The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHN, CBC, SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

14 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Absolutely agree on Juolevi. He is really starting to look good.  And I loved his hit on Tkachuck.

But remember Chatfield must play 18 more games = 27 total for the year in order to meet the league requirement that we have one D available to the seattle draft who played 27+ games this year.  Otherwise that has to be either myers or schmidt who is exposed.

So there is a specific reason why Chatfield is getting games.

If Green plays Chatfield in 18 more games this year getting fired will be the least of his concerns.  He may need secret service protection.  

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You guys like Hoglander.  He was only the 2nd round pick that year.  Wait until the 1st round pick of 2019 shows up.  Oh boy...

Honestly, I’ve lost count at how many studs Benning has drafted over the last 7 years.  Imagine if Gillis had actually left him with something, anything?  The cupboard was completely bare when Benning arrived.  Yes, it took all of those 7 years to actually acquire enough talent to fill an entire roster.  Looks like we may actually have a full roster of young talent in the next year or two.  

Benning haters scapegoat has always been drafting OJ :ph34r: cause that and JV were his only picks that he actually picked hahaha

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, coryberg said:

Does that discredit the fact that he was habitually injured?

I misread the post chain - he was actually referring to Markstrom.

But 'habitually injured' can happen when you throw yourself in front of every shot possible, and take a hit every time to make the first pass.

People here don't realize how 'foundational' he was - or how hard it is to look as good as he does in the midst of a rething.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Absolutely agree on Juolevi. He is really starting to look good.  And I loved his hit on Tkachuck.

But remember Chatfield must play 18 more games = 27 total for the year in order to meet the league requirement that we have one D available to the seattle draft who played 27+ games this year.  Otherwise that has to be either myers or schmidt who is exposed.

Myers will be exposed and won't be taken. Not because he is a bad player but because of his salary and term. This is a good thing... gives us an extra protection spot in theory 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

OJ - gets better every time he plays - he could become one heck of a d man for this team

Haglander - wish we had 3 of him

Good team win

They needed it badly

Now on to Monday

We might get one more this season, the Russian guy drafter in the same draft as Hoglander.

Motte also moves his feet constantly. 

We need one more guy that always moves his feet and forechecks tenaciously on the first line.

• Upvote 2

Game was pretty reminiscent of game 1. I liked it. Was getting worried with how many shots we were taking vs giving up. Wasn't sure if Demko could stay sharp. But he did. Team didn't get down on themselves. You could tell frustrations really boiled over last game. Miller kept slamming his stick and stuff. Not gonna lie we don't need that from our leaders. But I digress. Team stayed the course all game long and were rewarded with the win.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, khay said:

We might get one more this season, the Russian guy drafter in the same draft as Hoglander.

Motte also moves his feet constantly. 

We need one more guy that always moves his feet and forechecks tenaciously on the first line.

you're describing Miller - perhaps forgetting how healthy Miller plays the game.

Btw - Boeser also never stops moving his feet (they just don't move as quickly as Hoglander's).

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, coryberg said:

Myers will be exposed and won't be taken. Not because he is a bad player but because of his salary and term. This is a good thing... gives us an extra protection spot in theory 

I agree and hope he wouldn’t be taken. If he was we would now have that money to spend in a somewhat deflated market. Win/win.

• Cheers 2

I'm proud of our team tonight.  Great win.  Played hard. Won battles.  Outshot Calgary badly.

And.  For the first time this year we turned the tables on Tanev and Markstrom who have been pretty happy about their offseason treason up until now.

Sorry guys.  Jeez, what if we actually turn out to be a better team than Calgary and you have to play out your careers there anyway?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, coryberg said:

They don't want to tell Tyler Myers we like you but you are being exposed.  Cmon.

4 minutes ago, coryberg said:

don't be so  sure about that.  remember the last expansion draft.  this is not a shot at you, but a lot of smarmy types got punked by that e.d.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I misread the post chain - he was actually referring to Markstrom.

But 'habitually injured' can happen when you throw yourself in front of every shot possible, and take a hit every time to make the first pass.

People here don't realize how 'foundational' he was - or how hard it is to look as good as he does in the midst of a rething.

Hey I absolutely loved the kid. No issues with any shift he ever played for the Canucks. Quinn definitely misses him. But it was a major problem having him miss 20-25 games for his entire career. Thats the reason I'm glad we didn't give him that contract and if I was a betting man I would have to pick the under on 60 games/season average on that deal. It's just a given... death,taxes and tanev injuries.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Excellent point.