The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 10, 2021 | 8 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

This is a miracle.  Did somebody finally find his contacts?

That was a game that not even Green can find a way to praise his guys.

Maybe coddling isn’t the answer anymore? Time for some tough love?

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Offense was not the problem tonight. Our defense was the problem yet again.

If Green doesn’t feel like he has the players to win by out scoring the opposition he needs to adjust and have his guys grind out low event trap games. Sadly he can’t even do that though.

Gotta be able to play in they other end and put some pressure on as well. Total team problem tonight 

3 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Ok........I want you guys to think about this............

Shea Weber ............... 6'4"  230 lbs

Ben Chiarot  ............... 6'3"  225 lbs

Joel Edmundson .........6'4" 215 lbs 

Jeff Petry......................6'3" 201 lbs

All played tonight....all 4 are tough aggressive players. Pretty hard to get to the net with these guys standing in front of it.

I get told by the ladies that "size doesn't matter".  While they secretly laugh at me behind my back.:(

• Haha 3
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I've been saying that for years. 

But oh no...we need skill..skill....and more skill...

No, we need size, speed and skill. 

Honestly I didn’t think we got man handled we were not prepared off the bat without one of our best defensive forwards

Just now, Devron44 said:

Gotta be able to play in they other end and put some pressure on as well. Total team problem tonight 

Yea that’s part of grinding it out though.

Chip pucks deep, forecheck hard, and win the board battles.

I saw way too many cute plays with guys trying to do things alone. Seems like this team wins a few and then thinks they can get by with skill. Then we get owned by a team with good structure.

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We got lucky to squeeze a win out in the first game, but as soon as the Habs adjusted and upped their play the Canucks had no answer.

That’s a team that is well coached vs one with a coach that is too busy updating his excuse Rolodex for the post game press conference.

Green got out coached by the habs former assistant coach lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Trebreh said:

Green got out coached by the habs former assistant coach lol

Lol.

To be fair that team is still a Claude Julien team. It shows in their work ethic.

A Travis Green team works hardest on day one of training camp and then cruises the rest of the way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I've been saying that for years. 

But oh no...we need skill..skill....and more skill...

No, we need size, speed and skill. 

Problem is the big guys we have are so slow and play like pylons. We need big guys that can move and defend not just be big. Myers is not a good dman no matter what everyone here thinks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Yea that’s part of grinding it out though.

Chip pucks deep, forecheck hard, and win the board battles.

I saw way too many cute plays with guys trying to do things alone. Seems like this team wins a few and then thinks they can get by with skill. Then we get owned by a team with good structure.

Montreal is a really good team. More balanced then Toronto imo they are the best team in the division. And they’ve got the Burr too boot. Damn 

• Cheers 1

Its unfair that Thatcher has to even consider any of those 5 goals as his fault.

The 18 skaters in front of him continue the narrative to let him down.  None of the skaters played well tonight, they all looked like horse crap as a group and individually. They owe Demko a huge apology for their disgusting effort. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Lol.

To be fair that team is still a Claude Julien team. It shows in their work ethic.

A Travis Green team works hardest on day one of training camp and then cruises the rest of the way.

I think green is a good coach that is past his expiration date here is all.