The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

29 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Canucks are worst in the league in GA

... but first int eh league in GF

912F1AA8-74CA-4E22-862A-97955C62D599.jpeg

07441047-C098-46A6-8734-EB634C747F40.jpeg

There is a positive spin on this.  Leading the league in GF is actually pretty great.  The GA is a tire fire.  But, wouldn't you rather have this situation than the reverse? We can score.  That's easier said than done.

Work over the next 2 years with systems and personnel changes can be focused on improving team defense.

If we can hang with Toronto on the defensive side in the future, each game would be close given our ability to score.

• Vintage 1
58 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Quickly losing interest in this team. Don't know why I should watch 3 hours of the same old dog$&!# hockey. Team looks uninterested.

I've been breezing through these games now lol. Watched an entire game in 15 min skipping 30 seconds at a time after they go down by 2 

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Calgary might regret signing Tanev and Markstrom for 4 years. Short term wise they are bringing what they were advertised. Toffoli as long as he doesn't slow down, 4 years and $4.25 million? Hmm. I'd say it was a fair contract. If no one wanted to offer anything for Jake and Gaudette I'd understand. As much as I like him as a character I'm saying short so far Schmidt is...well meh is being kind. (Then again the whole team sucks right now) I don't think he's the right fit for this team. Might be way to early to write him off.

But then again Eriksson never looked like he fit in Vancouver either from the get go. 

anyone might regret any move.

Tanev would have been my priority (not going to repeat what I said at the time, or now - but the reasoning is very sound imo).

Any player comes with various forms of risk - when the greatest risk is 'injury' it's not valid imo, particularly when you play the game the way Tanev does.  I don't buy a particlar 'decline' risk where Tanev is concerned.  Signing a goaltender long term is generally far higher risk imo - but Markstrom is as solid as they come.

And literally anyone can get injured in countless ways, any time they step on the ice - so I've yet to hear a credible argument against Tanev.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2
12 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I

My greater concern would actually be if they fired Benning.

Who would hire the next GM?

Linden hired a lot of good people in my opinion.  A hockey person hiring hockey people.

Prior to Linden - came the bizarre - and wildly failed - Tortorella experiment.

People love to assume that change will necessarily result in something better/ improved.   That aint necessarily the case - it could just as possibly end up in making worse decisions than the present group.   Simply firing someone - is not a 'plan'.

Worried about this too, esp. if firings are due to an outlier season. 

That being said if the axe falls, I guess there are some good options like Krueger/Hextall.  

• Hydration 1
5 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

There is a positive spin on this.  Leading the league in GF is actually pretty great.  The GA is a tire fire.  But, wouldn't you rather have this situation than the reverse? We can score.  That's easier said than done.

Work over the next 2 years with systems and personnel changes can be focused on improving team defense.

If we can hang with Toronto on the defensive side in the future, each game would be close given our ability to score.

We've played up to 5 games more than some other teams too. So, there's that.

• Vintage 1
  • -SN- unfeatured and unpinned this topic