The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Ok so you all you members of the “Travis Green is a great coach” cult ....

Your leader in all his wisdom puts LE into a top 6 role and demotes the 1 guy that has performed to his ability this year 

Zero accountability and just continues to demonstrate his utter incompetence 

refuses to remove Perason from the top 6 and now doubles down by putting LE in the top 6 while Motte plays on the 4th line 

it’s obvious Green wants to move to a Willie defend the deficit strategy and stay away from blowout losses. He will be very happy with a 1 or 2 goal loss hoping that will save his job 

I disagreed a lot with your posts in the past - and probably still do. Yet I've found that there's more agreement on this front. I think Benning is far from perfect. But it's time to shift the emphasis on him and onto someone who can make every day changes, namely roster decisions. Furthermore, special teams and defensive systems need major reconsideration. There is no way a team of proper NHLers should be letting in 5 goals or more per game. Our players are not fringe NHlers who got rushed in.

There's zero excuses for Green. People need to open their eyes and see that he ain't that good.

WD and Green have the same stats. Maybe they're both coaches that will do better at the lower levels. Nothing wrong with that.

• Cheers 3

12 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I'm glad people found the comparison with WD, as well as demoting/scratching players, namely Juolevi. Although Green has a much better roster than WD ever did, his systems need an overhaul because he's underachieving.

I really don't understand how people continue to defend Green, even though he's done nothing to make positive adaptations.

You know what's funny?

Since WD and Green have similar stats, it may be that they both have misused Eriksson.

The thing that blows my mind is the amount of praise Green gets over Willie Desjardins, but the reality check is Green is no better then Willie ever was simple as that. 

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, Bo Dega said:

Montreal having a hard time with Ottawa again...No logic in hockey.

Also, Canucks need one or two big nasty players, that hit on Hughes should be punished. HARD.

How come everybody knows this but the GM?

Good luck to Loui tonight, hope he plays well.

because the GM was an undersized, no-hit defenseman

he has built the team in his image

can't wait til we ice this line up

Palmu Gaudette Manyukin

Plasek ZlodeyevJasek

Hoglander Costmar Lockwood

Utonin Hughes

Rathbone Truscott

and the goons

Demko

Svilov

Theissen

Give Jimmy credit, he likes his goalie big

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

The thing that blows my mind is the amount of praise Green gets over Willie Desjardins, but the reality check is Green is no better then Willie ever was simple as that. 

but, but , but the team plays for Greener

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, lmm said:

because the GM was an undersized, no-hit defenseman

he has built the team in his image

can't wait til we ice this line up

Palmu Gaudette Manyukin

Plasek ZlodeyevJasek

Hoglander Costmar Lockwood

Utonin Hughes

Rathbone Truscott

and the goons

Demko

Svilov

Theissen

Give Jimmy credit, he likes his goalie big

Hey, what’s going on with Rathbone? What’s the status for him this year? 
Anyone? 

Just now, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I am glad others are finally seeing it. That refusal to really get creative with lines are very similar. Megna and Chaput were WD's "pets" as was Weber. They played no matter what. 

The inability to adjust to games is similar as well. Does anyone on the team have the OK to "bang and crash"? Does the same players get 20 minutes a night icetime , even if they are slumping, while others(Hogs) gets demoted? 

There is "No Marky" to bail him out and I am so glad it has become more obvious to everyone now. 

• Huggy Bear 2

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yeah they play to lose :lol:

well, now that that is out in the open, how long can this charade go on?

every day I come on here hoping to hear that Brian Burke is the new president and Ian Clark is intrim head coach (last man standing)

but no,

I hear Loui Ericksson is back in the line up

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I have been saying all along that the 2 ahl coaches (green and willie) are identical in their incompetent coaching 

the stats and on ice results prove it 

4 years is more than enough of a chance for Green 

no systems and reduced to fielding lineups that limit blowout losses so they can say “we are close” post game 

At least WD coached the team to 100+ point season. 

WD had one fault which was to roll all four lines when clearly you don’t have the depth to do so. That resulted in giving fringe guys way too much Ice time. 

i would say WD > Green so far. Green has better roster. 

1 minute ago, Davathor said:

Just saw the ad at the top of forum...

Time has not changed my mind, our reverse retro jerseys are SO LAME. I hope someone got fired for letting that disgusting design through. Embarrasing.

Damn even the jersey guys needs to be fired lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, khay said:

At least WD coached the team to 100+ point season. 

WD had one fault which was to roll all four lines when clearly you don’t have the depth to do so. That resulted in giving fringe guys way too much Ice time. 

i would say WD > Green so far. Green has better roster. 

I can’t disagree 

also don’t forget WD’s record includes a rebuilding Kings team   

Edited by canuck2288