The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

I can see JB gets 'promoted' to President of Hockey Ops with full control over scouting and drafting while we bring in a new GM which is either gonna be a newbie again or a disgraced one like Hextal. 

So Benning would answer to the new GM? I do think that going with another newbie is a mistake though. Inexperience in running the team is the last thing the Canucks need right now. 

1 minute ago, aznmonk said:

It's not the coaches fault we gave away Marky that is all.  He covers up the Canucks mistakes and he is so big at 6.6 he xan practically cover the entire net 

You are dreaming if you think our performance is due to a lack of Marky

if that was the case why is Calgary not lighting it up? 

don't get me wrong, i love Marky and i agree JB messed up many times but our issues are way deeper than losing Marky 

our lack of structure has existed all through Green’s tenure and yes many nights Marky covered up for it but we were still on a losing trajectory last year 

• Cheers 1

Two more season and no more Loui ahhh... 

let’s see this

Jake Petey Hog 

Miller Bo Boeser

Pearson Sutter Gaudette

Motte beagle Zak Mack 

3rd line needs steadier defense add Pearson give Jake yet another shot for. Big game, his play has been a little more up tempo(long shot) but maybe he gets it. Zak Mack needs to be in Rooster just isn’t himself anymore. His best now it being slightly irritating in the last 5 mins of a game. Zak can add some strength to the Fourth. Hog has been our steadiest forward effort wise him and Motte but taking motte off the 4th makes that line sooooo weak. 

If only Jake could figure it out full time that is, these would be some well balanced lines imo

Edited by Rick_theRyper

12 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Because no coach has ever taken over mid season without success 

lets see.... hmmmm ..... yup never happened 

Oh and because what we are doing is so much better  

if nothing else it allows gallant to evaluate what he has and what he needs to do next season to hit the ground running

Then again we can just endure this tire fire all season because its just too darn inconvenient to change things out ... we will just hope for different results 

jb will be fired soon, new guy will be a hockey guy that will clear out the incompetent coaches 

Once again you failed to answer the issues that was brought up in my previous post and still you Continue to Pander your own narrative that has some real issues with it.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So Benning would answer to the new GM? I do think that going with another newbie is a mistake though. Inexperience in running the team is the last thing the Canucks need right now. 

JB and the new GM can both report to Aqua. If JB wants a job still in the NHL without embarrassing himself, this is the way to go. He can bade his time until someone is willing to give him another go as gm. 

Just now, 24K PureCool said:

JB and the new GM can both report to Aqua. If JB wants a job still in the NHL without embarrassing himself, this is the way to go. He can bade his time until someone is willing to give him another go as gm. 

I do think that the new GM should have reign over Benning.

Just now, King Heffy said:

Firing Baumgartner and hiring a replacement who isn't severely mentally handicapped should fix that.

What assistant coaches are available that have more experience with effective defense strategies? Don't get me wrong, Baumgartner is not an NHL level assistant coach, and the proof is on the ice. I'd love for the team to move on from him.

• Cheers 1