The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 8, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 hours ago, xereau said:

RNH would be a little too pricey for a 3C, as much as I would like that. Use buyouts on Loui+Roussel to give us an extra $3.66m, don't resign Pearson if he wants what he makes now, trade Jake, fill our bottom 6 with ELC/near league minimum contracts, and maybe we'd have the cap for it... also, who knows if Ferland can play again next season, which would take away LTIR cap relief. But I think Wennberg or Danault would likely be our best affordable options, while still being able to put up some points. 

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm really liking this new wraparound attempt we're trying lately...mixes it up.  I've seen 3-4 in the recent games and I like the idea of greasy goals like this.

Yep.

Also....just got here so not sure if it's been mentioned...but Petey's out for at least another week.  BOOOOOOO

begs the question, for how much he whines, when's the last time McDiver missed 2 weeks for multiple sticks to the ribs? 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Jovo was a guy with all the tools, but every once in a while would make a decision that earned him the nickname "Special Ed".....That being said, they were almost always what the old-timers like to call "the errors of enthusiasm"......It was never a lack of caring, nor trying.....

Jovocop was a heart and soul guy and I remember being pissed that they gave the C to Nazzy instead of him. As much as I loved Markus, I never considered him a "leader". (except on the scoresheet)

I was overall overly critical of the WCE team at the time but Jovo i begrudgingly let in eventually - hard not to.   Was tough on Ohlund too when i really shouldn't have.   All because i just couldn't accept all the Linden guys who moved on and kept killing it (Bure, Peca, Walker, Ronning etc).... once Linden came back all felt right in the universe again though....Jovo would have been fine to keep too...cap screwed us like a lot of teams back then. 

7 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I was overall overly critical of the WCE team at the time but Jovo i begrudgingly let in eventually - hard not to.   Was tough on Ohlund too when i really shouldn't have.   All because i just couldn't accept all the Linden guys who moved on and kept killing it (Bure, Peca, Walker, Ronning etc).... once Linden came back all felt right in the universe again though....Jovo would have been fine to keep too...cap screwed us like a lot of teams back then. 

Ronning still stings....The Canucks let him walk because they thought that Alex Semak was going to be a big upgrade. Instead, he underperformed and Cliff kept being Cliff, except he was doing it in Phoenix....

I cut the 'Nucks some slack on Peca, because Almo came the other way. I think any GM pulls the trigger on that deal....

37 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

To Do List GIF by UQ Sport

45 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Not thinking

Not moving

Not shooting

Not adjusting

Not executing

Not effective

Oh c’mon that 5 on 3 was a clinic.

on what not to do :ph34r:

• Cheers 3

27 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Oh c’mon that 5 on 3 was a clinic.

on what not to do :ph34r:

I'm sure many teams and analysts will study that 5 on 3 whenever they need a good laugh.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

What's Scott Niedermayer up to these days? Any chance he ever becomes the Canucks D coach? That would be pretty sweet. 

Great player doesn't automatically mean good coach. Gretzky is the perfect example.

Edited by RomanP
  • Cheers 2