The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHN, CBC, SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, coryberg said:

Hey I absolutely loved the kid. No issues with any shift he ever played for the Canucks. Quinn definitely misses him. But it was a major problem having him miss 20-25 games for his entire career. Thats the reason I'm glad we didn't give him that contract and if I was a betting man I would have to pick the under on 60 games/season average on that deal. It's just a given... death,taxes and tanev injuries.

what kid?

3 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Didn’t Keith say he used to basically lock Matthew and Brady in the basement and make them fight.

I can picture it. Tkachuk Sr. sitting in his recliner, stroking his belly, and watching his sons duke it out, sitting there whispering to himself, like an elephantine Palpatine, “good, good, let the hate flow through you.”

(Don’t know whether the :lol: or :sick: emoji is appropriate here.)

If this is true, this explains why being a douche is a normal part of being a man to members of this family - yikes !

8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I misread the post chain - he was actually referring to Markstrom.

But 'habitually injured' can happen when you throw yourself in front of every shot possible, and take a hit every time to make the first pass.

People here don't realize how 'foundational' he was - or how hard it is to look as good as he does in the midst of a rething.

Loved the player, hate the contract.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

Tkachuk only did it cause he knows Edler won’t punch back. Let’s see him do that to Myers.

Let's see him try that on Tryamkin, Train would throw him into the bleachers from 50 ft away like a ragdoll.. I sooooo wish for that day!!!! 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Myers will be exposed and won't be taken. Not because he is a bad player but because of his salary and term. This is a good thing... gives us an extra protection spot in theory 

They may actually need the salary to get above cap floor, depends who they take from other teams as well

Hrudy is such a try hard to hype the flames up. Going off on how mangiapane is such an inspiration to undrafted players being he's " such a hard worker ", Then mentions how he's a 6th round pick. Like WUT. Maybe try comparing another undrafted player bud? All night long, every flames game for that matter he just spews non sense. One of the worst out there for sure.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

I'm proud of our team tonight.  Great win.  Played hard. Won battles.  Outshot Calgary badly.

And.  For the first time this year we turned the tables on Tanev and Markstrom who have been pretty happy about their offseason treason up until now.

Sorry guys.  Jeez, what if we actually turn out to be a better team than Calgary and you have to play out your careers there anyway?

You doubt that? Lmao!!!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

4 years is a long time. Can he maintain it? 

people here telling themselves that Markstrom can't sustain his performance is pretty wishful.

look - I hate Calgary as much as anyone - but let's not sandbag Markstrom - he deserves more recognition for how good he is.

he's as incisive as they come - mentally tough as hell, great athlete, technical beauty - the real deal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

that's not very specific.

We lost Sbisa. Decent player with a bloated contract. I wasn't worried about what we would lose in that ED and I'm not worried about this one either. We are in great shape as far as that goes

• Cheers 1