The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much would you pay to watch the Canucks play live at Rogers?

Rate this topic

Sedinyoureyesontheprize

Opinion poll  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

I am a season ticket holder and would not go right now.  I am actually glad they didn't do something like 25% capacity, that would have been a pain in the bum.

It is going to be interesting to see what happens the first game fans are allowed back at.  I assume this will be after everyone is vaccinated.

Will it be a sellout or a dud?

My guess is next season opener will be a sell out, that is the earliest I see them allowing fans into arenas in Canada. Will they open it up fully right away tho...TBD. If you chose not to get the vaccince because your an idiot on the side of the hwy, you should NOT be allowed in, they should require proof of vaccine for going to sporting events IMO.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, gurn said:

Just reading your posts, I can tell you aren't really trying. Well maybe a quarter of your posts you tried, but still most of those posts sucked.

What kinda effort would you like me to put in Gurn?   
Should I be wasting as much time as you with a couple thousand posts a year?   
Should I spend more time trying to justify why 20$ a month for SN isn’t worth it? 

I’ll do better for you

20 bucks max

Before Covid i would just randomly show up at the Rogers Place in Edmonton on weeknights and watch Oilers play. 

30 bucks from guy standing right at front of entrance.  Well 40 bucks but hed give me $10 coupons for beer plus ticket.

That's to watch McDavid and Drasaitl play. Blues came to town i still only paid 30 bucks. 

Canucks id pay 20 bucks. Getting all the way downtown from whiterock is a hastle too. In Edmonton i was 10 mins from the Oilers rink.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

20 bucks max

Before Covid i would just randomly show up at the Rogers Place in Edmonton on weeknights and watch Oilers play. 

30 bucks from guy standing right at front of entrance.  Well 40 bucks but hed give me $10 coupons for beer plus ticket.

That's to watch McDavid and Drasaitl play. Blues came to town i still only paid 30 bucks. 

Canucks id pay 20 bucks. Getting all the way downtown from whiterock is a hastle too. In Edmonton i was 10 mins from the Oilers rink.

.....................BUT YOU WERE LIVING IN DEADMONTON !  (Surprised they didn't pay you to go!)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

.....................BUT YOU WERE LIVING IN DEADMONTON !  (Surprised they didn't pay you to go!)

Lol tru. But you'd be surprised.

Single ticket on a weeknight 30 bucks is easy to watch Canucks play.. depending on who the opposition team is of course. 

When Canucks came to Edmonton middle tier  tickets were going for 300. 

But on a weeknight playing against an American team tickets can be had cheap in Edmonton and in Vancouver. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't spend a cent until covid is under control. I don't want to put myself at risk around others I don't know even at 25% capacity, it's bad enough having to go grocery shopping around all these people, but to sit around people who can have their masks down so they can drink their beer, yeah no I'll pass on that.

11 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I wouldn't spend a cent until covid is under control. I don't want to put myself at risk around others I don't know even at 25% capacity, it's bad enough having to go grocery shopping around all these people, but to sit around people who can have their masks down so they can drink their beer, yeah no I'll pass on that.

Unfortunately I think I'll be on the outside looking in for a while yet as well. They could put in whatever rules/protocols they want, we're still going to have to trust human beings to abide by them. And then even when covid is under control, I'm going to want to wait out a certain grace period to make sure things are actually back to normal. So, yeah, it'll be a while for me.

I can't believe it was only about a year ago I was at my last Canucks game. The Sedin retirement jersey night. Hugging and high-fiving strangers as we all comfortably expelled tears and open mouth laughed amongst each other. Seems like a different lifetime.

• Cheers 2

On 2/15/2021 at 9:34 AM, Zhukini said:

It all depends on the opponent for me. Id pay a lot to see the leafs or Habs but I'm not sure I'll even watch the 8th game against the Oilers on Tv

I am the opposite. Back then, I try to go to games against lower profile opponents so the seats are cheaper. I don't see anything special about Habs and Leafs, big deal that they have been in the league longer. I went to 1 game against the Habs, I paid more to sit in the upper bowl that game than the Lower Bowl in other games I've attended. It is the Canucks I am interested in watching the most, so I usually just pick the cheaper opponents.

I went to StubHub to see what is going on with cities that are allowing fans.  Looks like demand is actually high.

Coyotes only have their lower bowl open.  But cheapest pair for Thursday vs Kings works out to almost $300US.  Monday vs Ducks $200US.  Seems high to me for a Coyote game.  

Tickets in Dallas. Thursday, $110US for the cheapest pair in nosebleeds.  Close to $300US for the cheapest pair in lower bowl. For their Saturday game the upper bowl is over $200.  

Tickets in Florida.  Monday, upper bowl starting around $140US a pair.  

St. Louis is only using their middle two levels.  Thursday vs the Sharks $300US a pair.  Saturday $350US.  

In Tampa the prices are extremely high very almost no seats for sale.  

8 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

I am the opposite. Back then, I try to go to games against lower profile opponents so the seats are cheaper. I don't see anything special about Habs and Leafs, big deal that they have been in the league longer. I went to 1 game against the Habs, I paid more to sit in the upper bowl that game than the Lower Bowl in other games I've attended. It is the Canucks I am interested in watching the most, so I usually just pick the cheaper opponents.

Fair enough, I like the atmosphere when I go though. Bruins first game in Vancouver after the finals and the Hawks after Keith’s elbow on Daniel have been the funnest games I’ve gone to

4 hours ago, Zhukini said:

Fair enough, I like the atmosphere when I go though. Bruins first game in Vancouver after the finals and the Hawks after Keith’s elbow on Daniel have been the funnest games I’ve gone to

I agree with atmosphere aspect of it too. I went to a few of those as well. I went to the first game against Florida after the Mike Matheson incident and man did we boo the hell of that guy when he touched the puck. It was awesome as the arena was giving it to him all game. Then I also went to a Ducks game with Kesler still on the team and booing Kesler with the crowd was fun. I also went to one agains the Blackhawks last season, it was by far my favourite game I've went to. It wasn't the Sedins jersey retirement game, but rather, it was the 7-5 thriller. Booing Ducan Keith plus seeing our boys over come a 4-2 deficit was great.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 10:45 AM, goalie13 said:

But each person would have to consume three times as many hotdogs and beer to make up for the other revenue losses.  ::D

Okay, so we're talking 6000 fat, drunk, rich people repping our fan base for the next year.

Ha, it just might work.

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Okay, so we're talking 6000 fat, drunk, rich people repping our fan base for the next year.

Ha, it just might work.

I don't know about fat.  Have you seen those guys that compete in the Nathan's Hot Dog eating contests?  Those guys are bean poles.

• Haha 1