The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Claude Julien replacing Travis Green (Proposal)

Rate this topic

grandmaster

There is a window of opportunity now for the Canucks to land the newly available Claude Julien. A coach who has a much more impressive resume and former Stanley Cup champion winning coach. 

The Habs made a mistake here and I believe Jim Benning needs to move quick on this or he will be scooped up by another team.

Thank you Travis for all your efforts but this team can no longer function under your command. It’s time for a change.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

It is time for a change, I mean the rink is empty and the fans have stopped coming to games.

In all seriousness, if fans had been allowed, I think you'd see a lot more empty seats. I hope the coronavirus isn't masking the fans' dissatisfaction with this team.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, DSVII said:

The circle is complete.

After 1994, we bring in Messier and Keenan, then after 2011, we bring in Benning and Julien.

Gallant is who i want over Claude rn

No doubt.   Big difference though.   We'd need to bring in Bergeron and watch his production tank - plus gut the entire team. 

3 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Sounds like the Rangers want him , why would we want a coach who’s experienced and has an above .500 winning percentage anyway?

They can have him, there will be other coaches available later on 

We're not the only team in need of a coaching change, it'll be musical coaches as per usual 

• Cheers 1

There are a few problems with this team, from top to bottom, but what is really hurting them in games? IMO, it's team D and that falls to the D coach (Baumgartner). I was also a fan of Green, but I'm not sure he's the coach/authority that will motivate his team, demand excellence. The Canucks lose and he compliments his team's effort and likes the direction they're trending. Losing should never be acceptable.

But okay, fire Baumgartner and Green and then what? Newel Brown is the interim head coach? God help us all. I think they ride out this season and then overall the coaching staff in the off season. Benning gets to keep his job, for now. The Draft is coming up and he'll need to make very smart picks with their first 3 rounds.   

• Vintage 1

No to Julien please. I do not like the guy.

I really do not know what this group need to kick them in the butt and get them playing as a team but a young definitely does not need not an old school guy like julien.

There are a few very good assistant coaches in the league that would be good to pry away in the off-season so we may have to wait until then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

What are we?  The Vancouver Bruins? 

It's bad enough we're stuck with a Bruins crony as GM but now a former coach too.  Did 2011 really mess up FA?

Fat pass.

There were reports he addressed the team in tears in the locker room after Game 7 (we were all in tears tbf), plus the directive with Gillis to focus on size vs speed/skill,  I would say it affected him bigly.