The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 19, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

So sad what happened with him. He was amazing.

Never forget that opener where he & Sutter shutdown McDavid. 

Its the ultimate tribute to Dorse that in a short time as a Nuck he meant so much for the Sedins to give their last game puck to him. 

I went to the Gino fundraiser of Ice Guardians at the Rio and Gino, Dors and Guddy were there....talking about why it's so important to have guys who can answer and make others accountable.  Because when the refs suck you can't just let these guys get away with this stuff...they have to answer for it.  They will do it and as long as a blind eye is turned, it'll continue.  Have to take matters into your own hands.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

Again, taking a bird’s eye view, the Canucks have improved a lot and they’re getting better every game.

Lost 8 of the last 10 

lost 2-0 tonight after a 5-1 win is “getting better” ?

you are buying into what Green is selling you 

56 game season and it will thankfully be Green’s last 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, rekker said:

I want more edge, and even a little step over it here and there. IE, I wish one of our D pulled a Forbert on an opposing player once and awhile. 

Fair enough - I'd appreciate a guy who says " F IT" from time to time.

I do think the Myers play on Armia was a bit of that. But bringing in some more muscle, considering our stars are smaller, is what I'd like to see. 

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

I do think the Myers play on Armia was a bit of that. But bringing in some more muscle, considering our stars are smaller, is what I'd like to see. 

That's exactly it...abandon what's "right" to do "what's right".  Something like that.

• Upvote 1

I love how we have kept the bottom of our lineup the same the last couple of years expecting different results when we know it hasn't been good enough. The truth is that they don't score. The depth has always been bad on those bottom two lines and the money spent on them is ridiculous. You need to have that depth ad its funny that they keep saying we have more depth but the stats don't back that up. We keep going back to it and saying maybe this year, maybe this year. If the top two lines aren't going, the team is sitting dead in the water. That's on Benning.

6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Thing is, you have to have a guy (or two) with the killer instinct...and size helps too (although RR did just fine).   We have teddy bear nice guys and gentle giants.  I thought when we got Myers his size meant he'd be "that guy".  I actually thought Jordie Benn might have had a scary side to him...looked the part to me.  Nope.  Mac does...I've seen it.  He likes the rough stuff.   The guys who smile afterward.  We need more of those guys.  Ferland was going to give me hope.  Sigh.

I am so tired of no one who can crush guys who target Petey, Quinn, Hog.

Zebras just throw Myers in the box when he plays tough. Imagine if that was Myers in place of Fortbor. 5 mins and a game. I guarantee it 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I disagree. I think it's on Green. We have guys that are tough. They're just never playing. All 4 of those guys can fight and will fight and are notorious for being team 1st guys. 

I actually think that's one thing Jim Benning has been exceptional at is acquiring depth guys for cheap that are gritty and can make an impact however they're severely overshadowed by the big contracts of Sutter, Beagle and Eriksson (obviously where JB has been brutal). 

Ultimately it's on coach though for not using the tools at his disposal. He's the lineup maker. 

Again two of those three contracts aren’t “brutal”.

Sutter and Beagle serve their vet purposes. Eriksson as well but in but he was brought in as the top UFA ticket in 2016.

The problem with this team, is having drafted insanely better future superstars than those contracts, who are developing way ahead of the game.

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Thing is, you have to have a guy (or two) with the killer instinct...and size helps too (although RR did just fine).   We have teddy bear nice guys and gentle giants.  I thought when we got Myers his size meant he'd be "that guy".  I actually thought Jordie Benn might have had a scary side to him...looked the part to me.  Nope.  Mac does...I've seen it.  He likes the rough stuff.   The guys who smile afterward.  We need more of those guys.  Ferland was going to give me hope.  Sigh.

I am so tired of no one who can crush guys who target Petey, Quinn, Hog.

I think the problem is deeper than having a tough guy.  Seems this team has always taken the approach that having a tough guy on the roster, means you aren't soft.  Problem is, team toughness means everyone has to have the same attitude and stand up for themselves and their teammates.  You need an attitude that any transgression against one of your guys needs to be addressed aggressively.  You can't wait for a  opportunity for your tough guy to retaliate. Players who play on a team with that pack mentality, play with more freedom and aggression  knowing the team has their back.  If I'm petey, hoglander etc. I'm eventually gonna tone down my play so I don't get abused because I am on  my own. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I feel bad for Demko tonight. That was one of the best games he’s ever played, and the team couldn’t even get 1 for him. Dude made some highlight reel stops tonight and bailed out the D multiple times.

Edited by HC20.0
  • Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, Darius said:

i dont know man...this is not all on green.  Sure I have my gripes with him but is he the one making Gaudette miss an open net, or is he the one that cant make miller make a saucer pass that would have setup a one on one scoring chance, or is he the one that made edler skate in mud when Schaffhole walkk around him, or is he the one making Petey fall more often than not.

I have some criticisms of the PP and how they defend, but some of this is on the players too.

Trust me i know many players have messed up. You can’t fire all the players 

past that, we have a fundamentally weak offensive system. Plays on the perimeter, does not attack the net, reverses course, and passes backwards. It fails time after time 

defensively its a gong show most nights

at some point you have to look at the coaching  

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Lost 8 of the last 10 

I don’t watch Green at any time bud.

But ok bud.

I think you’re in love.

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

For sure. As I was typing my response that play came to mind. Would just be so nice to be the windshield instead of the bug more often. It's ok to get mad while playing this game. Green and his passive BS have to go.

7 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Lost 8 of the last 10 

Green is probably the best coach in the league in telling moral victories to his players, which could be a good thing if he is coaching an amateur team...lol....This is the NHL man.  Young guys like Pettersson seems like he has no coaching but just let him be whatever he is.  I guess Green just doesn't have the resume to allow him to challenge his players like other high profile coaches can...

Edited by Dogcrazy