The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 15, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Ray_Cathode said:

I didn’t see Newell skating out there, what number is he? The second unit doesn’t play like this, they are way more direct, even I& without the skill - I’m sure they get more chances pe4 minute played on the pp. But Miller and Horvat have been playing like they each have a pair of broken wrists - weak ass passes that don’t even reach the target. Petey’s playing like he needs a goo$ meal and some nap time. And Hughes is being overplayed - Juolevi has been playing well, play him.  Hughes is not the same player when overplayed. 

But basically, Calgary defence i# better than our defence, and their goal-tending is better than hours. Not saying Demko hasn’t played well, but Markstrom has been so good the the Canucks are all trying post and in an$ therefore missing the net - Mary is in their heads - Canucks have spent too much time reading hi# press clippings. They have to remember that Marky gets off his game when he gets contacted, they should know that, they played with him behin$ them.

Our PP has pulled up lame and disappeared multiple seasons in a row. Only one common personnel member. Newell. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Im proud of the boys. We got a point and we played an outstanding 3rd period and pulled off the near impossible

what is an offside nowadays? Why even have that f***ing rule in the book. His heel is in the air and his toe is planted offside. What the f*** is the point of even calling offsides if you can be “planted” offside, but because your heel is in the air and hanging over the line its considered not offside?

image.jpg

Thought it was clearly an offside. I was surprised they called it a good goal so quick.

• Cheers 1

This team took 10 steps back from last yr, The tenacity is not there anymore, 1st period they fly but cave in after...One thing l liked about AV was that he preached puck control and aggressiveness through out the game.

Edited by nux4lyfe

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Maybe the headset was not sanitized ?

The rule changed to cover skate off ice but behind line is considered in but in this case you have skate down het back end in air 

i would call it off side 

By rule that is onside, was offside under last years rule.

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Almost every time they try the drop pass it leads to a scrambly set up and a clear.

Almost every time Pettersson or Hughes skates the puck in it’s a clean entry and a setup.

The players need to stop following Browns “playbook”

They have too many skilled stick handlers to be using the most obvious uncreative power play setup in hockey. 

7 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Im proud of the boys. We got a point and we played an outstanding 3rd period and pulled off the near impossible

what is an offside nowadays? Why even have that f***ing rule in the book. His heel is in the air and his toe is planted offside. What the f*** is the point of even calling offsides if you can be “planted” offside, but because your heel is in the air and hanging over the line its considered not offside?

image.jpg

Didn’t they change the rule to skate can be in the air, in that case his heel has not crossed the line so good call.