The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 1, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

No idea why this hack stays in. Maybe he's willing to give the extra 5-10% that Green and Horvat are talking about. 

Dude Rousell is sick man

just trolling. Go Canucks Go!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

if you are wondering why our record is what it is, look at these bottom six stats, the work load is on the top 6 game in and game out 
Roussell - GP-23 G-1 A-2 PT-3 

Beagle - GP-24 G-1 A-4 PT-5

Gaudette - GP-20 G-2 A-0 PT-2

Virtanen - GP-19 G-1 A-0 PT-1

just for giggles 

SAM GAGNE - GP-16 G-4 A-2 PT-6

image.png

oof

• Cheers 1

I just get this feeling that the problems go much deeper than just needing 1-2 better Dmen.

- Travis Green is trying to make losing acceptable - which is unacceptable. Maybe he's just trying to save his own job, saying things like "they're close to winning".

- Jim Benning screwed this team's cap, and here we are with aging, underperforming vets they can't trade.

- Bo Horvat needs to be a better captain. He says some nice stuff in his pressers, but I want to see passion on the ice. 

- Alex Edler needs to be a better veteran leader, and not shy away from the rough stuff when it occurs, especially when there are younger team mates on the ice. Also, 0 goals this year. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

Last year.

Jake Virtanen -     36 points

Adam Gaudette -   33 points

We should have seen progress this year.

But why not?

our coach is supposed to be the young hockey player whisperer 

could it all be a fraud? 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

if you are wondering why our record is what it is, look at these bottom six stats, the work load is on the top 6 game in and game out 

just for giggles 

Gagner scored 3 of his 4 goals in a hat trick game, so if you take that out, it is 1G 2A. Still those numbers our bottom 6 put up are absolutely atrocious. I have faith in Gaudette, I think we should keep him instead of trading him now, the value is extremely low. He is getting chances just snake bitten. I see it beneficial as next year we can still bring him back for cheap.

I am done with the "leadership" and "veteran" prescense of Roussel and Beagle. The real veteran and leadership came from Tanev. Virtanen needs a change in scenery. Benning &^@#ed up this off-season by failing to address the cap issue.

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

But why not?

our coach is supposed to be the young hockey player whisperer 

could it all be a fraud? 

That is the conundrum. The entire team is under delivering. Is it just a weird year or is it coaching. Playing the same team over and over can effect match ups . 

9 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Gagner scored 3 of his 4 goals in a hat trick game, so if you take that out, it is 1G 2A. Still those numbers our bottom 6 put up are absolutely atrocious. I have faith in Gaudette, I think we should keep him instead of trading him now, the value is extremely low. He is getting chances just snake bitten. I see it beneficial as next year we can still bring him back for cheap.

I am done with the "leadership" and "veteran" prescense of Roussel and Beagle. The real veteran and leadership came from Tanev. Virtanen needs a change in scenery. Benning &^@#ed up this off-season by failing to address the cap issue.

the issue with hockey gaud is that his line mattes are plugs

7 minutes ago, appleboy said:

That is the conundrum. The entire team is under delivering. Is it just a weird year or is it coaching. Playing the same team over and over can effect match ups . 

I was very worried about this season for following reason

green simply can not adapt his gameplan to match  the competition. The teams we play are learning and adjusting 

this is exactly what is happening 

teams know all our plays and we keep doing the same old

Edited by canuck2288
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

52 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

just for giggles 

You made me giggle 

33 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

You know, the players saying we need to give an extra 5-10%...makes me wonder why they weren't giving it 100% all this time.  

This team isn't built yet.   Watching the Vegas series was the worst seven games of playoff hockey i've ever seen.  The most undeserving 7 games anyways - but it happened.   Go back as see what a lot of CDC ers said during the MIN series.   Some were satisfied if we won a couple of games and took it to five games.   Winning the play-ins was a win.   Beating St. Louis was definitely more then expected.   Taking Vegas to seven games was absolutely ridiculous to me at least.  

We are not done yet.   So much has to fall into place to even re-produce that exact same thing with this core as in playoff games played.   And a lot of luck. 

• Cheers 4

This team will never win a cup without a Mitchell/Murzyn type to counter QHs deficiencies.   

We won't win without a bottom six that will add some goals.  Motte we miss you - but what the heck AG and JV - wake up already. 

We won't win without a top ten goalie.  50/50 Demko will get there. 

What's wrong with enjoying the process? We have a lot of what we need to win too.   It's definitely not coaching.  Part of me wants to see TG fired just to watch us dive dive dive to the bottom.  Like we are anyways.   Usually teams like ours (not ready) at best get a modest boost at first - then right back to normal.   We aren't that good yet folks.   Yes we have a lot of Potential.   And yes we have a lot of cap space the next two years.   Easily filled right up.   However there is hope at least - and we need another high pick in the backend to boost us when these guys are in their prime.    Just saying it like it is.   A coach change isn't going to "magically " make us a contender.     

We need more top four D's.  Myers, Schmidt and Edler are not the issue.   The issue is we don't have more of those guys (yet).   Personally i'm done with Hutton, Stecher, Del Zotto types.    And no thanks to Rathbone - one undersized D is enough.   No thanks to Chatfield to replace Myers either -what a joke that would be.   Ugh.  Now i'm also freaking out lol. 

On freaking out.   Luck has more to do with NHL hockey then i'd like it to.  I don't like the cap - i don't like 32 diluted talented cap teams - expansion has killed so many franchises chances at ever winning and killed the golden era of NHL hockey which was 21-24 teams.   Rant over.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

This team will never win a cup without a Mitchell/Murzyn type to counter QHs deficiencies.   

We won't win without a bottom six that will add some goals.  Motte we miss you - but what the heck AG and JV - wake up already. 

We won't win without a top ten goalie.  50/50 Demko will get there. 

What's wrong with enjoying the process? We have a lot of what we need to win too.   It's definitely not coaching.  Part of me wants to see TG fired just to watch us dive dive dive to the bottom.  Like we are anyways.   Usually teams like ours (not ready) at best get a modest boost at first - then right back to normal.   We aren't that good yet folks.   Yes we have a lot of Potential.   And yes we have a lot of cap space the next two years.   Easily filled right up.   However there is hope at least - and we need another high pick in the backend to boost us when these guys are in their prime.    Just saying it like it is.   A coach change isn't going to "magically " make us a contender.     

We need more top four D's.  Myers, Schmidt and Edler are not the issue.   The issue is we don't have more of those guys (yet).   Personally i'm done with Hutton, Stecher, Del Zotto types.    And no thanks to Rathbone - one undersized D is enough.   No thanks to Chatfield to replace Myers either -what a joke that would be.   Ugh.  Now i'm also freaking out lol. 

On freaking out.   Luck has more to do with NHL hockey then i'd like it to.  I don't like the cap - i don't like 32 diluted talented cap teams - expansion has killed so many franchises chances at ever winning and killed the golden era of NHL hockey which was 21-24 teams.   Rant over.

easy there little shoooter

• Haha 1