The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 15, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Didn’t they change the rule to skate can be in the air, in that case his heel has not crossed the line so good call.

His toe is touching though.

If it was a mid game call they might overturn it but it has to be 100% definitive to overturn a game winner, at that point they trust the on ice linesmen.

Its bs but that's why you gotta win that faceoff 

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Almost every time they try the drop pass it leads to a scrambly set up and a clear.

Almost every time Pettersson or Hughes skates the puck in it’s a clean entry and a setup.

The players need to stop following Browns “playbook”

They have too many skilled stick handlers to be using the most obvious uncreative power play setup in hockey. 

Ironically, it's the highest percentage zone entry play, used league wide.

and btw - it takes place in the neutral zone, so it does not preclude EP (or Hughes) from still gaining a controlled entry.

Edited by oldnews
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Almost every time they try the drop pass it leads to a scrambly set up and a clear.

Almost every time Pettersson or Hughes skates the puck in it’s a clean entry and a setup.

The players need to stop following Browns “playbook”

They have too many skilled stick handlers to be using the most obvious uncreative power play setup in hockey. 

maybe start with putting bo in front of the net and putting brock back in position where he can shoot.  and while they are at it, if one of the guys is looking like he is having an off night with too many mistakes put hogs up on PP1. 

instead of Trying the same thing over and over and over...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Maybe JB can whip up a trade for a Goalie like that Markstrum guy for Demko and a better Defenseman  like Tanev for Schmiidt.  Wait......

Marky can only do so much as we all saw here, your right but he will get another D but I don't want the aging injury prone one back Ty very much... a 1/2 pairing capable guy is too hard to replace when a injury hits especially when you have been targeting at forward position, knowing that D will need an upgrade too.. meh this is all practice for the big show we're going to take a run when said tweaks are done and imo we're so close and the players needed are so obvious anyone can or should see that all we really lack is a top 4 PMD, Podz can easily fill a role we need in the top 6 so we don't have to spend a ton of cap there at all, so there will be $ left over to pick someone up..  win or lose, every game is experience and we need all we can get before the push and grow as a team, the final requirement to win a Stanley Cup not only with skill, it's just a warm up these days, nothing to get freaked out about.. it's not like we haven't had a constant turnover of players trying to get the best possible player at each and every position possible but that doesn't grow co-hesivenss until it stops so why be unrealistic until it's done?

patience young Jedi... the force is not strong enough yet! But get there we will.. ;)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Maginator said:

This guy is pure talent and drive. So pumped we have him. Such a sparkplug.

I just hope this lacklustre effort most nights doesn't break him down.

When his teammates are so consistently lackadaisical especially in their own zone it's just... brutal to be part of it.

7 minutes ago, Darius said:

thats the difference tonight.  they got goaltending we got suspect goaltending. we can dissect all the mistakes all night, but when it comes down to it, swap goalies and its over.

its gonna be a long season

I hate to agree with this but it's true.

Thatcher wasn't bad but swap the goalies and it's 5-2 win for us. I think Marky stops Lucic's goal.  

Remember how Marky couldn't buy a shutout? Well, he already has 2 this season.

When the team in front of you is making at least two crucial giveaways per game, you can pretty much say goodbye to shutouts.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Just saying, last two games they looked off.

Fair enough. I dont watch any Flames games other than when they play the Canucks.

You could also say we played a much better game the last two, so there's that.

I honestly didn't think the Flames played bad tonight either. They had us hemmed in our zone on a few occasions.

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

JV should have been traded Toffoli re signed. Find that extea 2 mill to sign a 200ft complete player with Stanley Cup pedigree.

Biggest mistake by JB this off season was to let Toffoli walk.

I get his thought process though.

He wants to keep that spot wide open for Podkolzin.

It sucks because it means we’re not as good this season, but I think Podz will fill that spot nicely.

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

JV should have been traded Toffoli re signed. Find that extea 2 mill to sign a 200ft complete player with Stanley Cup pedigree.

Biggest mistake by JB this off season was to let Toffoli walk.

Oh man it’s like we’ve heard this before. Hindsight comes with the territory of being a Canuck fan. 

Edited by Pickly