The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 1, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

43 minutes ago, lmm said:

easy there little shoooter

Yeah ... blowing steam is fun...once in awhile ... everyone out there - enjoy the game tonight - i for one will for sure.   Because i just haven't had enough grief yet - i'm predicting a 5-2 game with Myers the game winner ...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I can't believe he actually said that with a straight face. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I can't believe he actually said that with a straight face. 

i WISH i COULD GIVE MORE THAN ONE e-M-o-j-i  

i'DA GAVE YOU A LAUGH, A SAD/wONKIE, AND ALIEN AND A BAG

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Gagme didnt do that with us so what does it matter.

Also if hes so great why is detroit in virtually the same spot as we are?

Not yet.   They are a couple years behind us... despite starting a little earlier.   Predict they will do a good job, they will be patient with Yzerman and end up a good team again.   And so will we. 

On 2/28/2021 at 11:14 AM, bree2 said:

Hoglander is better than Jake on the first, i think Jake and Gaudette belong together

WHAT YOU SEEM TO BE MISSING IS THAT hOGLANDER HAS HIT THE ROOKIE WALL.

oops didn't mean to yell.

Hoggy had a 5point in 6 game blip back in late Janruary

but onl;y amassed 3 apples in all February

He is a promissing kid, but not really helping the team at this point

only time will tell if he is hte next Patrick Kane or Brandon Reid

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Great post. I agree it would be entertaining to see Myers causing havoc out there. This PP will never get back to basics if they can't teach Petterson and Miller to shoot the puck, the whole exercise/2 minutes is basically useless besides giving up shorties.  Our PP coach is a maroon.

Unfortunately, the wrong  Maroon ........

image.thumb.png.69fdf8f69b42a8e405aa30437a900d9c.png

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, lmm said:

Here is what I find funny about those that keep saying "Jake has had lots of chances"

Jannick Hansen played 11 years for the Canucks

He was basically a 3-4 liner

until year 10 when he played with  tthe Sedins

People say "Jannik can play up and down the line up" Like doing so is some rare skill.

And it is.

People say the same about Loui and Rooster, but in reality they cannot score 20ish goals on a top line, so they do not actually have the finish to perform at the top.

At the other end of the scale, if Brock or JT don't score for 5 games they cannot go play on the 3-4 line effectively.

So, playing "Up and Down the Line up" is a special skill.

If we all agree Jake is not a fast learner and has struggled to find his niche on the team,

Why do you who say he has been given many chances expect him to perform in a multi-dimensional roll "Up and Down" the line up?

Hansen was an effective player bottom 6 player that earned a top 6 role later in his career with the Sedins.  And we all know how he earned it.  It's no secret formula-drive play and you'll get more ice time.  Same goes for Jake.

TG moved Brock down to the second and third line when he was struggling last season.  He came back strong this year but who knows where it could have went if he continued to struggle.  He was a topic of fan trade talk because of it.  Go ahead and put Miller on the 4th line and see what happens. You'd see him driving play that's for sure.  

If you are making the argument that Jake is a top 6 player only-ok then.  Let's ignore everything about Jakes play up to this point and just go with your argument he has been mis cast.  So this whole time he's been with the Canucks, TG has been out of his mind not playing him in the top 6 on a regular basis?  That's a good take, please I'd love to hear that one broached to other hockey minds.  Feel free to chime in people.

12 minutes ago, lmm said:

WHAT YOU SEEM TO BE MISSING IS THAT hOGLANDER HAS HIT THE ROOKIE WALL.

oops didn't mean to yell.

Hoggy had a 5point in 6 game blip back in late Janruary

but onl;y amassed 3 apples in all February

He is a promissing kid, but not really helping the team at this point

only time will tell if he is hte next Patrick Kane or Brandon Reid

Oh my god.  Not helping the team?  What?  The back pressure alone this kid applies in creating turnovers is a huge asset.  For a young small rookie he gets in hard on the forecheck.  He executes high difficulty plays.  Probably one of the most consistent bright spots on this team and he is a rookie.  Baffling.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Not yet.   They are a couple years behind us... despite starting a little earlier.   Predict they will do a good job, they will be patient with Yzerman and end up a good team again.   And so will we. 

I meant in regards to this season only. Less about rebuilds and more about gagme stellar play lifting the wings to new heights.

• Cheers 1

Well, they're not wearing the cash grab jerseys, so maybe they stand a chance in this one. The extra days off should be good, I'm sure they're TIRED of losing. Need to break the streak again. Be nice to actually be on a winning streak for once lol  Other than those early gifts from OTT, the Canucks haven't won 2 games in a row all season.