The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Claude Julien replacing Travis Green (Proposal)

Rate this topic

grandmaster

28 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

What are we?  The Vancouver Bruins? 

It's bad enough we're stuck with a Bruins crony as GM but now a former coach too.  Did 2011 really mess up FA?

Fat pass.

How could you forget, worst of all... it's where Loui inflated his stats to completely &^@# us 

This scenario is reminding me a bit of when Boudreau got fired by the Caps. Within about a week the Ducks fired Carlyle and hired Boudreau. Canucks lose tomorrow night, Green and staff are let go, Julien and Muller meet the Canucks in Winnipeg on the weekend in time for Monday's game with the Jets. It can happen just that quickly.

On a side note it wouldn't surprise me if Gallant already has a hand-shake agreement with Francis to coach the Kraken and it will be announced just before the ED.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, BoKnows said:

Claude or Gallant pls

No to Gallant.

3 teams have already not hired him. And Seattle who is in position to hire him hasn't. 

It's clearly not his win rate. There's something else no one is talking about that teams aren't hiring him.

(It could be anything. Does he want control of what players the team gets? Is he too abusive to players? A skeleton in the closet? He like's disco?)

Whatever it is, if Ron Francis is not hiring him. I'd stay away. 

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

They can have him, there will be other coaches available later on 

We're not the only team in need of a coaching change, it'll be musical coaches as per usual 

Muller was a good interim coach, and he was an edgy player. Would welcome him over current staff.

One thing which everyone in this news is forgetting, is that ALEXANDRE BURROWS was already promoted to the big club.

So, yet another notch in the belt of his incredible career, and just maybe some day, Alex will be the one who leads the Canucks to the promised land.

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

No to Gallant.

3 teams have already not hired him. And Seattle who is in position to hire him hasn't. 

It's clearly not his win rate. There's something else no one is talking about that teams aren't hiring him.

(It could be anything. Does he want control of what players the team gets? Is he too abusive to players? A skeleton in the closet? He like's disco?)

Whatever it is, if Ron Francis is not hiring him. I'd stay away. 

Probably tells people to get bent when they deserve it, is all. He isn't a yes man, is what I've read.

39 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Would much rather have Gallant as our coach over Julien

I would too. Gallant is the best coach not with a job by far right now, but Julien is still a significant upgrade. Zack's mom is still a huge upgrade. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, xereau said:

Probably tells people to get bent when they deserve it, is all. He isn't a yes man, is what I've read.

That doesn't explain a team dropping you on a rough patch of 4 games. Florida who knows what went through that GM's head. But I'm concerned a team that was doing well overall just looks for an excuse to drop him. If he's not cooperative with the GM's then that's an issue in itself. 

17 minutes ago, xereau said:

Muller was a good interim coach, and he was an edgy player. Would welcome him over current staff.

One thing which everyone in this news is forgetting, is that ALEXANDRE BURROWS was already promoted to the big club.

So, yet another notch in the belt of his incredible career, and just maybe some day, Alex will be the one who leads the Canucks to the promised land.

Gonna be honest, I don't know a thing about Muller. But I'm adamantly opposed to Julien. 

Yeah, wasn't he already working at the NHL level in some capacity for Montreal? Good for him though, he's worked for everything he has. Maybe we'll see him behind our bench someday. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1