The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 10, 2021 | 8 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, xereau said:

Honestly I don't know, but the point was at least that team had an identity.

Well, this team never hits. I'd say that's their identity.

They never hit even when hitting is the easiest way to separate the puck from the enemy. They'd rather skate around them and try to put a stick between the other guy's legs.

The only guy that hits and uses his body to take the puck away is Hoglander. A 20-year old rookie is our best player on many nights this season.

Bo and Jake need to take lessons from Hoglander. They've got the massive bodies to do what Hoglander does better than Hoglander and yet, they never do it.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Well, clearly he made a good decision by not doing it.

Nonis had his mistakes too - don't get me wrong. He should've re-signed Carter, who only made a million the year before. Dunno why they decided to move on from him. This was like the opposite of the Toffoli situation.

Oh he sure wasn't perfect, but I'll always defend his tenure based on his willingness to lose his job in favour of the long-term health of the franchise.  That takes a ton of balls to do.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Ugh... I hate to say that Roussel is done but he is 

Injuries have taken there toll on his body.  His first year for us was great.

Loui Eriksson doesn't remotely have that excuse.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

I’ve never seen anyone congratulate the coach after a win. All ya hear on here is about coaches when things aren’t going great so naturally it’s annoying to see the same comments over and over again. Congratulate the players on the win, not the coach.

Okay, it's the passive sarcasm "fire green amirite" comments after a win. It's not exactly praising, but it's mocking the people who are sick of subpar coaching. Quit grabbing coaches from the &^@#ing bargain bin, Aqua.

• Cheers 3

Just now, DeNiro said:

Unfortunately Montreal is a team we absolutely needed to beat in order to get back in the race.

Edmonton and Winnipeg are pulling away so that just leaves Calgary.

Indeed. With this loss, our playoff chances drop dramatically, in spite of our last three games. It's a shame really. Coaching should have been switched because MTL and CAL did theirs.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I thought he was on the taxi squad. So just keep Hawyerluk. But Benn, Michalis and Roussell need to be in the press box. we need goals and they wont provide any.

Joulevi has gotta play man. He needs games. Mac in for Roussel would be nice too. I don’t mind Michaelis. It was good to get a look at him 

• Cheers 3

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Wait,  we won a cup in 2011? 

So how are the Panthers a shining example of a franchise? They have been dreadful for 21 of 26 years and mediocre for 4 of the remaining 5.

Amazing how your narrative changes for other teams but remains myopic and negative for the Canucks.