Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHN, CBC, SN

Rate this topic


-SN-
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

He probably will get injured when the Flames need him most

ingrate comment.

 

Tanev did everything he possibly could to make this team successful.  Never shied away from a play in his entire time here.

 

edit- apologies - I thought you were referring to Tanev, not Markstrom. 

That said - Markstrom geting injured would not exactly be 'letting the Flames down'.  It looks like they are going to wear on his groin as much as backstopping the transition Canucks did.

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, oldnews said:

ingrate comment.

 

Tanev did everything he possibly could to make this team successful.  Never shied away from a play in his entire time here.

Does that discredit the fact that he was habitually injured?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

This was the first game I drank a lot.

 

I don't know if I can do it again guys...

I had dominoes the last time they won, and again tonight 

 

I just..... I don’t  know ... can it be

Edited by Filthy McNasty
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Absolutely agree on Juolevi. He is really starting to look good.  And I loved his hit on Tkachuck.

 

 But remember Chatfield must play 18 more games = 27 total for the year in order to meet the league requirement that we have one D available to the seattle draft who played 27+ games this year.  Otherwise that has to be either myers or schmidt who is exposed.

 

So there is a specific reason why Chatfield is getting games.

 

 

If Green plays Chatfield in 18 more games this year getting fired will be the least of his concerns.  He may need secret service protection.  

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You guys like Hoglander.  He was only the 2nd round pick that year.  Wait until the 1st round pick of 2019 shows up.  Oh boy...

 

Honestly, I’ve lost count at how many studs Benning has drafted over the last 7 years.  Imagine if Gillis had actually left him with something, anything?  The cupboard was completely bare when Benning arrived.  Yes, it took all of those 7 years to actually acquire enough talent to fill an entire roster.  Looks like we may actually have a full roster of young talent in the next year or two.  

Benning haters scapegoat has always been drafting OJ :ph34r: cause that and JV were his only picks that he actually picked hahaha

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, coryberg said:

Does that discredit the fact that he was habitually injured?

I misread the post chain - he was actually referring to Markstrom.

 

But 'habitually injured' can happen when you throw yourself in front of every shot possible, and take a hit every time to make the first pass.

 

People here don't realize how 'foundational' he was - or how hard it is to look as good as he does in the midst of a rething.

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Absolutely agree on Juolevi. He is really starting to look good.  And I loved his hit on Tkachuck.

 

 But remember Chatfield must play 18 more games = 27 total for the year in order to meet the league requirement that we have one D available to the seattle draft who played 27+ games this year.  Otherwise that has to be either myers or schmidt who is exposed.

 

So there is a specific reason why Chatfield is getting games.

 

 

Myers will be exposed and won't be taken. Not because he is a bad player but because of his salary and term. This is a good thing... gives us an extra protection spot in theory 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

OJ - gets better every time he plays - he could become one heck of a d man for this team

Haglander - wish we had 3 of him

Good team win

They needed it badly

Now on to Monday

We might get one more this season, the Russian guy drafter in the same draft as Hoglander.

 

Motte also moves his feet constantly. 

 

We need one more guy that always moves his feet and forechecks tenaciously on the first line.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Game was pretty reminiscent of game 1. I liked it. Was getting worried with how many shots we were taking vs giving up. Wasn't sure if Demko could stay sharp. But he did. Team didn't get down on themselves. You could tell frustrations really boiled over last game. Miller kept slamming his stick and stuff. Not gonna lie we don't need that from our leaders. But I digress. Team stayed the course all game long and were rewarded with the win.

  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, khay said:

We might get one more this season, the Russian guy drafter in the same draft as Hoglander.

 

Motte also moves his feet constantly. 

 

We need one more guy that always moves his feet and forechecks tenaciously on the first line.

 

you're describing Miller - perhaps forgetting how healthy Miller plays the game.

 

Btw - Boeser also never stops moving his feet (they just don't move as quickly as Hoglander's).

  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...