The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 19, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

7 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Dude..

Beagle and Eriksson produce how much offense?

What a dumb tweet. That $&!# is just stupid.

Eriksson and Beagle creating offense.

PFFFFTTTTT

Edit - Paterson is a plug. What brutal reporting.

How dumb does he think we are?

I want to punch him.

I think he was mentioning how bad our depth is when those two can't get on the ice. It's a lot of wasted money on players who can't perform. This day and age you can't have players do only one thing, whether it's kill penalties or fight. Old way of thinking. You saw Winnipeg's depth shine like crazy tonight. It is clearly lacking.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Times like these when the bottom 6 salary REALLY hurts. I like Sutter and Beagle, but I'd still rather we have some damn grit to our bottom 6. At least one big mean guy. I guess Ferland was supposed to be that. Still so choked he didn't work out. The few games we saw him in, he's exactly what we need.

Decent game I guess, effort was there. Miller and Petey need to wake up and firing on all cylinders for us to make the playoffs at this point.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

Too slow. I'd call up Grayovac. 

Could you apply for the coaching position please? We could have a fantastic third and 4th line if Mac, Graovac, Bailey, Motte and maybe a couple of other younger players were in the lineup. We could have the most dominant 4th line in the league and we choose Eriksson, Beagle and a checked out Virtanen. Unreal. 

Edit: I'm aware of injuries 

Edited by MikeyD
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

I agree.

I still recall fans on the board circulating the fake jacked picture of Petey prior to last season.  

Petey has maybe gained 10 lbs max since his rookie year and hasnt done much to improve his skating.  

EP is fine. Same with Hughes. How about just once since 94 we surround our stars with some tough players. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I wish we had someone who could take care of a fraud like Fartbort.  I hate it when goons who need anger management get to take liberties unchecked like that...especially when they target a rookie and they have 35 lbs and 7' on them.  Chopping Hogz like he's cutting down a tree...go gnaw on wood you freakin' freak.  

Refs are absolute crap when they don't contain that stuff.  

Need to teach Hoglander the Wayne Mackie manoeuvre when being attacked by a thug. He’s got to get some more Marchand in his game. It’s pathetic we have Roussel as our “tough” guy - a big miss in putting this team together. Geeeno, Geeeno, Geeeno!

• Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Darius said:

Too bad we don’t have a big heavy hitter to keep punishing forbum on the forecheck next game... . a guy fast enough to get there and really lay the body.. looks like he’s prone to retaliate .. . draw some penalties maybe ... #18..you.. ahh never mind 

How can he hit more when he hit at least 5 times in the 7 minutes he played

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Sitting him would probably bring about more negatives than positives. We didn't sit Boeser last year when his goal scoring was at an all-time low and Petey/Miller were the ones driving that line.

Anyone who thought Petey was getting 10M in a Covid flat cap environment is tripping. He hasn't been as good as Aho who was able to get 8.46M on an offer-sheet.

Expect bridge deals around 6-7M for both Petey/Hughes.

Yeah i mentioned earlier, at least he's not getting that big pay day too early. His play is imo 100% mental and maybe sitting a game forces a mental shift. Quit trying to do too much and put the puck in the god damn net. 

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Yes Green and did you call a timeout and express that to YOUR team?

difference was they shot and Demko saved us and we passed and didn’t make their no name goalie save them 

not so sure that constitutes a game that could have gone either way 

I didn’t see any point in a timeout. Why would you waste it. What if you had to review a play. We weren’t getting enough traffic in front of the net. Wouldn’t be hard to express that to the team throughout the game 

4 minutes ago, rekker said:

EP is fine. Same with Hughes. How about just once since 94 we surround our stars with some tough players. 

Ya I am getting tired of hearing people say they are fine. Hughes plus minus isn't fine and being stuck on five goals is not fine after 21 games. You have to explain why they are fine??

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Could you apply for the coaching position please? We could have a fantastic third and 4th line if Mac, Graovac, Bailey, Motte and maybe a couple of other younger players were in the lineup. We could have the most dominant 4th line in the league and we choose Eriksson, Beagle and a checked out Virtanen. Unreal. 

Edit: I'm aware of injuries 

This team is as soft as I've seen in years. This is on JB.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, davidgoliath said:

Need to teach Hoglander the Wayne Mackie manoeuvre when being attacked by a thug. He’s got to get some more Marchand in his game. It’s pathetic we have Roussel as our “tough” guy - a big miss in putting this team together. Geeeno, Geeeno, Geeeno!

This big goof had a lower body injury...chop back.  Go low.

• Cheers 1