The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHN, CBC, SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

Absolutely loved Juolevi’s game tonight. His best sequence was in the third period after Myers’ go ahead goal where he retrieved the puck in our zone and made the safe play to chip it up the boards past the forechecker Tkachuk. Tkachuk accidentally on purpose kicked Juolevi’s skates out from under him, and when Tkachuk got the puck moments later he got trucked by Juolevi. 

I am impressed with Juolevi’s willingness to play the body. He wasn’t scared to step up on Matthews a few games ago and levelled Tkachuk today. Once this kid gets stronger and quicker over the next few years opposing forwards are gonna hate playing against him. 

He plays a similar game to Mattias Ohlund.  That’s why Benning drafted him.  Unfortunately he had two major injuries and was behind the others drafted after him.  They way he is playing it shows he can be a top 4 Dman in this league.  He may not have the flash of Sergachev but I think when all is said and done he will have a great career if he stays healthy.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

It's amazing what a bit of time at home/off/to practice can do.

Our team will benefit from the conditioning stint they were just put through in January.  Other teams are going to play catch up and hopefully wear down.  One game...but it was a convincing performance and something we know they're capable of.

They were not backing in...they were turning the Flames away at the blue line.  Turning the puck over and frustrating them.

whoever agreed to let's play 17 games in 26 days should be fired.  An extremely bad decision

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Love the way he's playing.

I recall in Utica he started off 'slow' then really picked it up as the year went along. Pretty sure it was a similar case w/ TPS where he started 'meh' but ended the year playing big minutes in the playoffs.

Think he'll just keep getting better as he gets more comfortable. You can already see the improvement from his last stretch. Really encouraging. 

He made that one quick pass to a wide open Petey. I wish Petey would of ripped that. Sharp angle but that pass was hard to track since there was so many bodies and it could of caught Marky off-guard.

Then he lays out Tkachuk after Tkachuk tripped him in the corner away from the puck and then battles and gets a clearing attempt right after.

Overall you see improvements from his first game. Good signs.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Not trying to start ish around here, but honestly I think the only player that put in a pretty crappy effort tonight was a player with a last name that sounds like irtanen, and a first name that sounds like cake.

i agree, a couple times he had the chance to shoot the puck, instead he stopped and gave it away, what a waste!

Just now, oldnews said:

The long game with Juolevi starting to pay dividends.

He's another one of the young 'stars' on this team - but has an under-the-radar quality to him (if you don't watch him closely, that is, otherwise, it's pretty evident).

He gets to the heart of the play.

He made multiple passes in the o zone where he found the open guy.  His best game as a Canuck imho 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1