The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 8, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

53 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I am most pissed off about losing Toffoli. Let's say if the team heats up and end up missing the playoffs by 4 points, then I would attribute that 4 points to JB for "running out of time" on Toffoli. Without Toffoli, I think we win atleast 2 more games against the Canadiens.

image.png.e9e2c6b56857835f31ca8b4ae6667bbb.png

Saw this on canucksarmy, thought it would be a good lineup to try this year at some point.

Switch Baertschi for AHL callups and/or Podkolzin when he arrives.

Might as well experiment with the season almost lost.

43 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

Does anyone know what is wrong with the Alien? 

Had to go back to his home planet.   Started to caccoon which explains all the posts - should come back metomorphosized - EP 2.0.   Means 20 goals, next 20 game and 1.5 thereafter PGP until he's due for his next change of stasis.   Curiously meeting up with Chuck Norris, Stallone and our very own SN/CBC Hrudey while there - also due for their upgrades. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I am most pissed off about losing Toffoli. Let's say if the team heats up and end up missing the playoffs by 4 points, then I would attribute that 4 points to JB for "running out of time" on Toffoli. Without Toffoli, I think we win atleast 2 more games against the Canadiens.

In 45 years i can't re-call a Canuck that anyone was so butt-hurt over not re-signing that played so few games.   We won't be able to judge this one properly for awhile.   Where does Hoglander go anyway?  Good grief Hoglander has more games already.   And while i'm at it - i gander these are the same folks who think that  1/2 a season of Sundin launched the Sedins into the stratosphere - gracing us with all his wisdom. 

Want to complain?  Why no more Ronning? 

Edited by IBatch
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

They may feel because he's French and the Canucks are facing les Canadiens, his opinion is somehow important. We all know it's not though. He was chosen to speak because he's French. Is there a word for that?

Roussel is regularly interviewed in Montreal to talk Canucks.  It used to be Burrows before him.  His family moved to Quebec when he was a teenager - they have a gite/bed & breakfast in the Laurentides.  He even speaks french with a Quebecois accent.  

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

In 45 years i can't re-call a Canuck that anyone was so butt-hurt over not re-signing that played so few games.   We won't be able to judge this one properly for awhile.   Where does Hoglander go anyway?  Good grief Hoglander has more games already.   And while i'm at it - i gander these are the same folks who think that  1/2 a season of Sundin launched the Sedins into the stratosphere - gracing us with all his wisdom. 

First of all, I didn't start watching until the late 2000s as I am an immigrant, so anything happened before then I just read it as history (because I didn't live through those time so I won't feel the emotions).

I am pissed off about Toffoli because he is a legit top 6 goal scorer that is signed for a very reasonable and team friendly contract elsewhere. He fit in well with the team and he had 6 goals n 10 regular season games with us last year. We can't resign him not because we have money tied up in our best players, but because Benning's mismanagement of the cap we have money tied up at the bottom of the line up. Who would you rather have, Roussel and Beagle at $3 million each or Toffoli at $4.25 million?

Where does Hoglander go? He can start on the 3rd line and gradually move up to top 6. Who knows, Pearson's drop of production could mean we can see a Hoglander-Horvat-Toffoli line. It is always better to have a proven goal scorer to push younger players further down the line up to create better scoring depth. Toffoli and Hoglander are not mutually exclusive, they can be on the same team and make the attack more lethal. Who knows, maybe Hoglander on a line with Gaudette and Virtanen could make this a more productive 3rd line as Gaudtte doesn't have to be stuck on a line with plugs.

Is Hoglander the better player for the team going forward long term? Yes. Does Toffoli make this team better if he is here instead of let's say Roussel? The answer is definitely yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

processed cheese slices on poutine? Are these the same people trying to make Nanaimo bars?

I wonder if the Poutine Police are as aggressive as the Nanaimo Bar Police? 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, IBatch said:

It was Derek Sanderson for me. 

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

First of all, I didn't start watching until the late 2000s as I am an immigrant, so anything happened before then I just read it as history (because I didn't live through those time so I won't feel the emotions).

I am pissed off about Toffoli because he is a legit top 6 goal scorer that is signed for a very reasonable and team friendly contract elsewhere. He fit in well with the team and he had 6 goals n 10 regular season games with us last year. We can't resign him not because we have money tied up in our best players, but because Benning's mismanagement of the cap we have money tied up at the bottom of the line up. Who would you rather have, Roussel and Beagle at $3 million each or Toffoli at $4.25 million?

Where does Hoglander go? He can start on the 3rd line and gradually move up to top 6. Who knows, Pearson's drop of production could mean we can see a Hoglander-Horvat-Toffoli line. It is always better to have a proven goal scorer to push younger players further down the line up to create better scoring depth. Toffoli and Hoglander are not mutually exclusive, they can be on the same team and make the attack more lethal. Who knows, maybe Hoglander on a line with Gaudette and Virtanen could make this a more productive 3rd line as Gaudtte doesn't have to be stuck on a line with plugs.

Is Hoglander the better player for the team going forward long term? Yes. Does Toffoli make this team better if he is here instead of let's say Roussel? The answer is definitely yes.

I do not think he saw Covid happening. Did you? 

We all saw a cap going up and trades being made etc... Get over it.

• Cheers 1

Montreal 4 times in the next 7 games.

If we want to get somewhat back into the race, we have to sweep them or at least take 3.

Looking forward to that 1st line again though. Hoglander - Miller - Boeser :wub:

57 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

image.png.e9e2c6b56857835f31ca8b4ae6667bbb.png

Saw this on canucksarmy, thought it would be a good lineup to try this year at some point.

Switch Baertschi for AHL callups and/or Podkolzin when he arrives.

Might as well experiment with the season almost lost.

Sven’s NHL time at least with the Canucks is over.

If there is an AHL call up, maybe Lind?

• Vintage 1