The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 22, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Oh my energy is large
My charge is hard
Ha storm a Jet net
And go swipe my charge card
Cuz Eddie needs a hundy
Since like yesterday
Say Hellybunk why don't you jus get outta my way
Gotta say, after we win, it sting
Hear De Melo be crying like
Jason ♫ Da Rulo ♫

• RoughGame 1

8 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

So Petey is a wrist injury as suspected.  Scootering though?

Might be one of those things where a player normally plays through it.

With the team rolling, a bye week coming up, and Miller handling first line center duties; it makes sense to make sure he’s 100%.

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

So Petey is a wrist injury as suspected.  Scootering though?

I thought it was a cross check from behind. Just under the two minute mark of the second period of the last game he played..  I hope he's wrong about the wrist.

Wouldn't be the first time.:(

15 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Oh my energy is large
My charge is hard
Ha storm a Jet net
And go swipe my charge card
Cuz Eddie needs a hundy
Since like yesterday
Say Hellybunk why don't you jus get outta my way
Gotta say, after we win, it sting
Hear De Melo be crying like
Jason ♫ Da Rulo ♫

Screenshot_20201219-123403_Instagram.jpg

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

Pride night in Van?! Woo:towel:this game day just got 10x better. See my boys reppin that rainbow :wub: (need an emoji for it)

Go Canucks!:canucks:

Would NOT be a Canucks game if they didn't incorporate some sort of minority group in the pre game

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

Toronto has arguably the biggest fanbase of the Canadian teams: and that fanbase can be replicated in many of the southern 'iffy' markets on the turn of a dime. Vancouver has 675 thousand people and lots of them watch hockey, and BC has 5 million and lots of us watch hockey. Phoenix has 4.5 million people and Arizona has 7.5. Not many watch hockey though, but it doesn't take too many % points when the city has 4.5 million instead of 675 thousand to turn around the revenue in a hurry. 

I think it is good to grow the sport into new markets in North America, but what may be even better would be the tier system that the Premiership has in soccer in ENgland for example. There are like the NHl/AHL/ECHL system like a hundred clubs and what the NHL could do is have 32 in teh NHL, another 32 in the AHL and another 32 in the ECHL and just like the premiership or WJH system: the last place team this year bumps ddown to the 2nd tier and their winner bumps up. 

Instant "anti tanking" right there. 

But its too wild a change and the owners would never vote to have a chance to drop to the AHL in a bad year. Too bad, as that format has made even Bolton worth billions.

EDIT: as an aside, contracts could be done as strait % of revenue, you pay your Matthewses 12% or what not and your boydses 1% or what not and then it doesn't matter where you end up in the teir system, your income determines your salary expenditures: but your stars will demand a trade when you tank and drop a tier, that is for sure, just like in the Premiership. 

Another spitball idea is for the NHL to pony up and buy professional womens teams and recreate them into a duplicate WOmens league of the NHL: when the canucks are on the road playing Calgary, literally the Lady Canucks are at home hosting Calgary's Women. Do this for 32 NHL teams and you double the local games available for fans, giving women a bigger stage, and revenue will flow from that. The relative strength of the mens league would then bouy the womens a little, while also lending credence to it. Identical paralell leagues mandated under the NHL and literally each NHL club must have a womens team, makes it easy to implement and get something off the ground, again using %'s for salary instead of hard cash amounts. 

I've been preaching these types of ideas to friends/family when we talk hockey for literally years.

Why not "copy" some models of successful sports leagues around the world instead of trying your own model that hasn't really worked. A lot of people would rate nhl as like the 6th pro sport in N.Amercia that they watch (unless they are actual hockey fans). Ive also been of the mind of doubling up on NHL teams in one city. Enough people in say the Toronto area hate Toronto (myself included) would I go and cheer for a new Toronto team to kick their arse in their city. Heck yes I would.

Move teams out of the struggling markets and add them to existing areas with proven hockey fans. Riviarlies bring in causal fans cause of the higher intensity games. Do I watch a chess match Liverpool vs Swansea or do I watch united vs city - Manchester derby. Just my two cents.

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

i don't believe you anchorman GIF

It’s always mind boggling to see stats like this because if we relied on my memory the Canucks have gone 0-for-9 billion and can’t even gain the zone let alone get a shot off.

Edited by ilduce39

2 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

Only thing I liked about Winnipeg was Santa Lucia Pizza. And the area they call the Forks (am I correct)

Happy Bday

They have a really nice riverfront patio area. Unfortunately the mosquitoes are as big as squirrels. 

2 hours ago, c00kies said:

It's my birthday today!!!!

Last time we played the Jets on my birthday we got shutout for the 3rd straight game lol.

Hoping for a much better fate (I live in Winnipeg, it sucks losing to the Jets).

Mine too - hope you have a great day and a Canuck win for us tonight

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I thought it was a cross check from behind. Just under the two minute mark of the second period of the last game he played..  I hope he's wrong about the wrist.

Wouldn't be the first time.:(

I heard it was Hoglander challenged him to a juggling contest ... with 20 lb shotputs 

2 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

Only thing I liked about Winnipeg was Santa Lucia Pizza. And the area they call the Forks (am I correct)

Happy Bday

Obviously you didn’t go to Nucci’s Gelati. So good in the heat of the summer. That is a special little shop :P