The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I would agree

As pathetically incompetent as Green and Willie are, JB put them into their roles 

we need to clean house 

keep the team responsible for drafting and dump the rest 

we need to change the losing soft culture of this team 

um, he walked in the summer

Keep Ian Clark

send in Stan until a real coachis found

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I gave Green the chance for 2 years but once the 3rd started is when I started turning on him. Heck I left this site for a year because Deb didn't like me calling out green in the gdt, I saw it then and nothing has changed since he's just not good enough, just sucks some people have a hard time accepting it unfortunately. 

I am just getting tired of this team losing ,and now, we have a great group of players and they are playing like this? 

From what he has done to Jake's game, to playing LE, to sitting OJ, to demoting Hogs it is just going down hill fast. 

Hughes needs to be played less, and vets need to settle things down but thats not in Greens plans.

We will be the 1 dimensional team we have always been and its sad because we have the potential to be so much more.

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

Deb.  We are constantly reminded how this is a business. Aquamarine has spent the maximum allowed over the past 7 years and given JB the reigns to improve this team.  The results under Green are no better than under WD.  We have multiple bad contracts and a team that has been unable.to address its brutal defensive deficiencies going back years. Currently, this team's trajectory is downward.  As a businessman who has spent billions on this venture, how patient do you think he should be?

I agree with you more each passing game. Doom and gloom and all that. I hope you're wrong and the ship is straightened but I'm not holding out hope anymore.

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

Deb.  We are constantly reminded how this is a business. Aquamarine has spent the maximum allowed over the past 7 years and given JB the reigns to improve this team.  The results under Green are no better than under WD.  We have multiple bad contracts and a team that has been unable.to address its brutal defensive deficiencies going back years. Currently, this team's trajectory is downward.  As a businessman who has spent billions on this venture, how patient do you think he should be?

All valid points here.

So, the last time juolevi played he scored and played well, I don't get the demotion. 

I hope Loui ragdolls Wayne Simmonds tonight. Secretly I hope Loui has been beefing up to become a bully in his last years. 

Maybe it's time for one of our old guys to get a hatrick! 

15 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

If I'm aquaman and I see this, my finger is on the trigger.  JB is responsible for the coaching group, personnel and contracts.  Product socks and with the lines green is throwing out there, he is obviously out of ideas and just throwing $&!# at the wall hoping something sticks. 

I'm sure he is, but he's also part of problem imo as well, he isn't a fan of experienced GMs because then he has no say and he doesn't like that.

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I still don't like it.

I feel like we always need a scapegoat and sometimes we just need ... to exercise patience.  Knee jerk reactions.

the reason we always need a scapegoat is because we always suck

how many players have come in and looked good, but not progressed?

Pettersson

Hughes

Gaudette

Virtanen

Joulevi

Horvat

and then there is Demko and Markstrom

what is different about Demko and Markstrom?

At this point one scapegoat wil not do

we could get rid of Green 

but we'd still have JB

and visa versa

3 hours ago, gurn said:

At this point I begin playing everyone that should be on the team next year and sitting, trading or waiving every one that won't.

The teams ahead of us all have games in hand, and even Calgary, 3pts back, has  4 games in hand.

Except some of the vets can still be leaders on the ice. they just need to start leading a bit more and accept what this year is.

• Upvote 1