The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 8, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

I doubt they would score even if it was a 5 on 2. They were all trying hard to setup miller for that wide shot he let go. Spent 2 minutes on a PP just to have miller shoot it wide while Boeser is screening. 

Just gotta laugh. You summed it up 

Just now, DefCon1 said:

I doubt they would score even if it was a 5 on 2. They were all trying hard to setup miller for that wide shot he let go. Spent 2 minutes on a PP just to have miller shoot it wide while Boeser is screening. 

There is absolutely no purpose or killer instinct to their power play.

They pass way too many time to make the same simple shot again and again like the opposition can’t tell exactly what they’re gonna do.

Honestly I’d rather see someone get greedy and go one on three than watch them pass it around aimlessly.

3 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Horvat and Miller eventually rotated.  Didn't help that hughes fell, kinda flubbed a pass and MTL cleared.  But I bet u think Brown drew it up that way too lmao

They have a clear and obvious structure to every last PP, he definitely "drew it up".

For years I've been sitting here yelling through my phone that Brown's PP is $&!#. It's static and boring. The players never rotate or cycle through shooting positions. They have little circles they're coached to stay within. It should be so brutally obvious, goose.

Go ahead man, tell me Brock Boeser is staying by the post because that's where he wants to be on the PP. 

Honestly. The structure and lack of player movement is on Brown. If he didn't want the PP so &^@#ing boring and predictable he would have changed it sometime in the last 4 years.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Canucksince99 said:

On a 5 on 3 there is no reason someone should be trying to shoot from the point. They could move the puck faster and get a tap in goal. They literally have two extra players on the ice. 

It looked like they were cheating to Miller to prevent the one timer.  In hindsight, I think they had Boeser down low because RH shot he can cross crease or bumper to Pearson.  Horvat flubbed his pass to Boeser tho, then Hughes fell and it all went to $&!#

• Cheers 1

Just now, luckylager said:

They have a clear and obvious structure to every last PP, he definitely "drew it up".

For years I've been sitting here yelling through my phone that Brown's PP is $&!#. It's static and boring. The players never rotate or cycle through shooting positions. They have little circles they're coached to stay within. It should be so brutally obvious, goose.

Go ahead man, tell me Brock Boeser is staying by the post because that's where he wants to be on the PP. 

Honestly. The structure and lack of player movement is on Brown. If he didn't want the PP so &^@#ing boring and predictable he would have changed it sometime in the last 4 years.

Just now, Angry Goose said:

It looked like they were cheating to Miller to prevent the one timer.  In hindsight, I think they had Boeser down low because RH shot he can cross crease or bumper to Pearson.  Horvat flubbed his pass to Boeser tho, then Hughes fell and it all went to $&!#