The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHN, CBC, SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Literally laughed my ass off. I was like really that’s what you have to talk about. The Flames were outshot 20-4 and you’re praising Magiapane 

You must have really liked the part how he said him and hughes were going to go at it all year. He's a fringe middle sixer, Stop the hype train my god lmao

• Haha 2

Just now, Darius said:

I just hope he keeps them mediocre enough to avoid drafting any top end talent for the duration of his contract.  Aside from marky they look average again.    If they don’t do much this year I wonder if it’s monahan or Johnny they will punt first.  Come to think of it Tkuchuk doesn’t do much for them when it counts either. 

I think they have a pretty good blueline and goaltending - but imo their forward group is over-rated. 

Just now, oldnews said:

If there were no Demko here this line of thinking would be about as counterproductive as possible.  No Demko - and re-signing Markstrom was not only a no-brainer - it would be  essential.

Demko still a couple years to be Marky level if that’s his trajectory. It sucked but necessary. The Canucks want to be a good team longer then 6 years. But you’re right if Demko wasn’t here to potentially extend the window. You sign Markstrom whatever it took. Obviously Calgary was the highest bidder. Goalies can be very good still well into their 30’s

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, coryberg said:

You can't replace their cap for 20 games mid season because you have to be compliant when they come back. Instead you suffer... as we did for the last 7 years.

if suffering from Tanev being on your roster is your concept of suffering, you haven't suffered.

Just now, oldnews said:

I think they have a pretty good blueline and goaltending - but imo their forward group is over-rated. 

Agree... I don’t think they have a very good prospect pool either.  Their time to go for it is now I guess.. 

14 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

it's called passion and it is beautiful.

while it lasts and then the knife goes in the back AGAIN.... Remember our team had Almo and Bure, Bure went down and Almo carried the team on his back until he finally wore down and then it was "Mogilny" sucks.. THAT, was f'n lame! 

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, iceman64 said:

while it lasts and then the knife goes in the back AGAIN....

I try to stay away during losses. Somehow I made through the losing streak on here. Bored I guess haha. It’s hard to talk hockey when people just wanna turf this guy and the next. Nice to have a win tonight 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I like Markstrom. But not at 6 years. It sucks to lose him, and good on him getting a better contract. It just sucks it had to be with Calgary. 

No way our cap could luve with Tanev's and Markys contracts over the long term. It'll be interesting to see how they fare in a couple years. And especially in the playoffs.

anyhow - hopefully everyone feels a bit better about the team - that's three straight games they've been dominant - against the two teams that were supposed to bully everyone else this year. 

the team is taking some time to work the knots out, but they're coming around.

hopefully it'll shut up the smarm crowd for a few days: the worst opportunists of the whine.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

Man watching Tkachuk punch Edler in the face 10 times there gave me Marchand on Sedin flashbacks. Demko buddy gotta go over there and help your bro

No worries. Edler is going to drop Ratpuke next game. Then little Johnny Hockey’s gonna get what’s coming to him.