The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 2, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

It’s just cringeworthy every other time the Canucks dump the puck in. Teams who play against must just laugh watching the video. Dump it in, forecheck is nonexistent and they have a nice time playing catch easily getting out of the zone.

• Cheers 1

Appreciate their effort but Canucks need to have more detail pre-game scouting analysis on teams to look for patterns, tendencies and weaknesses.

Canadiens have done their homework this year on Canuck tendencies thus their success,  

Seems like Montreal kills penalties with their one player VERY high up on the Canucks point man ready to spring loose for short handed situation - you see it on almost every play during the penalty (probably a set play knowing they have one D on the point, not two) - if he springs too early and is out of position, the MTL D steps up to provide the second D layer.  To the Canucks coaching, appreciate the work but do spend time preparing and looking for more tendencies either in the opponents patterns or goalies each night.  Doesn't have to be lengthy like War and Peace

-  I think scouting has given Montreal the advantage at this point.   Anyway, good luck and Go Canucks Go.  

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Now you know why Schmidt was let go by Vegas. That happy go lucky attitude is no bueno.

He played the most minutes in the playoffs for Vegas and the quality of opponents he faced were elite.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Myers pinched, doesn't hit, gets on wrong side of puck immediately. Goes the other way. Why?!

Well, I would tell you it is because he is a 7th Dman on most good teams, but then I get PMs telling me I am an idiot, and he is a top pairing guy.....

Just now, Dirtman said:

Miller started playing like crap after I changed my profile pic. We gonna be superstitious here? 

Fan desperation setting in over here.

Oh I was wondering what he was referring to when he said in the last presser that he’s been distracted by the changing of dirtman’s avatar. Made no sense at the time but it might be referring to this.

• Haha 2