The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | March 15, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, xereau said:

There's that high profile incident where he allegedly inferred that the Sedins should:

Hide contents

'follow Rick Rypien's lead' (something like this during the VAN vs FLA brawl ca. 2016)

I think he's a good coach, but that right there's prolly why he's not, or likely to ever coach the Canucks.

I find that hard to believe.

There’s crossing the line and then there’s that. The idea that NHL coach would say that seems unlikely to me.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya, its bad that you say if he wants to. More often than not he doesn't want to.  Plus he has only 3 goals. No ASSISTS. How can you not even have a secondary playing the amount of games he has played this year.

2 of his goals were against the Leafs.

That's like worth 10 goals after conversion. 

Anyway he's alright ,give him some more playing time.  

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean we used to play that way in Loungo’s first season but AV didn’t have much to work with.

AV can shut it down or play offensive hockey.. very good coach and due for a Stanley Cup soon...philly us building something good over there..

Green has zero defensive structure..

6 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Honestly the give aways and defense structure of team is because of a bad system implemented by Baumgartner which doesnt suit our team and aside from that  it can not be executed well. I wish we had Sutter.

This team has wild west written all over it. Crawford's go get em systems would be a breath of fresh air. No disrespect to Brendan Morrison either as a centerman, but this team has three better atm. Petey Miller Bo. Amazign top 3. With Nils' emergence on wing, and Podkolzin coming, soon we can ice three dangerous offensive lines, and a solid young hard hitting 4th with Lind coming up the ranks as center there. These youngsters need to be let off the leash eventually, but and it won't be under Green et al. Also, Crow's not optimal either, but there has to be other coaching groups out there who can take advantage of the players we have, rather than force them into cookie cutter roles.

Edited by xereau
  • Cheers 1

It's actually insane how inconsistent this team is. I watch a fair amount of hockey and never do you see anyone else look like different team each game / each period.

It's clearly the systems we try to play. When we are on its fun. But 90% of the time it's extremely passive defending, and very poor passing. This whole flying down the wing and missing wide so the puck goes right back in our own zone 6000 times a game needs to stop. 

Offensive zone possession time is one thing i really miss about the sedins. Knowing how to drag the defenders out of position.

These contracts can't expire fast enough

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

The Geriatrics on this team need to retire. I counted 10 misplayed or fanned pucks and 20 give aways.

I agree completely. I said earlier, if Juolevi is on the trip, take Edler out and give him a break. It's bad choices by the coaching staff.