The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 23, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

59 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Even then it's still better then it was with Edler maybe getting 30 points and a few with 8-9 one with maybe 20....how many games have we played? 23....over a full season - and not saying it's sustainable, but close to 200 points from you D is a lot better then it had been in quite some time.  Take QHs completely out and assume he scores 75, that's about where the entire D was scoring without him right?   And Edler manning the point, Hutton scoring maybe 22 or so - the rest 10-15...   Point is there are some things going right with this team too.   But feel free to denegrate that too. 

Just pointing out stats isn't denigrating at all, if you think it is then that's in your head and on you. I just pointed out a glaring disparity between Quinn and the rest of the d-corps and the only difference between the d scoring the last 2 seasons and the previous 4 is him. He is "going right" not necessarily the d-corps or the team.

Dmen scoring

15-16 .24 p/pg

16-17 .22 p/pg

17-18 .25 p/pg

18-19 .27 p/pg

19-20 .38 p/pg

20-21 .37 p/pg

Edited by GritGrinder

I'm actually surprised EDM didn't send Nurse out to take care of Roussel for roughing up the kid. I don't know why he attacked Puljujarvi like that, he went a bit nuts. So undisciplined. Roussel is a liability. Is Bailey ready for action yet?

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm actually surprised EDM didn't send Nurse out to take care of Roussel for roughing up the kid. I don't know why he attacked Puljujarvi like that, he went a bit nuts. So undisciplined. Roussel is a liability. Is Bailey ready for action yet?

Didn't need to, they knew they would take care of the bigger picture beating us on the scoreboard, where it really hurts the most.

4 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Didn't need to, they knew they would take care of the bigger picture beating us on the scoreboard, where it really hurts the most.

This is true, he took one for the team I guess. Just seemed odd that no one retaliated. If Marchand, for example, attacked Juolevi like that? There would be a swarm of Canucks to his rescue. I wonder if the Oilers players aren't too keen on this Puljujarvi kid. Maybe he deserved it? Tough to day what was said and done off camera.

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

This is true, he took one for the team I guess. Just seemed odd that no one retaliated. If Marchand, for example, attacked Juolevi like that? There would be a swarm of Canucks to his rescue. I wonder if the Oilers players aren't too keen on this Puljujarvi kid. Maybe he deserved it? Tough to day what was said and done off camera.

We likely could see something next game. I was fully expecting a response too.

31 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Benning has had seven years to find that top defensive defenseman.  Schmidt is a solid two-way defenseman but one guy ain’t remotely good enough after that period of time.  

Although as a  casual observer it seems to me that Schmidt has caught the Vancouver ailment of turn-overs and missed passes out of our own end. I have been disappointed after the hype of landing him.

17 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

At least Roussel has something to show for his season so far.

So Roussel gets some pushback and runs into a dirty Finn and gets Fined.

Poolparty now looks like a coward.

I will take that exchange any day.

1 minute ago, longsuffering said:

Although as a  casual observer it seems to me that Schmidt has caught the Vancouver ailment of turn-overs and missed passes out of our own end. I have been disappointed after the hype of landing him.

New team.  New coach/system.  Throw in struggling team.  He’ll get better.