe to be more clear I find the average person, youth, politicians, the criminals of our society aren't punished appropriately. 

• Cheers 1

not sure if this has already been posted in here::D

Defenseman K’Andre Miller’s agent, as well as a Rangers source, refuted a report that his teammate Tony DeAngelo kept the puck from Miller’s first NHL goal. Miller’s agent Ian Pulver told ESPN: “It’s K’Andre’s understanding that the NYR equipment manager, or whoever is responsible for getting it, has the puck and that it’s being framed like other first goals. At no time did he think otherwise.” DeAngelo was put on waivers Sunday after "a minor altercation" with teammate Alexandar Georgiev.

On 2/1/2021 at 2:11 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Confident is.... optimistic.

In other words - the Rags will have to take a cap (dump) back.

Bottom feeding teams willing to take a chance on him?

Rags scratch that.

Redwings scratch that - Stevie Y has seen it all before and dumped him.

Ottawa....?

Would Boston take him?

Edited by oldnews

On 31/01/2021 at 12:33 PM, iinatcc said:

I'm looking at it in a perspective in how NYR might see his value. The Virtanen and Roussel is to remove some cap on Vancouver's side. So the 1st and a prospect is the real asset Vancouver will be giving the Rangers.

Is it a bit much? Sure but 70 pt Defensemen don't just grow in trees.

Of course I posted that forgetting he wasn't waiver except 

Seriously I dont think you even know what is happening. Like I think you are in some kind of a multiverse if you are talking about DeAngelo the cancer.

• Haha 2

On 1/31/2021 at 12:33 PM, iinatcc said:

I'm looking at it in a perspective in how NYR might see his value. The Virtanen and Roussel is to remove some cap on Vancouver's side. So the 1st and a prospect is the real asset Vancouver will be giving the Rangers.

Is it a bit much? Sure but 70 pt Defensemen don't just grow in trees.

Of course I posted that forgetting he wasn't waiver except 

I'm pretty sure NYR just wants to get rid of him.

He's also unlikely to be a 70 point defenseman and, even if he is, he'll probably be the most inconsistent 70 point defenseman possible given his attitude.

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

In other words - the Rags will have to take a cap (dump) back.

Bottom feeding teams willing to take a chance on him?

Rags scratch that.

Redwings scratch that - Stevie Y has seen it all before and dumped him.

Ottawa....beyond Chabot...a pretty weak left side (Reilly, Brown, Coburn)...?

Would Boston do it as a Krug replacement (after not signing Chara either).  Pretty young left side with Grzelcyk and then Lauzon, Zboril and Vaakanainen...but I doubt it.

I'd think any of Jersey (they seemed open to making controversial moves in the past)/ Ottawa (he would help them, just might not gel with Brady all too well if both are fiery)/ LA (2nd pair guy behind Doughty)?

From a buyout perspective, a Eriksson for DeAngelo trade (both having the same number of years left on their contracts) would help the Nucks.  According to capfriendly, buying out Loui would cost a total of $2 million with savings of $1 million and a total cap hit of 5 million.  Because he is under 26, buying out Tony would cost a total of $1.77 million with savings of 3.53 million and a total cap hit of 1.27 million.  So if you could stomach trading for him and if he doesn't redeem himself, you could just trade him for some other asset(s) and if that is not possible buy him out and save on the cap space. If he is a problem he could just sit on the taxi squad or go to the AHL before the buyout. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Maybe because our current GM tends to avoid players with character issues?

I'm a big fan.  I meant more I miss Burke's bluntness, and Gordon's comments reminded me of it.  Not at all intended as a slight on Benning, who has done a really good job of not only avoiding character issues, but has brought together a core of outstanding young men.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

I like his style.  Haven't had that kind of GM here since Burkie.

Except i don't really believe him. They still played him. They gave him a two year deal, instead of a one year. And the cap is 5 Million. He's just saying this for "damage control".

Edited by Dazzle

19 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Wow, cleared. I wonder what would happen if McDavid had his personality, same treatment?

Restores faith in the NHL and GMs that he went unclaimed. NYR is going to be burdened with that cap hit though.

You don't become anywhere like McDavid with his attitude. 

• Cheers 2

12 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Only way I'd agree with that is if we immediately suspend DeAngelo and buy him out at the end of the season.  Keep that racist piece of garbage away from our kids.

I remember wanting JB to try offer-sheeting this guy.

That was before finding out what kind of dirtbag he is.

No way in hell JB touches this situation.

Just sucks that a situation arises where we could dump a big contract and it has to be an ass like this that comes available.

Canuck luck all the way.

• Haha 1