The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks playing for a JB firing?

Rate this topic

Nucks94forever

48 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Interesting pill question. In my honest opinion I don’t think a professional hockey player(s) would intentionally bomb games. Last year was the first time our young guys got a taste of success and you would think that would be motivation to come out of the gate flying every night. I for one am extremely disappointed in the Canucks play but at the end of the day I am just a die hard fan. I want nothing more than the Canucks to succeed and seeing these guys get whipped every night is concerning. Everyone is off and it’s showing. Not only with their on ice play but their faces show it too. No one is having fun. Could they really be intentionally playing like $&!#e as some form of protest over Bennings off season acquisitions and moves. We all know the life that Toffoli brought to this team and losing 2 key leadership guys has disheartened the team. This is only speculation but once the media is involved there are lingering questions. 55% say yes. 

MODS - I DIDNT REALIZE THERE WAS ANOTHER THREAD SIMILAR TO THIS SO FEEL FREE TO LOCK. 

No.

It’s a ridiculous notion that has been perpetuated by HF Canucks, JD Burke, The Athletic, and certain “toxic” media members in Vancouver that are either trying to get attention for themselves, or have a vested interest in seeing the Canucks fail.   

Montreal, Calgary, and Toronto are very good teams and they beat us because they are better than us.   We beat Ottawa three times because we are better than them.  We have played around .500 hockey with Edmonton and Winnipeg combined because we are of a similar level to these teams.   If anything, our results have been a little TOO predictable.    14 games and we are two games below .500.   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

I do believe with a condensed schedule it does have an impact but not to this extent. I can’t remember ever watching the Canucks play this bad. Even during the Willie years. 

I guess you weren't around when Bill LaForge was the coach.  You missed out on alot of fun...

i mean this offseason you saw quotes from Horvat that he confused on why they did not resign TT, and on  the decision that were made during the offseason. JT Miller was shocked on the decision as well. Apparently Management also did not have very good communication with Bo, Petey, Miller during the off season as well on the moves and what they were doing.

“It did take me awhile to get over that,” he said. “It still does. It was weird not seeing them at camp, especially Tanny and Marky after playing with them for six years. It's tough not having those guys in the room and on the ice with you, especially after the (playoff) bubble where you played together so hard and did whatever it took for one another.

“I wouldn't say I was angry, maybe a little bit confused

Honestly, I can't imagine in a million years they would do this. The guys on our team are so insanely competitive (the best ones anyway) that throwing games would be the very antithesis to their very character. 

If, for some reason, the players did dislike management or coaching, I could see that negatively affecting their play, but intentional sabotage of games? Never in a million years with guys like Petey, Hoglander, Miller, Horvat, etc.